Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lego
And why is that? Aren't they made according to Nintendo's regulations? Shouldn't they be internally the same as a regular Wii remote?
Unless they are licensed by Nintendo, they are not. They are usually hacked together by the company reverse engineering the official one. Sure they may work on the Wii, but their quality is far inferior to official Nintendo made controllers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And why is that? Aren't they made according to Nintendo's regulations? Shouldn't they be internally the same as a regular Wii remote?
if they were using the same exact protocols they would but they dont also wiimote+nunchuck is the least recomended controller, wiiu pro,wiimote+cc or wiiu gc adapter+gc controller are much superior options and like before official works for sure 3rd party stuff is very hacky and doesnt work on most homebrew stuff, heck i have a wiimote that makes the homebrew channel dsi exception if turned on, third party/fake controllers use hacked code and basicaly dont work on most homebrew stuff.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3rd party wired Xbox 360 controller that I sometimes use on my computer to play games and it doesn't work with some games unless I use a piece of software to make the game believe it is an official 360 controller so even licensed controllers may have issues.

It is always best to use official hardware with Nintendont as it has the best compatibility. Plus those controllers last so much longer than 3rd party/fake ones. I'm still using my official GameCube controller that I got used over 10 years ago and it works great.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only looking to play Four Swords Adventures as weird as it may sounds, I have an old USB controller that's basically a GC controller without the analog sticks, I might try to get that to work.
If the USB controller is HID compliant and doesn't work off the bat you can create your own controller.ini to get that to work.

Reactions: tcd139

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Wii doesn't have a lot of RAM for Nintendont to work with to begin with so you can't use anything that requires too much memory. Just because it works on Dolphin doesn't mean it will work in Nintendont.

Haha, I do know this. I was just wondering if it was possible to do on Nintendont. What if it was on the Wii U side? If it ever reaches the Wii U side anyway.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to reskin games just fine, as long as you match the original texture format, resolution, and size. You can change the way games look, but you can't increase the texture clarity by using bigger textures, as you can with Dolphin.

partyboy49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just setup Nintendont for the first time today, and it seems to be working for one of my ISO files but for the other 2 I get an error message of "check for multi game and region failed". When I check the game info using Nintendont it tells me they are 1:1 copies and full dumps. The only ISO that works properly is Def Jam: Fight for NY. Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario: TTYD gives me the same error. Also MD5 checks haven't been progressing fully for me. I have no clue what the issue could be.

WestJake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have Thrustmaster T-Wireless gamepad, it should work, but when I connect it to the Wii's Nintendont, it starts acting like the movement cross is held up....any suggestions to fix it? Thanx for help.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just setup Nintendont for the first time today, and it seems to be working for one of my ISO files but for the other 2 I get an error message of "check for multi game and region failed". When I check the game info using Nintendont it tells me they are 1:1 copies and full dumps. The only ISO that works properly is Def Jam: Fight for NY. Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario: TTYD gives me the same error. Also MD5 checks haven't been progressing fully for me. I have no clue what the issue could be.

How are your games named? Put them as "/games/Game Title [TitleID]/game.iso" (or disc2.iso for 2nd disc of multidisc games) and see if that helps.

partyboy49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are your games named? Put them as "/games/Game Title [TitleID]/game.iso" (or disc2.iso for 2nd disc of multidisc games) and see if that helps.
I've got them named like that, although the title id is absent. Quick update, the games are working after Nintendont tries and fails and boots me to the Homebrew Channel a million times. It seems random as hell and almost always doesn't load. Weird stuff.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've got them named like that, although the title id is absent. Quick update, the games are working after Nintendont tries and fails and boots me to the Homebrew Channel a million times. It seems random as hell and almost always doesn't load. Weird stuff.
never saw nintendont botting anyone to the homebrew channel after a fail, something is off for sure with your setup somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F