Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
NutNut said:
00..08.app is the final file
wink.gif

He says "download mios from nus" so ok but there we have got 2 .app file, 00..0b.app (1Ko) and 00...0c.app (178Ko) so I guess we have to rename the 00..c.app file as mios.app
happy.gif

This will create a 200Ko 000.8.app file, it looks good because if I take 00..b.app instead of 00.c.app, it create a 40Ko 000.8.app file
dry.gif

Yeah, but the file will still be named as 0000000c.app in the NAND (in other words, that's the file you gotta replace). There's no real 00000008.app file.

It won't still be named 00000000c.app, it will be 0000000008.app

yes there is an 000000008.app

you take the 0000c.app>rename it mios app>use fix elf tool> creates 000...0008.app>in title 00000001\ 00000100\ content there is an 00.....0008.app, rename it or something and copy your new one there.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait if it means you can have gamecube memory card support from front sd, can't you use that code to support swiss?
unsure.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoOneDies said:
Wait if it means you can have gamecube memory card support from front sd, can't you use that code to support swiss?
unsure.gif
this is what i was trying to say in my post. but working third shift an running on mybe 3 1/2 hr of sleep. hard to stay focused enough to write a coherent sentence
yaywii.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
NutNut said:
For real NAND:
We must create a .wad file with the 0000000c.app file and install it with WAD manager.
Not yet clear ...

It's quite simple: just replace the 0000000c.app file that comes with the NUS download and then repack the data as a new MIOS WAD (you can use WAD UnPacker Example.exe from libWiiSharp to do this). I'd upload the WAD, but you know, it's illegal.

stmcmurray said:
PabloACZ said:
QUOTE(NutNut @ Jun 30 2011, 08:02 PM) 00..08.app is the final file
wink.gif

He says "download mios from nus" so ok but there we have got 2 .app file, 00..0b.app (1Ko) and 00...0c.app (178Ko) so I guess we have to rename the 00..c.app file as mios.app
happy.gif

This will create a 200Ko 000.8.app file, it looks good because if I take 00..b.app instead of 00.c.app, it create a 40Ko 000.8.app file
dry.gif

Yeah, but the file will still be named as 0000000c.app in the NAND (in other words, that's the file you gotta replace). There's no real 00000008.app file.

It won't still be named 00000000c.app, it will be 0000000008.app

yes there is an 000000008.app

you take the 0000c.app>rename it mios app>use fix elf tool> creates 000...0008.app>in title 00000001\ 00000100\ content there is an 00.....0008.app, rename it or something and copy your new one there.

Then I must be blind, because I have MIOS v10 installed on the real NAND and there's no 0000000c.app in title/00000001/00000101/content. Just sayin'.

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the instruction is a bit wrong, this is how it is done correctly!

1. get mios v10 and decrypt it
2. use FixELF like this:
Code:
FixELF 0000000c.app nmm.elf 00000008.app
3. Copy the 00000008.app to this location:
Code:
title/00000001/00000100/content/00000008.app

Note: 00000008.app is the name of BC and in this case of BCv6

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need some clarification. Sorry for lame/noob/ignorant questions.

According to many sources when Wii switch to GC mode it shuts down wii specific hardware.
So no usb game loading, no wii mote, no wi-fi, etc.

Now we have NMM utility which allows to save onto SD card.
Is SD port excluded from GC shutdown list?

If yes, why there is no gamecube sd loader?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
GolfDude said:
so if we wanted to make a wad of it, we would make a wad of BC on the sneek/uneek nand>

Not really. You can make a WAD from the downloaded NUS contents on the PC; just replace the 00000008.app file from BC and pack the contents using a WAD packer. I already created it successfully.

QUOTE(mike333 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:46 PM) I need some clarification. Sorry for lame/noob/ignorant questions.

According to many sources when Wii switch to GC mode it shuts down wii specific hardware.
So no usb game loading, no wii mote, no wi-fi, etc.

Now we have NMM utility which allows to save onto SD card.
Is SD port excluded from GC shutdown list?

If yes, why there is no gamecube sd loader?

Go ask crediar

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You made a very fair point.

From what I understand, the .app file makes some changes within the MIOS, which takes care of turning off the Wii perhaptials and allows usage of the SD port as the Memory Card port.

That said, SD loading should be entirely possible now, seeing that Memory Card Slot loading was possible via SD-GECKO for ages now.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've read thread again and in post #95:
crwys said:
This has already been done but due to hardware limitations (or whatever that specific reason was) it was impossible or nearly impossible. Either way probably not going to see it happen.
I would like to read more about these specific reasons.

edit:
I'm reading all over again quoted sentence and it translates to me as 'something nearly impossible was already done'. Like breakthrough?
No Crwys, I'm not picky. Just trying to understand something without all pieces required.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm when i try to play a legit gamecube game discs on uneek, its telling me to insert the disc.. if i try the discex way, the game is found on the list, but when i go to load it, the video signal cuts out ( not a black screen per say, the tv says no signal)

any ideas

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike333 said:
Read thread again and in post #95:
crwys said:
This has already been done but due to hardware limitations (or whatever that specific reason was) it was impossible or nearly impossible. Either way probably not going to see it happen.
I would like to read more about these specific reasons.

edit:
I'm reading all over again quoted sentence and it translates to me as 'something nearly impossible was already done'. Like breakthrough?
No Crwys, I'm not picky. Just trying to understand something without all pieces required.
I never said u were picky sorry if it looked that way. Gamecube usb loading is impossible but maybe not gamecube sd loading. If u want more details look up dios mios

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
crwys said:
Gamecube usb loading is impossible but maybe not gamecube sd loading. If u want more details look up dios mios
There is small problem with DIOS MIOS. Project was released 15 Nov 2010 and disappeared in like 2 weeks.
No google project page, no faq, no source code.

I'm guessing that big N loose all dogs that time.

Ok, some info I've scrapped for all who might find it interesting.
DIOS MIOS worked in Wii mode to get USB access.
Wii mode means no ARAM. ARAM is required by GC.
No ARAM means lots of random crashes, stability issues and disaster.

To sum this up. At that time everybody were hyped about usb so there was no second plan: GC mode and front SD storage.

Is GC SD loading possible? According to all signs on sky there is high chance to success.
When? "Just two more weeks." ;)

I think crediar needs some time to polish NMM so everyone accepts fact that GC mode and front SD slot access for saves is stable.
And then ... we switch to Wii U :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K.; I Just want to make sure i'm understanding this. We can use this to play GC games from sneek or sneed+di, correct? it just saves the games on the SD card? Also does this mean we can do like some of us have been doing with the PS3 keeping a disc in the console and using it play other games for higher compatibility? Like I have a lauch Wii with a CycloWiz ModChip,will I be able to burn any GC game and then because it seeing it as a legit disc play any GC game which is already converted over to disc-ex format and play it?

I know, I read it over and over again I just want to make sure. Cause this is amazing!!!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
O.K.; I Just want to make sure i'm understanding this. We can use this to play GC games from sneek or sneed+di, correct? it just saves the games on the SD card? Also does this mean we can do like some of us have been doing with the PS3 keeping a disc in the console and using it play other games for higher compatibility? Like I have a lauch Wii with a CycloWiz ModChip,will I be able to burn any GC game and then because it seeing it as a legit disc play any GC game which is already converted over to disc-ex format and play it?

I know, I read it over and over again I just want to make sure. Cause this is amazing!!!

No, that's NOT it.

It just emulates/ makes use of SD slot for savegame date instead of an original CG memory card.
It's not for loading games from usb or sd. It just patches the Mios to use the SD for your save games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0