Hacking Nintendont

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use a Wii USB loader like USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader or Wiiflow. The recent versions of them can boot straight to the game. Nintendont didn't even have a menu originally. :)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the straightforward answer! Some people on this forum seem to like giving pedantic or condescending replies to perceived negativity.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the straightforward answer! Some people on this forum seem to like giving pedantic or condescending replies to perceived negativity.

Oh, no, I agree with you. The Nintendont interface is boring. At least it has one so you can bypass another loader if there are issues now, though. :)

werewolf87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, new here. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction as I've expunged all other options at this point. I'm currently running nintendont, the latest version on a fairly current wii model (sans gamecube ports) and so far it's been successful. I've been trying for a couple of days to get One Piece Treasure Battle to work properly. When I load up the game, it plays the opening movie, and i can access the options in the main menu, intro cutscenes even play, but when it gets to the actual gameplay, the loading bar fills to a certain point and then stops loading.

I tried to play around with how i load the game. I used a hard copy of the disc and loaded it through wiiflow and to my amazement it worked (even the hard copy wouldn't load in nintendont for some weird reason!). Only thing is i can't use gamecube controllers because it's a family model wii. I tried installing it through wiiflow and was greeted with the same problem. still hangs on a loading screen before gameplay. this is quite frustrating and I've seen a thread or two in the wild inquiring about this issue. I figured since this is an active board, maybe someone can tell me their method of getting this game to work.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by werewolf87,

BStormWars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone explain to me if the configuration of the Nintendont via USB Loader GX and via Nintendont itself (homebrew) works independent from each other? I mean, none of the settings that I put on it via GX will take effect if I run the program via homebrew and vice-versa? I almost sure of it... but I saw that the Nintendont via homebrew has some additional options that the GX doesn't have.

P.S. Both 'em are in their latest versions (rev1262 and 4.435).
P.S.2 Sorry for the amount of repetitive words. :rofl2:

Last edited by BStormWars,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain to me if the configuration of the Nintendont via USB Loader GX and via Nintendont itself (homebrew) works independent from each other? I mean, none of the settings that I put on it via GX will take effect if I run the program via homebrew and vice-versa? I almost sure of it... but I saw that the Nintendont via homebrew has some additional options that the GX doesn't has.

P.S. Both 'em are in their latest versions (rev1262 and 4.435).
P.S.2 Sorry for the amount of repetitive words. :rofl2:

USB Loader GX doesn't have the configuration settings for the latest Nintendont in r1262. There's a build of it in the repository in my signature that does. Since the Wii is a single-user system the configuration has to be passed to Nintendont via a structure or file saved on the disc and if they don't match Nintendont behaves as if it was launched from the HBC.

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX doesn't have the configuration settings for the latest Nintendont in r1262. There's a build of it in the repository in my signature that does. Since the Wii is a single-user system the configuration has to be passed to Nintendont via a structure or file saved on the disc and if they don't match Nintendont behaves as if it was launched from the HBC.
Please excuse my intrusion, but I am attempting to get Nintendont to work with USBloader GX also, and have hit a standstill- the tutorial on the first post of this thread seems to be telling me to adjust some options that don't exist. (For example, I can't find any option that allows me to choose Nintendont as my method of loading GC games.) As things are now, I can rip gc games to my hdd but the program refuses to launch them unless they are on the sd card. I can load them off of the hdd from nintendont itself, so there's clearly some kind of issue with USBLGX.
Are you saying that I need to download a different version of Usbloader gx to get this to work?

Last edited by Garflesaur,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my intrusion, but I am attempting to get Nintendont to work with USBloader GX also, and have hit a standstill- the tutorial on the first post of this thread seems to be telling me to adjust some options that don't exist. As things are now, I can rip gc games to my hdd but the program refuses to launch them unless they are on the sd card.
Are you saying that I need to download a different version of Usbloader gx to get this to work?

Only the remote rumble and BIOS skip options are missing. r1262 should still take you straight to the game in Nintendont, just without being able to set those options.

Usually the message asking you to copy the game to SD is because the drive isn't MBR partition type or the games aren't on the first primary FAT32 partition.

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually the message asking you to copy the game to SD is because the drive isn't MBR partition type or the games aren't on the first primary FAT32 partition.
Thank you for your response. I'm not sure how to check if my drive is MBR, but google suggests it is the default when using windows 7 so I suspect it is. The drive is not partitioned, so that's not it either. Also, I can launch the game off hdd from nintendont itself (using the homebrew channel), so I know it can be done.
I'm guessing there's some option I haven't set in USB loader GX that identifies nintendont as the gc launcher, but I can't find it for the life of me. I've pored over every settings menu in the program and nothing.

P.S. I also have both my wii games and gc games stored on the same hdd (in separate folders of course, /wbfs and /games respectively). Not sure if that could cause a problem.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah... It's under "Loader Settings" about halfway down the list. If it's not showing up make sure you have the path to Nintendont set to the right folder under "Custom Paths".

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out! I was using a very old version of USB loader GX that did not support nintendont. >.< I've got it working now!
Unfortunately, now all of the settings are reset and the edges of the program's GUI are clipping outside of my tv screen, as if it's zoomed in slightly. I vaguely remember having this problem when I installed USBLGX the first time over a year ago, but I don't remember how I fixed it. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. If not, I'm still grateful for your help!

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed that also. Adjusted the overscan X and Y values to negatives. Thanks again!

Last edited by Garflesaur,
Reactions: GreyWolf

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello all, new here. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction as I've expunged all other options at this point. I'm currently running nintendont, the latest version on a fairly current wii model (sans gamecube ports) and so far it's been successful. I've been trying for a couple of days to get One Piece Treasure Battle to work properly. When I load up the game, it plays the opening movie, and i can access the options in the main menu, intro cutscenes even play, but when it gets to the actual gameplay, the loading bar fills to a certain point and then stops loading.

I tried to play around with how i load the game. I used a hard copy of the disc and loaded it through wiiflow and to my amazement it worked (even the hard copy wouldn't load in nintendont for some weird reason!). Only thing is i can't use gamecube controllers because it's a family model wii. I tried installing it through wiiflow and was greeted with the same problem. still hangs on a loading screen before gameplay. this is quite frustrating and I've seen a thread or two in the wild inquiring about this issue. I figured since this is an active board, maybe someone can tell me their method of getting this game to work.

Thanks in advance.
is your iso md5 checked? there are alot of bad dumps and shrunken isos that break manny games out there, you should always use a full 1.35gb md5 iso with md5 matching redump.

what are your nintendont settings? post a picture of them here.

you can use a wiimote+cc to play the gc games on nintendont or even a wiiu gc adapter andan actual gc controller along with manny hid controller options.

werewolf87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your iso md5 checked? there are alot of bad dumps and shrunken isos that break manny games out there, you should always use a full 1.35gb md5 iso with md5 matching redump.

what are your nintendont settings? post a picture of them here.

you can use a wiimote+cc to play the gc games on nintendont or even a wiiu gc adapter andan actual gc controller along with manny hid controller options.

thanks for the reply. the game i'm using is not a dump or a shrunken iso. i ripped this game from my personal collection using clean rip as i own the physical copy. i've also performed the md5 check multiple times to see if it solved the issue; it hasn't and there's a message after the md5 check that says:

I do use a wii u gamecube controller adapter for nintendont.

I'm using an NTSC Family Wii model.

These are my current settings. Out of the 60+ games installed on my hard drive I never bothered to change these as they work perfectly.

After an MD5 check, I get an error that says the # has not been found on the database. I've done this a few times already.

When i try to boot up the game after an MD5 check, i still get the hanging loading screen. It only loads to this point, unfortunately.

If there's a way to get this thing to work, i'd be pretty ecstatic.

Thanks again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks for the reply. the game i'm using is not a dump or a shrunken iso. i ripped this game from my personal collection using clean rip as i own the physical copy. i've also performed the md5 check multiple times to see if it solved the issue; it hasn't and there's a message after the md5 check that says:

I do use a wii u gamecube controller adapter for nintendont.

I'm using an NTSC Family Wii model.

These are my current settings. Out of the 60+ games installed on my hard drive I never bothered to change these as they work perfectly.

After an MD5 check, I get an error that says the # has not been found on the database. I've done this a few times already.

When i try to boot up the game after an MD5 check, i still get the hanging loading screen. It only loads to this point, unfortunately.

If there's a way to get this thing to work, i'd be pretty ecstatic.

Thanks again.
if md5 cant be found in the database then its a bad dumpor game is missing from redump database.
Also its fun how your isos are game.iso.iso lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

werewolf87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if md5 cant be found in the database then its a bad dump for sure, manny times clean rip fails just like evrything else, cant recall how manny people used clean rip and still had bad dumps.

Thanks for the reply,

I still have to reconfigure the directory as i haven't done softmodding in a long time.

is it possible to remedy this issue?

How can i get a "good" dump?

I ripped a handful of games using clean rip and all worked perfectly. not sure what the issue with this one is here.

I'm at my wit's end.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply,

I still have to reconfigure the directory as i haven't done softmodding in a long time.

is it possible to remedy this issue?

How can i get a "good" dump?

I ripped a handful of games using clean rip and all worked perfectly. not sure what the issue with this one is here.

I'm at my wit's end.
no idea i dont dump games but the game might just as well be missing or not, this afternoon im gonna try the game myself to see whats hapening if it works for me i will let you know.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if md5 cant be found in the database then its a bad dumpor game is missing from redump database.

It's not a bad dump:
Code:
<game name="From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan)">
       <category>Games</category>
       <description>From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan)</description>
       <rom name="From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan).iso" size="1459978240" crc="81039a96" md5="4b97a8f0fe27b40b305ade2a8244d917" sha1="c3ca1dbc4a8cd6f81a74c5231ef3a4f556e01efc"/>
   </game>

The Dolphini wiki says there are sound problems with that game so it's possible there's a timing issue with it.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not a bad dump:
Code:
<game name="From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan)">
       <category>Games</category>
       <description>From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan)</description>
       <rom name="From TV Animation One Piece - Treasure Battle! (Japan).iso" size="1459978240" crc="81039a96" md5="4b97a8f0fe27b40b305ade2a8244d917" sha1="c3ca1dbc4a8cd6f81a74c5231ef3a4f556e01efc"/>
   </game>

The Dolphini wiki says there are sound problems with that game so it's possible there's a timing issue with it.
well the game isnt even on the compat list so maybe it needs an arstardma exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1