Hacking Nintendont

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm i actually searched and didn't find much either.
Even checked my recording. Only difference is the Colors of A and B.

I was sure that the C buttons was changed to Y X Z as well. May have confused that though.

Well the 3DS version is that way, maybe you got confused haha

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well the 3DS version is that way, maybe you got confused haha
Haven't really checked that, hmm, disturbed by this.
I am sure i have seen it somewhere on Gamecube, but it doesn't seem like the Collectors Edition version has it either.

Will keep on searching;P

EDIT: okay couldn't find anything. Damn:(

But how come Rumble can't be added to Wiiware?
I mean the game does send feedback right, it's just that it's not used in the emulator?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't really checked that, hmm, disturbed by this.
I am sure i have seen it somewhere on Gamecube, but it doesn't seem like the Collectors Edition version has it either.

Will keep on searching;P

EDIT: okay couldn't find anything. Damn:(

But how come Rumble can't be added to Wiiware?
I mean the game does send feedback right, it's just that it's not used in the emulator?

I guess since since most people would have played Virtual Console games with a Classic Control that doesn't have rumble they decided it's just not important since that would take more dev time.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I guess since since most people would have played Virtual Console games with a Classic Control that doesn't have rumble they decided it's just not important since that would take more dev time.
True, but i mean like Modding it?
For example Nintendont can use HID, so why not Wiiware HID etc?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sorry for the confusion, all of my games are shrunk to save space. If they need to be 1:1, I'll re-rip it. From my testing most games work shrunk, only a handful need to be 1:1. Why take up many GBs of space just for a few problematic titles?

Either way, I won't list them if they don't work, I'll only list just the ones that do work. I figured if I list them not working it would flag someone to possibly look into trying 1:1 without me going through the hassle of re-ripping first, thats all.

Sorry to act like a police
I appreciate your effort to maintain the compatibility list but if everyone don't stick to the instructions, they will quickly turn the compatibility list into a mess not worth for any reference. We have already had enough shouts for "Who did that..."

You may post your results here and ask others to confirm or make a note to state clearly whats your testing condition.

I don't know if you can gray out the first field but its meant for 1:1 known good dump only.
If you really want to add a non-working shrunk game, you should at least add the size of shrunk iso and color that field accordingly

Anyway, better stick to the Wiki instructions instead of inventing all kinds of variations.

no hard feelings

Reactions: Plstic

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
True, but i mean like Modding it?
For example Nintendont can use HID, so why not Wiiware HID etc?

that would be like asking why all consoles invented their own controller protocols instead of using a universal one (like HID?).
Modding will take interest, enthusiasm and time.

redholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fat32 and 32k clusters is the right format not 64k

Use Format32 to do this, can even do drives bigger than 2tb HERE is the download.

Thanks for that. Tried Format32 and still to no avail. It's strange as the drive has been recognised in USBLoader etc and is running my Wii backups fine. I'll grab a USB from work and try that so it can act as GC stick. The HD is a WD Passport 500GB

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
that would be like asking why all consoles invented their own controller protocols instead of using a universal one (like HID?).
Modding will take interest, enthusiasm and time.

Indeed, but i mean, is it possible?

As a "non-programmer", i can only think in Theory, for example you simply tell it to redirect the Rumble command to the Controller if it has support for it,
instead of just ignoring it (or whatever it does now).

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that. Tried Format32 and still to no avail. It's strange as the drive has been recognised in USBLoader etc and is running my Wii backups fine. I'll grab a USB from work and try that so it can act as GC stick. The HD is a WD Passport 500GB

Mines also a WD Passport but 1.5tb

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Did you try the other port? Maybe you're plugging it in the wrong one.

redholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I tried both ports, used EaseUS and Format32 to see if that made any difference. Could I use and SDHC now the Wii is running homebrew and simply run Wii games from the HDD and GC from the SD?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah I tried both ports, used EaseUS and Format32 to see if that made any difference. Could I use and SDHC now the Wii is running homebrew and simply run Wii games from the HDD and GC from the SD?

Yes, you can have your gc games in the sd if you can't make nintendont find your hdd.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure (NTSC) (both 1:1 copy and shrunked) is freezing on loading screen after opening videos using the latest build. intro video is playing fine.
European release was problematic too.

haschecks are matcing with redump.org:
CRC-32 :940c7c23
MD5 : cbf0b925d7ef55098574f861627f5324
SHA-1: 21d616bebf834bba3fbfb09ea7df27f4d3637c3a
82373a3f68cb362ddb6a940cf2bd97e5.png

new additions for list:
Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness (USA) [GEME7F] *WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: v2
Nintendont Build: v2.148
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1231 / Wiiflow 4.22 Beta Rev 1075 Mod3
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 324 MB

*Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction (NTSC) has background music now.

NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup (USA) [GN4E69] *NOT WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: v3
Nintendont Build: v2.148
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1231 / Wiiflow 4.22 Beta Rev 1075 Mod3
Memory Card Support:
Widescreen 480p Support: Supported
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 950 MB
Issue: Black screen on boot

Reactions: VinsCool

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why people keep using the Essus format software when it's not really needed, just use this tool it works like a charm for me http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

Mines also a WD Passport but 1.5tb
Mine too except it's 1tb, had a 500gb one before it, WD My Passport are best for Wii but they suck on PS3!

The emulated Zeldas. Also a few more games like SM64 work when swapped out.
Any other N64 games? I'd like to play Coker's Bad Fur Day on the Wii someday, I played it really long time ago, anybody knows if we can swap Roms?

If anyone wants to try I made a real quick build that removes most of the text so that when launched from a loader you won't see anything. Tested with ULGX, and it will give you a warning that it can't identify its version but auto-booting still works.
-snip-
I'll try that, thanks!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't use GCMM before, but i get alot of strange GCI-files, all of them as small as 1kb. If someone could help me try that would be awesome!
rename the file to RAW instead of jpg if you have a moment over, hope it's ok to post it like this, if not... sorry =)
Hi,

I checked out the memory card dump you posted. Unfortunately, it looks like a bug in Nintendont overwrote the emulated memory card area with some data from your SD card and/or USB HDD, so chances of recovering any files are pretty much zero.

Here's some of the strings I found in the file. This might be useful for the Nintendont devs to track down what's causing the problem.

Code:
   406c sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
  fd1ac H  H
  fd1c8 (  $
  fd238 H  H
  ff1f8 D( H
 19aa9d NO NAME    
 19ae12 B~8drP
 19ae8c Root-CA00000001-CP00000004
 19ba35 NO NAME    
 19bacb 	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
 19bb0a <app version="1">
 19bb1d 	<name>Nintendont</name>
 19bb37 	<coder>crediar</coder>
 19bb50 	<version>1.131</version>
 19bb6b 	<release_date>20140430000000</release_date>
 19bb99 	<short_description>Gamecube Loader</short_description>
 19bbd2 	<long_description>Commiters: JoostinOnline, Greyrogue, Howard, Cyan, Fix94 
 19bc22  Project website: https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/ 
 19bc5c Nintendont allows you to run GameCube games on a Wii or Wii U from an SD or HDD device.</long_description>
 19bcc8 	<ahb_access/>
 19bcd8 </app>
 1a7b0c TEMP       
 1a7b4c PRIVATE    
 1a7b5b hU<U<
 1a7bad OPIOS~1CSV 
 1a7bec IOS        
 1a7c2c INSTAL~1LOG 
 1a7c6c WII64      
 1a7cac KEYS    BIN 
 1a7ced LOADER LOG 
 1a7d2c NINCFG  BIN 
 1b3b40 /games/Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean [GKBEAF]/game.iso

Reactions: bm123456

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Made some more testing, here's the result:

-@SuperrSonic I tried your version and it makes a loud noise instead of reading audio, I love the concept though, maybe a similar option can be applied to Nintendont to enable/disable the extra text?

-I still have disc swap not working, not sure what am I doing wrong, I tried messing up with the settings, disabling and enabling disc led, no difference aside from blinking when I reach the end of the first disc, can someone help me?

-Turned out the issue I had with USB Loader GX creating 16MB save files was me accidently setting the options to that, I switched to 2MB now!

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tried your version and it makes a loud noise instead of reading audio, I love the concept though, maybe a similar option can be applied to Nintendont to enable/disable the extra text?
That sounds like a regular Nintendont problem and has happened to me before, all I do is delete nincfg.bin

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested both NTSC-U Mega Man X: Command Mission [GXRE08] and the PAL (En,Fr,De)[GXRP08] versions, 1:1rips, and the game freezes during normal play.

However, I noticed that the american GXRE08 version freezes RIGHT after 5 minutes of normal play, 10 tops. On the other hand, the european GXRP08 lasted almost the entire first chapter before it froze on me.

The freeze seems to be completely random, sometimes it's during the intro FMV, sometimes when I'm walking around and sometimes mid-fight, although the last one is rare.

nintendont ver. 2.146 was used.

I don't know if my USB is the problem or not, although I admitedly doubt so because I've been playing normally other games. I should mention, I think, that Command Mission does not recognize the Wave Bird controller, only the regular wired controller.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4