Hacking Nintendont

SolMeiLei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Made a controller.ini file for NES30 Pro controllers. Should work the same with FC30 Pro controllers.
The controller has to be in Mode 5 (USB joystick mode)

Attachments

• controller_8Bitdo_NES30_Pro.zip
    367 bytes · Views: 94

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember (back when I played Super Mario Sunshine) a few years ago that I needed a disc in my Wii for some NGC games to work properly. is this still required? or am I confusing nintendont with DML or something?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember (back when I played Super Mario Sunshine) a few years ago that I needed a disc in my Wii for some NGC games to work properly. is this still required? or am I confusing nintendont with DML or something?
your confusing this with dml

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have Nintendont on the SD card and don't have any USB attached. ^^
For the first part, I don't know, I'll definitely put on a higher file size :P
is it a real disc or a burned one? also make sure you have unlock read speed to off.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: naddel81

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and by now there is really no reason to still use DML, right? I mean back in 2013 there might have been compatibility reasons, but not with the newest nintendont versions, right?
dm or dml has no avdvantage over nintendont whatsoever right now, nintendont has all the advantages.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and what do I do with the controllers folder on the newer releases?
its not needed at all you can delete it, ini files are just needed for hid controllers that arent on controller folder or if you want a custom setup, every ini on the controller folder is written in nintendont memory already.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
your confusing this with dml

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it a real disc or a burned one? also make sure you have unlock read speed to off.
A real disc (PAL/Europe) and also unlock read speed is off already, as I already said I left it at the default settings.
Saving is fine in Time Trials, though.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General reminder:
Changing the emulated memory card size only applies when creating a new memory card in current code. Existing memory card file sizes override this setting.

OK, i have the PAL version of Double Dash on disc, and am loading from nintendont because I don't have a memory card.
At the end of a cup, it tells me the disc tray is open, please close, why? Is it an issue specifically with the PAL version? because, it's annoying -.-
The NTSC disc does not do this. Just tested.
However, if the PAL version calls StopMotor, this behavior might occur (differently than if running from an ISO). Nintnedont always sends an Eject Status after StopMotor when running from disc. This is for handling multi-disc games. For the ISO, it knows there is no other disc to change to, so this isn't done. I had to add an exception for the Datel AGP disc because it calls StopMotor even though it isn't multi-disc.
You can test your disc by using a build with DI (disc) debugging on (most builds aren't) and turning on logging.
Code:
DIP:DVDLowStopMotor()
will appear in the log if it called it. Alternatively, you could rebuild Nintendont with this section disabled from DI.c.
Code:
                else if (!Datel)
                {    //we just always say disc got removed as error
                    write32(DI_IMM, 0x1023a00);
                    write32(DI_COVER, 1);
                    RealDiscError = 0;
                    WaitForRealDisc = 1;
                }

Last edited by GreyRogue,

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Before you get too far away from that spot turn on OSReport and make it freeze. Maybe the log will show why it's doing it.
Done. A log of Fire Emblem after a crash. It actually doesn't matter the spot, in my tests any chapter load may freeze all the same. This one was done on chapter 2 for example.

Attachments

• ndebug.log.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: sideskroll

Slade_Exulis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest versions of USB Loader GX and Nintendont. I can't get USB Loader GX to run GC games using Nintendont. I've been through all the options screens but can't find anywhere to set Nintendont as the default GC mode.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest versions of USB Loader GX and Nintendont. I can't get USB Loader GX to run GC games using Nintendont. I've been through all the options screens but can't find anywhere to set Nintendont as the default GC mode.

Please give revision numbers not "latest". On USB Loader GX you need to set Loader Settings>GameCube Mode to which loader you want to use. It defaults to MIOS. Make sure Nintendont is in the folder listed in the Custom Paths settings. (default is /apps/nintendont/)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please give revision numbers not "latest". On USB Loader GX you need to set Loader Settings>GameCube Mode to which loader you want to use. It defaults to MIOS. Make sure Nintendont is in the folder listed in the Custom Paths settings. (default is /apps/nintendont/)
Isn't there at least two different versions of USB Loader GX, the official version and the Mod which adds Nintendont support?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there at least two different versions of USB Loader GX, the official version and the Mod which adds Nintendont support?

No, just the full channel and dol app. The channel isn't updated anymore because it was getting too big to fit in a NAND slot.

It has supported Nintendont since release as far as I know. The loader just needs to be updated to handle new config structure changes when they're made.

Slade_Exulis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My bad, I'm still new at this. USB Loader GX is Version 3.0 r1180, and Nintendont is Version 4.432. I've got Nintendont where it is supposed to be, but when I go to loader settings there is no option called "Gamecube mode." The only option I get as far as GC is whether to force interlacing or not.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I'm still new at this. USB Loader GX is Version 3.0 r1180, and Nintendont is Version 4.432. I've got Nintendont where it is supposed to be, but when I go to loader settings there is no option called "Gamecube mode." The only option I get as far as GC is whether to force interlacing or not.

The latest USB Loader GX is r1262 so that's probably what's wrong. :) (link)

If it's the full channel version (shows "3.0c" in the credits screen) you should uninstall it and use the v5.1 forwarder channel on sourceforge. There are separate versions Wii and vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F