not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about this lately - what will Nintendo's next-gen console be?
I thought since the Wii is already really interactive with the pointer remote, motion sensing remote, fewer buttons, the virtual console, and other Wii channels and all that it would be hard for Nintendo to come up with something even more original than it. I have no freakin' clue how they are going to come up with something more original than the Wii.
huh.gif

So what are your thoughts? What do you think Nintendo's next-gen console will be? Please include a description of what features it will include.

P.S. I also started something like this in the nds hardware forum section.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
it will be called nintendo Yü... and will feature motion sensing controllers just like the wii. it will be less powerful, around as powerful as the old nes as they don't want to compete with m$ and sOny.. it will feature graphics called actual reality and the bumpmapping will be SO good you'll actually be able to feel the bumps

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I would assume that they would either create a brand new innovation to sell it (whatever it may be), or create a state of the art system with graphics on par with other brand new consoles at the time. I admit that, as much as I love my Wii and all of the new game play that it brings with it into the gaming world, having a Nintendo system where Samus and Link would be as crisp and detailed as possible on my TV screen would be nice. We have probably 4-5 years to speculate, but my guess would be that Nintendo would come out with the graphically intense system.

A person buys a system for the games, but when you can buy a system for the games and graphics at the same time it makes it that much sweeter.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If Nintendo wins this console war (and all signs point towards that), they're certainly not gonna NEED to bust their asses to make something new and unexpected; I'd bet a million bucks that either sony of microsoft will try and find the next emerging technology to make a killer "new generation" console.

But of course, with both companies' track records, innovation is a word they have both ignored since the eighties.

So IMO Wii2 will be a waggle controller + HD graphics. Because "it will sell anyway" ! And that's what business is all about.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Like gamecube but with ps3 specs. At that time there's also ps6 and sega nightmoar 3 (aka dreamcast 4)

gdavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will use a holographic 3d screen.. and make your breakfast, whilst planning your day for you.

Then, if you're feeling lonely, you can drop your pants, and it will...

cool.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't say anything because I have no idea. Nintendo said that wii will be around for at least 10 years instead of 5 years as tradition.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I won't say anything because I have no idea. Nintendo said that wii will be around for at least 10 years instead of 5 years as tradition.

10 years!?
blink.gif

I think only the Atari 2600 and the Game Boy achieved that.. the Playstation got close..
but the Wii..I don't think it'll last more than 5 years. As soon as Microsoft or Sony decide to make a new console with even better graphics AND a motion sense control.. the Wii wont last much.

Hadirajan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you listen to what they wanted to achieve with the Wii, which was to get more people gaming, they've definitely achieve this goal. And to stop there would just be ludicrous.
I'm guessing that they wanted to create a fun filled easy to use console with the Wii. It wasn't cutting edge technology so that as many as possible could afford it and get into the new style of playing.
To then take that to the next step is nothing more than logical.
I'm guessing that they will pretty soon start on a new console or a addon to the Wii that expands the technology to a new level but at the same time keep the Wii's controller method not to loose any of the new people.
So the next step for Nintendo will probably be to gradually upgrade the Wii with more powerful technology. Think of it as today's computers. If you want to upgrade it you can but if you don't you can still play some of the games.

Just because Nintendo said that they didn't want to compete with Microsoft and Sony with the Wii doesn't mean that they'll stop competing with them all together....

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

10 years!?
blink.gif

I think only the Atari 2600 and the Game Boy achieved that.. the Playstation got close..
but the Wii..I don't think it'll last more than 5 years. As soon as Microsoft or Sony decide to make a new console with even better graphics AND a motion sense control.. the Wii wont last much.

I think we will see the first hands-on of the next gen @ E3 2010, Nintendo has to do this since M$ and Sony also will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1