Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
LOL no i am still on reinand emunand
i know update to b9s and luma
guess i will have to now anyways because samus returns just hangs at loading screen
but glad i never updated from reinand to a9lh like everyone else because those people who did and made fun of everyone else for not updating to the supposed end all be all of 3ds hax are having problems going from a9lh to b9s ,from what i understand going from where i am to b9s is much better than having to do it from a9lh
i am just wondering if i can just update my emunand to latest FW and if reinand will support it
There's someone else having trouble because they were using an older ReiNAND that doesn't support the newest firmware, and they can't seem to update ReiNAND even though people are telling him how to. If you want to stay on ReiNAND you'll have to work out how to update it (no easy feat as there are so many different files you might need) or switch to Luma (the right files should be in the 7.0.5 release) or just update to B9S, which would be the easiest thing since then you'll have the same set up as everyone else and it is easier to help you troubleshoot. To do this, boot up your console without the SD card in, then put it back when the home menu shows. Change the theme so you uninstall menuhax. Then follow https://3ds.guide and follow the optional move emuNAND section.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to download Monster Hunter Stories' DLC it get suspended and fail almost at the end (10/15 at the download bar). Is this an issue or is just with me?
I have the same issue, I tried that key site too, upload is bad I think
So if something isn't working for you in freeshop, go and download the .CIA somewhere else and install it manually? FreeShop is indeed nice but it's not the ONLY way to install content. Also, the "dev" of this didn't create freeshop nor do they have any affiliation with the people that run the titlekey site so I don't see how anyone can help with failed game downloads unless it's your system setup causing an issue and not freeshop itself.

Reactions: Kathulu

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not worried about about the download, just wanted to let the guy know he wasnt the only one with the issue.
Fair enough, but Freeshop downloads it's games from the exact same servers that eshop does so it's unlikely it's a bad download. Most likely it's your connection/stup.

Games aren't "uploaded" to freeshop per se, the encrypted title keys from purchased games are so that the content is retrievable from the servers outside the paywall. You can download games the same way by just using their TitleID, Encryption Key and Seed with other programs that access Nintendos CDN. In case you wanted to try other avenues like CDN-FX, CIAngel, FunkeyCIA, etc etc.

Reactions: Kathulu

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, but Freeshop downloads it's games from the exact same servers that eshop does so it's unlikely it's a bad download. Most likely it's your connection/stup.

Games aren't "uploaded" to freeshop per se, the encrypted title keys from purchased games are so that the content is retrievable from the servers outside the paywall. You can download games the same way by just using their TitleID, Encryption Key and Seed with other programs that access Nintendos CDN. In case you wanted to try other avenues like CDN-FX, CIAngel, FunkeyCIA, etc etc.
It's not a bad upload at all. It's because of unreleased DLC. People had this same exact issue when FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC came out. People tried to use freeShop to download it but couldn't because not all of the DLC was released at that point.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a bad upload at all. It's because of unreleased DLC. People had this same exact issue when FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC came out. People tried to use freeShop to download it but couldn't because not all of the DLC was released at that point.
Which makes sense, I was just offering additional advice since I've seen others complain about non working games downloaded from freeshop. In case he has the issue again with something that is released; or whatever.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which makes sense, I was just offering additional advice since I've seen others complain about non working games downloaded from freeshop. In case he has the issue again with something that is released; or whatever.
Understandable. Don't worry about it. I was just stating what was actually happening with the DLC, while you were offering other alternatives. :)

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Puritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to download Metroid: Samus Returns, but every time i boot it up, it gives me a error:
Processor: ARM11 (core0)
Exception type: data abort

Puritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what was the error? Unless it forced your to turn off the system you got an error code.
The download would stop and give me an error code 007-2916. But then I tried again and it finished downloading. I'm still getting the error when trying to boot the game.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download would stop and give me an error code 007-2916. But then I tried again and it finished downloading. I'm still getting the error when trying to boot the game.
That's an internal server error for eShop. It's either because your connection to your AP is weak so you're dropping too many packets from Nintendo's server while trying to download; or the server itself is having issues. I assume it's the latter though.

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, that's an eShop connection error. I hope the cache are downloaded, so you could try again until you'll download all of data. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo