Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
We need something like this back. By this I mean an app that can let you select, download, and install games while in the app itself - like freeshop used to be able to do.

I'm sick and tired of sending games over ftp because of how slow the transfer speed is from my phone to the 3ds. It doesn't even go past 100kb a second while on my vita the speed is 2mb so games over 3gb are easily transferred. I'm struggling with a 400mb file >.>

And no I don't wanna stick the sd card in a pc because opening my new xl everytime is tedious business
You know that was how life was before freeShop existed, right? You better get used to it. It's not that much of a pain.
Also, would you really wait hours for a game to transfer over FTP instead of putting the microSD in your PC and doing the same in a couple of minutes?

Reactions: Namesnipe

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
So i've been away from the 3DS scene from like a year and half... the title key site is down too? Is it possible to get the title keys nowaday? There is a script in python to download CIA's from the CDN, does that still work?

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been away from the 3DS scene from like a year and half... the title key site is down too? Is it possible to get the title keys nowaday? There is a script in python to download CIA's from the CDN, does that still work?

Keys are different. security is different, etc. No longer is anything compatible.

jericho82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just because Nintendo made it a bit more difficult to pirate ?

There’s a lot more to do than steal games

Yeah like i was said this is only beginning and do you think they will keep and silent to see anymore of pirates?? How bout think of a few last month ago? How many pirates rom close their site because of nintendo now passive to stop pirating their game even if it's only for nintendo retro gamez like super mario bross or maybe duck hunt... lol no wonder in my country now nintendo 2nd device selling cheap and so much people sell their nintendo for just only to change into sony product

Last edited by jericho82,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like i was said this is only beginning and do you think they will keep and silent to see anymore of pirates?? How bout think of a few last month ago? How many pirates rom close their site because of nintendo now passive to stop pirating their game even if it's only for nintendo retro gamez like super mario bross or maybe duck hunt... lol no wonder in my country now nintendo device selling cheap and so much people sell their nintendo for just only to change into sony product
That doesn't make sense at all. If anything, Sony consoles are much harder to pirate than Nintendo's. Even if you hacked your PS4 for example, their games are exorbitantly massive in terms of downloading. Most people do not have the Internet speeds nor the storage space to pirate Sony stuff nonchalantly. I won't talk about the technical difficulties hacking Sony systems, but I would expect they are much harder than the 3DS cake walk. For the 3DS, you search for something like at that iso site, download a CIA, and install it with FBI. Easy-peasy with downloads capped at 4 GB for AA titles.

The decline of the 3DS is due to Nintendo's strategy putting their focus mainly on the Switch and that this console is nearing retirement after a 8 years run. I'm surprised it's still in active market and that there are games to be later released for 2019. This allows the gamers to transition over to the Switch while the 3DS slowly and gracefully exits out. Nintendo systems have consistently been cheaper than its rivals because Nintendo does not place emphasis on designing cutting edge hardware. Also, 3DS systems are cheap because they are saturated and well established products.

Even if Nintendo's crusade shutting down several rom sites proved successful, they can't possibly get all of them because there's always someone out ready to pick up the torch and host them in the absence of those that shut down before. You can see this by how many torrent sites there are. You cannot possibly tell me you can't find retro, classics, and oldies games if you do a google search, unless your country Indonesia has super repressive and restrictive Internet access.

jericho82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That doesn't make sense at all. If anything, Sony consoles are much harder to pirate than Nintendo's. Even if you hacked your PS4 for example, their games are exorbitantly massive in terms of downloading. Most people do not have the Internet speeds nor the storage space to pirate Sony stuff nonchalantly. I won't talk about the technical difficulties hacking Sony systems, but I would expect they are much harder than the 3DS cake walk. For the 3DS, you search for something like at that iso site, download a CIA, and install it with FBI. Easy-peasy with downloads capped at 4 GB for AA titles.

The decline of the 3DS is due to Nintendo's strategy putting their focus mainly on the Switch and that this console is nearing retirement after a 8 years run. I'm surprised it's still in active market and that there are games to be later released for 2019. This allows the gamers to transition over to the Switch while the 3DS slowly and gracefully exits out. Nintendo systems have consistently been cheaper than its rivals because Nintendo does not place emphasis on designing cutting edge hardware. Also, 3DS systems are cheap because they are saturated and well established products.

Even if Nintendo's crusade shutting down several rom sites proved successful, they can't possibly get all of them because there's always someone out ready to pick up the torch and host them in the absence of those that shut down before. You can see this by how many torrent sites there are. You cannot possibly tell me you can't find retro, classics, and oldies games if you do a google search, unless your country Indonesia has super repressive and restrictive Internet access.

Yeah i see your point what as far as i know 1 site and the other is linking, i mean they are copy link or game from the other site/forum to put in their site or their torrent site, why i say this, because its 2 month after i purchasing and trying 2ds after long time retirement from nintendo world without knowing that Freeshop now is died and ill try to found some game its harder and getting harder, and if its found the game has update that we cant play before updating it (ex. Ironfall, Citizen of Earth, etc) and if i can straight to say.. we even dont know how and when we got a new game for 3ds anymore, so lets pray we can have an alternate one

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i see your point what as far as i know 1 site and the other is linking, i mean they are copy link or game from the other site/forum to put in their site or their torrent site, why i say this, because its 2 month after i purchasing and trying 2ds after long time retirement from nintendo world without knowing that Freeshop now is died and ill try to found some game its harder and getting harder, and if its found the game has update that we cant play before updating it (ex. Ironfall, Citizen of Earth, etc) and if i can straight to say.. we even dont know how and when we got a new game for 3ds anymore, so lets pray we can have an alternate one

LOL Oh wow. Because Freeshop is dead, we don't know which new games came out for 3DS now.... Dude just go to sleep. You are severely tired. XD
And you're telling me because Nintendo's "2nd device" (Whatever the hell that means) is selling cheap is the reason people sell it to get Sony products....

Can you believe this person? XD I think someone was up all night again.

jericho82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
LOL Oh wow. Because Freeshop is dead, we don't know which new games came out for 3DS now.... Dude just go to sleep. You are severely tired. XD
And you're telling me because Nintendo's "2nd device" (Whatever the hell that means) is selling cheap is the reason people sell it to get Sony products....

Can you believe this person? XD I think someone was up all night again.

Lol are you blind? Does my any words says without freeshop we dont know what the next game came up? I said that because nintendo has forcing a way through because their game being pirates, how old are you to talk me like that? Bout the 2nd device thing if i remember correct it i said it was in my country not all of the world and maybe one country has different price you moron, are you in junior grade school? See and read words by words by any means.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeeeaaahhh. Being ok with waiting 6 hours for a 900 megabyte game instead of opening a 3DS back cover (Which is super easy specifically on a N3DS XL so it takes 4 seconds) and putting the MicroSD into the computer to wait literally 30 seconds to move it and putting it back into the 3DS has to be the most lazy thing I've ever heard of. Really stupid.

Personally, I've been with the backups scene for a LONG time and the 3DS was the only system I wasn't into until super late (Because I stopped playing my 3DS for years after some stupid Miiverse bullcrap with Nintendo causing all hundreds of me legit 3DS eShop games to be deleted...) so from the beginning of 2018 and earlier, I've NEVER heard of ANYTHING such as downloading straight from official servers for free. That was insanely astonishing. I've always had to do the disk>Computer method. And even more, FTPing files into these systems is a generally newer thing. (Since before these days, modders used computers and not stupid phones so no one really cared about making FTP functions for modding devices back then since all computers usually had/have USB/SD slots anyway and it's way faster.) I also don't like the FTP thing unless it's a small file. Anything other than that, forget that unless I HAVE to.

All in all... I'm used to the bare bones of backing up my own games, finding my own backups online, etc., converting them, moving them, putting the disk in my system, running up and down the stairs (Since for a lot of my life I had desktops and not laptops and occasionally my desktop was not in the same room as my game console.) and installing them, etc....

Look at it from my eyes, mario-lucis-caelum: You're frikkin lazy and probably don't even deserve to be using something like Freeshop. How can you be "Sick and tired" of doing the fastest and most efficient way?
if you're waiting 6 hours for a 900 mb game it only means your internet is bad. my internet is good and although the 3ds can't fully tap into the maximum download speed, it still does 1.5 to 2 megabytes a second. games usually take a few minutes to download.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol are you blind? Does my any words says without freeshop we dont know what the next game came up? I said that because nintendo has forcing a way through because their game being pirates, how old are you to talk me like that? Bout the 2nd device thing if i remember correct it i said it was in my country not all of the world and maybe one country has different price you moron, are you in junior grade school? See and read words by words by any means.

Go to sleep.
"Freeshop now is died and ill try to found some game its harder and getting harder, and if its found the game has update that we cant play before updating it"

You typed this not me. LOL
Freeshop is not dead and you try to find some games for 3DS and it's getting harder and harder...
Because Freeshop is dead?
You can't play games because of updates you can't acquire...
Because Freeshop is dead?

Unless you're banned, which unless "Longtime Nintendo retirement" is you stating you're banned (Which I hope that is not how you state you are banned) then what you're saying, again, makes no sense.

Also you have literally no legs to stand on when you try to justify your words "Nintendo's 2nd device" this phrase has nothing to do with prices, your "Country" or not. So calling me a moron is PROBABLY calling me someone who is looking at your words and NOT seeing things that don't exist in your sentence... Apparently I'm a moron because I don't see ANYWHERE in your sentences what "2nd" device means and how that has to do with prices or why people go to buy Sony products instead.

As I said in the beginning, GO TO SLEEP.

if you're waiting 6 hours for a 900 mb game it only means your internet is bad. my internet is good and although the 3ds can't fully tap into the maximum download speed, it still does 1.5 to 2 megabytes a second. games usually take a few minutes to download.

LOL the 6 hour thing is bad. HOWEVER the person DID INDEED SAY the transfer rate does not even go over 100 kb or something...
THAT IS BAD.

Reactions: Borjitasstoi

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: wormdood

jericho82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
...Sounds like there was a

@jericho82
Certain points are raised: you can have you opinion respected, but when you refer to

instead of "used", there might be a few confused people.

Sorry bad english languange

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Second device doesn't mean second hand my friend get that correct first, second device meaning that it can be the second device of the same brand and same model that a person bought, and second hand just mean it been used before not new.

Sorry buddy, my english suck... bad languange...

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all:
i m sill surprise how people wants a cartbridge when you can buy a SD with more Gigabytes and you can put your luma and custom firmware
this is not ds era are mandatory use this method for make pirated your console
but wow it seems people in 2019 for make pirated 3ds its still a completely a mistory for human being
i was working in place where you fix computers smartphones etc and sometimes people expects 3DS pirated cards when that thing its completely illegal and you can go jail for that

Second for all:
people complains because downloads are son long ¿you need play in that moment 3ds or something? keep in your mind when you download something you must waiting and do another things but if you want play 3ds play that games dont consume much battery in process and download all you wanted but it seems you want download the game and play in the same time

sorry but no take your patiencie and if you dont have any idea for that ask here or googling a little bit but dont take this as lose case because your patiencie and your knowledge decides your life

anyways sadly i cant read some comment because are flagged right now

Last edited by Borjitasstoi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...