Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to download Monster Hunter Stories DLC, it gets suspended when it reaches 10/5. I have tried about a thousand times but no luck. I really really like the DLC, please help

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to download Monster Hunter Stories DLC, it gets suspended when it reaches 10/5. I have tried about a thousand times but no luck. I really really like the DLC, please help

It's not just you. 10/15 is the provided DLC, and it's incomplete.

You can try Monster Hunter Stories JPN version with accompanying DLC (not compatibility with USA version) and v1.2 English patch. Look to that iso site.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Maybe it'd be okay to bring up the idea of downloading individual DLC pieces again? :P

In one of the previous freeShop threads there was a discussion about it, but the idea was kinda dismissed as unfeasible.
The freeShop won't let to download specific DLC parts only, because there's no way to tell which content ID belongs to which exact content, so it just gets everything.
While it was possible to get the names/descriptions/icons, which could've probably become a part of the cache for freeShop, there was no way to do that without a 3DS back then.
Now that the bootroms were dumped (publicly), and we do have all the necessary keys, it won't be hard to get all of the required information on a PC.
Unfortunately, even though I sorta know the gist of it and understand how to get that stuff manually myself, I wouldn't know how automate the process. :V

So, as there don't seem to be many devs that care about freeShop, would there be anyone interested in trying to implement this now?.. ¯\(ツ)/¯

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, sorry but I became confused, please explain a bit

The English version of the Monster Hunter Stories DLC found on freeShop has 5 missing parts. There's no way you'll get it complete.

Your other option is as follows:

There is a Japanese version of Monster Hunter Stories with an English patch, which should essentially play like the real USA region version. This one has, I believe, the complete DLC you're looking for. That JPN version of the DLC does NOT work with the real USA Monster Hunter Stories if you try to hack it.

The website that has this can't be named or linked here on GBAtemp.

Edit - If mods see this and believe I'm breaking ToS, I want you to check this out:

STARGATE 3DS: Easy CFW Install Update and Complete Package v1

where that thread directly links to that Max forum which hosts copyright materials. I reported it before, but his link is still up.
If I'm going down for this, he should too for his post.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The English version of the Monster Hunter Stories DLC found on freeShop has 5 missing parts. There's no way you'll get it complete.

Your other option is as follows:

There is a Japanese version of Monster Hunter Stories with an English patch, which should essentially play like the real USA region version. This one has, I believe, the complete DLC you're looking for. That JPN version of the DLC does NOT work with the real USA Monster Hunter Stories if you try to hack it.

The website that has this can't be named or linked here on GBAtemp.

Edit - If mods see this and believe I'm breaking ToS, I want you to check this out:

STARGATE 3DS: Easy CFW Install Update and Complete Package v1

where that thread directly links to that Max forum which hosts copyright materials. I reported it before, but his link is still up.
If I'm going down for this, he should too for his post.
It comes with DLC installed? And are there any problems with English conversion from JPN like different names from original ENG version?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It comes with DLC installed? And are there any problems with English conversion from JPN like different names from original ENG version?
I can't say. You'll just have find out for yourself. If you've seen fan hacks of games like the Fire Emblem and Ace Attorney series, they do something call 'undubbing' where they put English text with the original Japanese voice clips. This type of game modding technique applies as well in back porting English to the original JPN release, vice-versa.

Well enough about that. Good luck in your search!

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh It updated to 4.1.3 automatically and now it freezes at the homebrew boot everytime until i shut the 3ds off.
do i uninstall and install an older version or will this be fixed ?

Attachments

• IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    996.8 KB · Views: 351
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh It updated to 4.1.3 automatically and now it freezes at the homebrew boot everytime until i shut the 3ds off.
do i uninstall and install an older version or will this be fixed ?

1. Make a back up of your current 0:/3ds/freeshop folder & place it on your desktop. You can also rename that folder into something else in FBI or GodMode9, like freeshop2. Make sure beforehand that there's no folder named freeshop. Once you're set, relaunch freeshop.

2 (a). If freeshop boots past the blue wavy splash screen, enable the Play eShop Music option and QR code scan the latest encTitleKeys.bin. Proceed to step 3 (a).
- or -
2 (b). If freeshop still freezes, uninstall freeShop through FBI with the Delete Title And Ticket option. Reinstall it using the the v4.1.3 CIA found here: https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases . Jump back to step 1 in deleting freeshop folder (skip the folder backup part). If this is your 2nd time experiencing 2 (b), go to step 3 (b) for troubleshooting.

3 (a). Your next freeshop session should have eShop background music playing. If you do not, go under the Other tab and Update eShop music. If it still doesn't work, replace the music folder with the one backed up from freeshop2 folder. You should have boss_bgm1 and boss_bgm2. Recheck freeshop again. If bgm is working now, you can delete freeshop2 folder at this point. If bgm does NOT work, check that dspfirm.cdc is found in the 3ds folder. Refer to: https://github.com/zoogie/DSP1
-or-
3 (b). Refer to post #1177. Also, try using a different Internet connection in case your provider sucks because they throttle.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dillon's dead heat breakers, bloodstained curse of the moon, dragon lapis, block-a-pix color, alter world, and so on, I'm not going to list everything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I can't see the releases from other regions, but the titlekeys site does have an rss feed that lists the new stuff added, most of which is stuff that is actually new and the rest is old stuff being uploaded

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
dillon's dead heat breakers, bloodstained curse of the moon, dragon lapis, block-a-pix color, alter world, and so on, I'm not going to list everything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I can't see the releases from other regions, but the titlekeys site does have an rss feed that lists the new stuff added, most of which is stuff that is actually new and the rest is old stuff being uploaded
Once again, title keys are not the cache or new releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls