Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was empty to begin with, but I quickformatted it by Windows standard means before running the test just to be sure.

That's fine with quick format. I'm not quite ready to rule out your card is fake. Most fakes are 4 GB in size relabeled to something much bigger (ie 64/128/256 GB).

I want to rule you out you got a sophisticated old stock fake that is 32 GB size but isn't really class 10.

Can you perform a read and write test on the card? Drop a single 1 GB file to check it's write speed, and recopy that file back onto your desktop. Gotta see if its I/O performance is up to snuff before ruling out hardware issue.

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's fine with quick format. I'm not quite ready to rule out your card is fake. Most fakes are 4 GB in size relabeled to something much bigger (ie 64/128/256 GB).

I want to rule you out you got a sophisticated old stock fake that is 32 GB size but isn't really class 10.

Can you perform a read and write test on the card? Drop a single 1 GB file to check it's write speed, and recopy that file back onto your desktop. Gotta see if its I/O performance is up to snuff before ruling out hardware issue.
Alright, so I took a NAND.bin file, the first thing that came to mind, which is 943 MB or 965632 KB in size. Writing it onto the card took 1 minute 20 seconds, and the speed consistently kept around 12 MB/s. Copying it to the desktop took 53 seconds, and the speed was, with no drops, at around 17 MB/s.

D

Deleted User

It went without errors, but gave me this warning that it will only check all MBs except for one. And that it's okay for NTFS, but it was formatted in FAT32.
For the record, to get music, you need to run the official eShop for like a minute. There is a music problem with freeshop that prevents external music. It is being looked into.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I took a NAND.bin file, the first thing that came to mind, which is 943 MB or 965632 KB in size. Writing it onto the card took 1 minute 20 seconds, and the speed consistently kept around 12 MB/s. Copying it to the desktop took 53 seconds, and the speed was, with no drops, at around 17 MB/s.

Your card is good then, hardware-wise. That 1 MB that couldn't be written in H2testw is usually a hidden partition table for security stuff. It's not need, and having it there shouldn't mess with your setup. You can delete that teensy partition and merge everything into a single partition if you feel this could play a role in freeShop slowdown. Use MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) for partition merging, but never use that software's cluster size allocation changer.

There was something I failed to mention about formatting.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ - What do I need to know before starting?
Your SD card should be MBR, not GPT (the SD card that comes with your device will be MBR by default).

If that checks out too, the last thing we could try is that I send you an archive copy of a barebone CFW with freeShop to test out. That way, we'll know that software (custom firmware) also isnt' the issue. * Copyright stuff like dspfirm.cdc, bgm_boss 1 & 2, and download.0.bin (the title keys) will be left out of course but you got yours to add back.

Lastly, if it's still too slow by then, you'll need to carry out troubleshooting with a local buddy with hacked 3DS. He or she will have check out freeShop on your Internet [for selective throttling by your Internet provider] and test out your Sony 32 GB card [double blind test to rule out faulty card]. If they don't have hacked 3DS, there's also downloading free themes/games on Theme Shop/eShop for Internet speed comparison.

Should neither of these two seem out of your place, fingers point back to your 3DS being FUBAR due to AoG.

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Your card is good then, hardware-wise. That 1 MB that couldn't be written in H2testw is usually a hidden partition table for security stuff. It's not need, and having it there shouldn't mess with your setup. You can delete that teensy partition and merge everything into a single partition if you feel this could play a role in freeShop slowdown. Use MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) for partition merging, but never use that software's cluster size allocation changer.

There was something I failed to mention about formatting.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ - What do I need to know before starting?

If that checks out too, the last thing we could try is that I send you an archive copy of a barebone CFW with freeShop to test out.
Just checked it via diskpart and also in MiniTool Partition Wizard, it is MBR, but the Wizard can only see one partition. I suppose I should try your archive copy then.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked it via diskpart and also in MiniTool Partition Wizard, it is MBR, but the Wizard can only see one partition. I suppose I should try your archive copy then.

• Place the dspfirm.cdc on the root of the 3DS folder first. It's CRC-32 hash should be F69FEBDE.
  • Copy everything on the SD card and launch it with the 3DS.
  • The 3DS should go straight to HOME Menu in SysNAND and create your Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Visit Nintendo eShop once and exit out.
  • Rosalina Menu inject AR Games or Download Play.
  • If freeShop still loads up too slow, try injecting HBL into the other System Titles like Face Raiders, Health & Safety, or Camera/Sound.

Edit - That title site you should be using is this one:

Edit 2 - Nevermind I removed the picture. I'm probably breaking this rule:

Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).

Even though direct links were not provided. Sorry mods!

Attachments

• CFW (barebone + freeshop).zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 160
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, so I used https://hash.online-convert.com/crc32-generator to check the dspfirm's hash, and it says it's A6792F0E. Is there a problem?

Do you have WinRAR? Archive and reopen it to double check its hash. My N3DSXL is USA region, but I don't believe that file is different between USA/EUR/JPN regions or Old/New models.

Someone else with EUR 3DS will have to verify if that hash is same or different.

There's this flashcart max forum that has that exact dspfirm. I'm sure if you look in 3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares, you'll find it.

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Do you have WinRAR? Archive and reopen it to double check its hash. My N3DSXL is USA region, but I don't believe that file is different between USA/EUR/JPN regions or Old/New models.

Someone else with EUR 3DS will have to verify if that hash is same or different.

There's this flashcart max forum that has exact that dspfirm. I'm sure if you look in 3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares, you'll find it.
Archived the file, then extracted it and checked on that site again. The hash stayed the same. My console is also a N3DSXL, but a EUR region. And although I did discover the forum you've mentioned, I can't find that dspfirm. The word "dspfirm" itself is not on the site... Guess I should just try it as it is with my dump and your archive, at least to see what happens?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Archived the file, then extracted it and checked on that site again. The hash stayed the same. My console is also a N3DSXL, but a EUR region. And although I did discover the forum you've mentioned, I can't find that dspfirm. The word "dspfirm" itself is not on the site... Guess I should just try it as it is with my dump and your archive, at least to see what happens?

WinRAR has its own CRC-32 hash checker btw. Scroll Right.

Check that thread for post #32. Hmm, I wonder if I'm breaking GBAtemp ToS referencing myself pointing out they host copyright material? lol.

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
WinRAR has its own CRC-32 hash checker btw. Scroll Right.
Hah, that's quite interesting. WinRar shows that the hash of the archived file is F69FEBDE.

So... tried this whole thing with your archive. Injected hbl in Download Play, then in 3DS Camera - freeShop is still slow and no music is playing, even though I spent like a minute in the eShop. And no screenshots.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, that's quite interesting. WinRar shows that the hash of the archived file is F69FEBDE.

So... tried this whole thing with your archive. Injected hbl in Download Play, then in 3DS Camera - freeShop is still slow and no music is playing, even though I spent like a minute in the eShop. And no screenshots.

Damn. Well, I got nothing left. Sorry bud. :(

If I were in situation, I'd still try using a different SD card to see if the 3DS behaves any differently, a friend's wifi preferably not from the same neighborhood you live in, restore the 3DS to a known good ######_**########_sysnand_###.bin (you lose installed tickets but there's TIKdevil for this) if it was backed up in GodMode9, and if you acquired home brew through a NTRboot flashcart, go back to fully stock, update to latest 3DS firmware, and reinstall CFW from the beginning.

I'm surprised your N3DS (and presumably @k7ra's too if it's teh same issue), does not play nicely with freeShop. There could a myriad of reasons what could be wrong but at this point it could be anyone's guess.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

If I were in situation, I'd still try using a different SD card to see if the 3DS behaves any differently, a friend's wifi preferably not from the same neighborhood you live in, restore the 3DS to a known good ######_**########_sysnand_###.bin (you lose installed tickets but there's TIKdevil for this) if it was backed up in GodMode9, and if you acquired home brew through a NTRboot flashcart, go back to fully stock, update to latest 3DS firmware, and reinstall CFW from the beginning.

I'm surprised your N3DS (and presumably @k7ra's too if it's teh same issue), does not play nicely with freeShop. There could a myriad of reasons what could be wrong but at this point it could be anyone's guess.
Not same issue, its load fast, but no game info and screenshots loading when I choose games

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Ahahahahahahahahaha. I cracked it. The answer, at least for me, is as simple as it is horrifying. You know, I live in a country where the government tries to control what its citizens can access on the Internet. Not as severely as in China or North Korea, of course, but... there is an organization that-should-not-be-named that has been trying to block a certain messenger because they didn't like how the data is so secure they can't read it. On their crusade, they've crashed hundreds of innocent IPs. So... I went to system settings, Internet settings, connection 1, proxy settings - put in a public USA proxy IP and port... AND IT WORKED. FreeShop now loads in a minute, and I can see the screenshots and descriptions! So there you have it. Geez, what a headache. Sorry for all the trouble. I wouldn't have thought that's the case.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahahahahahahahahaha. I cracked it. The answer, at least for me, is as simple as it is horrifying. You know, I live in a country where the government tries to control what its citizens can access on the Internet. Not as severely as in China or North Korea, of course, but... there is an organization that-should-not-be-named that has been trying to block a certain messenger because they didn't like how the data is so secure they can't read it. On their crusade, they've crashed hundreds of innocent IPs. So... I went to system settings, Internet settings, connection 1, proxy settings - put in a public USA proxy IP and port... AND IT WORKED. FreeShop now loads in a minute, and I can see the screenshots and descriptions! So there you have it. Geez, what a headache. Sorry for all the trouble. I wouldn't have thought that's the case.

Holy shit, that's so terrifying ass way of life. I mean, it's great you got it working again, but those of us not in Internet-restrictive countries like yours could not even imagine to say "Hey, turn proxy cuz they no likely teh freeShop!" Thanks for the insight, I'll make sure to keep this mind in case others run into something like this.

Not same issue, its load fast, but no game info and screenshots loading when I choose games
You next? What do you got? lol.

Reactions: E1ite007 and Lernos

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Holy shit, that's so terrifying ass way of life. I mean, it's great you got it working again, but those of us not in Internet-restrictive countries like yours could even imagine to say "Hey, turn proxy cuz they no likely teh freeShop!"

You next? What do you got? lol.
Last freeshop, class 10 64gb ORIGINAL msdcard xD
Before 1.1 or 1.2 work fine for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...