Swingerz Golf (USA) [GWGE4F] *WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: v4
Nintendont Build: v2.148
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1231 / Wiiflow 4.22 Beta Rev 1075 Mod3
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 1.25 GB

Thanks for confirming! Must be my ISO, I'll have to do some further testing.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to change the MCEmu setting, in loadergx it's "Multi = Disabled, Individual, Enabled" ; haven't checked nintendont settings, but it should be similar, probably called Multi or something.

Edit: I'm still wondering if it's okay to use it like that now, though. IIRC the reason why they started using individual memory cards was because it would avoid some issues. Is there no risk if we use a single memory card now?
So we have to change the settings in USB loader, but is there an option to do so in Nintendont itself?
I don't even know how to configure such raw file, I just have it there without knowing how to use it :/

I want to try using just one raw file now.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So we have to change the settings in USB loader, but is there an option to do so in Nintendont itself?
I don't even know how to configure such raw file, I just have it there without knowing how to use it :/

I want to try using just one raw file now.

As I said in my post, I hadn't checked Nintendont settings yet. I just did, if you enable MCEmu, you get a couple settings more to enable Multi (that is, a single memory card for all the games), enable that one and you're good to go.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As I said in my post, I hadn't checked Nintendont settings yet. I just did, if you enable MCEmu, you get a couple settings more to enable Multi (that is, a single memory card for all the games), enable that one and you're good to go.
Ok so my guess is that I have to inject all my saves into the ninmem.raw file, enable "multi" in Nintendont and that should be it?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok so my guess is that I have to inject all my saves into the ninmem.raw file, enable "multi" in Nintendont and that should be it?

Yes, that should work fine. I think Cyan already mentioned that Dolphin works with the new ninmem.raw so you should be able to transfer your saves.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar posted that a LONG time ago, he said why he couldn't do so at the time, can't remember why though.

One more thing is bugging me...
Does anyone know how to set up only JUST ONE memory card for all the games in Nintendont?
There is a ninmem.raw file in saves but how can I use that one instead of all the Memcards per game?

Edit:I think it was something related to doing two Nintendont loaders or such, one for normal GC games and another for Triforce Arcade, I'm not sure though

Edit 2: Here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-393#post-5011437
and here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-390#post-5010710
Sorry if I'm late but setting this option is rather easy on Nintendont and usb loader gx, I'm not sure what loader you use though but if you're still haven't figured it out let me know!

speaking of which, I noticed if you set a game to "individual" for whatever reason with usb loader gx you get automatically a new 16mb one for this one game rather than giving you an option, my advice if you use one for each game set it first with nintendont to create a smaller save file then use usb loader gx to load and save without any problems!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry if I'm late but setting this option is rather easy on Nintendont and usb loader gx, I'm not sure what loader you use though but if you're still haven't figured it out let me know!

speaking of which, I noticed if you set a game to "individual" for whatever reason with usb loader gx you get automatically a new 16mb one for this one game rather than giving you an option, my advice if you use one for each game set it first with nintendont to create a smaller save file then use usb loader gx to load and save without any problems!

In loader GX you have two separate options, one of them is to set the size in blocks of that memory card. I guess 251 (the default size) is 16mb, so if you set it as Individual, it will create new memory cards with that size, but still use the ones that already exist. So you should change that value first before running the game so the memory card will be smaller.

Personally, I change the Global settings rather than on a per game basis. I don't really see the point, unless you have Multi as Global and then use Individual for certain games that don't work otherwise.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it force to 16MB if you use one card for all games (ninmem.raw).
if it's creating a 16MB when using individual setting, then I made a mistake.

in USBLoaderGX:
OFF = no memory card
ON = One 16MB card for all games
Individual = one card per game, you choose the size (default size is 251blocks = 2MB)

blocks = Size
0059 = 512KB
0123 = 1MB
0251 = 2MB
0507 = 4MB
1019 = 8MB
2043 = 16MB

I forced the ninmem.raw at 16MB because if you create a 59 blocks card to share multiple games, it will be quickly full.

You can create a card per game because you can't share Japanese games saves with USA/EUR saves.
so you can't use the "Multi" option in nintendont (or the ON option in USBLoaderGX) with Japanese + Non japanese games.
If you create a "multi game" card with non japanese games, then don't forget to use individual card for japanese games.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for making that clear Cyan, I wasn't sure about how many blocks each memory card had because I never really paid attention to that. I'll test with some games I haven't played yet to create the memory card and see if it's 16 mb as sonictopfan said.

Reactions: Cyan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
In loader GX you have two separate options, one of them is to set the size in blocks of that memory card. I guess 251 (the default size) is 16mb, so if you set it as Individual, it will create new memory cards with that size, but still use the ones that already exist. So you should change that value first before running the game so the memory card will be smaller.

Personally, I change the Global settings rather than on a per game basis. I don't really see the point, unless you have Multi as Global and then use Individual for certain games that don't work otherwise.
I figured that there must be an option for that but it's not worth doing all that when you can just start a save file with nintendont first time you run the particular game you wish to have an individual memory card for then every other time use usb loader gx!

I too use the "multi" option but then I have 3 Japanese games which would format my memory card (strangely enough two of them worked fine on my real memory card) so I set these certain games to individual and set the others for multi!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
it force to 16MB if you use one card for all games (ninmem.raw).
if it's creating a 16MB when using individual setting, then I made a mistake.

in USBLoaderGX:
OFF = no memory card
ON = One 16MB card for all games
Individual = one card per game, you choose the size (default size is 251blocks = 2MB)

blocks = Size
0059 = 512KB
0123 = 1MB
0251 = 2MB
0507 = 4MB
1019 = 8MB
2043 = 16MB

I forced the ninmem.raw at 16MB because if you create a 59 blocks card to share multiple games, it will be quickly full.

You can create a card per game because you can't share Japanese games saves with USA/EUR saves.
so you can't use the "Multi" option in nintendont (or the ON option in USBLoaderGX) with Japanese + Non japanese games.
If you create a "multi game" card with non japanese games, then don't forget to use individual card for japanese games.
I kinda figured that out, and really it's not an issue to force them to 16mb like that since I save on the USB anyway, I'm just pointing out that for those who use usb loader gx and have one of more games they wish for them to be saved individually to start the save with nintendont first, I did that and everything worked just fine!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's saved individually, they don't need to start the game with nintendont first.
USBLoaderGX is using the card size defined by the user for individual save.

I'll wait for Faku's test to tell if there's an issue.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody noticed that the tgc converted to ISO N64 emulators have a problem of not being able to use codes?

Nothing works, same with DM. I even created some codes using Dolphin and they work fine on it. One friend on another site told me it has to do with the way codes are hooked by the Gecko handler. Codejunkies made a pretty big master code for the N64 Zelda games running on GC.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I kinda figured that out, and really it's not an issue to force them to 16mb like that since I save on the USB anyway, I'm just pointing out that for those who use usb loader gx and have one of more games they wish for them to be saved individually to start the save with nintendont first, I did that and everything worked just fine!

The thing is that you don't need to do that, just open LoaderGX, go to settings, Loader Settings, scroll down and change MCEmu to Individual. Done, you have a single memory card for each game, and after my tests I can confirm it's only 2mb on size.

If you'd rather have Multi, just set MCEmu to On, and play like that, using a 16mb memory card for all the games. If you ever find a game that doesn't get along with it, you change the settings for that game to Individual, and that's it.

If it's saved individually, they don't need to start the game with nintendont first.
USBLoaderGX is using the card size defined by the user for individual save.

I'll wait for Faku's test to tell if there's an issue.

I deleted a memory card i had for Resident Evil Zero (as I didn't start playing that one yet).

The first time I had the global settings as Individual and 251 blocks, loaded the game, formatted the memory card and exited. The file created was 2mb and so i deleted it once more.

Then I changed the game's setting to Individual, and left the block size as Global. Again, i ran the game, exited, and the file was 2mb.

Finally I changed the global setting to On, and left the game's settings as Individual. There were no issues and the file was 2mb on size.

My guess is that either sonictopfan got confused because there was a previously created ninmem.raw, or he accidentally changed the setting to "On" instead of Individual... Either that or he set a bigger block size and didn't realize what it was.

Edit: Made a final test, changing the block size to the max value and then i did get a 16mb file, so I guess everything works as it should.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody noticed that the tgc converted to ISO N64 emulators have a problem of not being able to use codes?

Nothing works, same with DM. I even created some codes using Dolphin and they work fine on it. One friend on another site told me it has to do with the way codes are hooked by the Gecko handler. Codejunkies made a pretty big master code for the N64 Zelda games running on GC.
I didn't know you can run N64 games with Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
If you'd rather have Multi, just set MCEmu to On, and play like that, using a 16mb memory card for all the games. If you ever find a game that doesn't get along with it, you change the settings for that game to Individual, and that's it.
That's kinda what I did with the Japanese games, thank you for confirming that they're actually 2MB and not 16, not sure why they were 16 for me, maybe I did something wrong!

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone please tell me what i did wrong here... I have been playing Baten Kaitos 1 for a while and it crashes randomly but not often.
The save files has always worked upon now, now it says my savefile is corrupt and needs formating.
Only thing I tried was to change MaxPad to 1 instead of 4 to see if the crashes would stop.
The size is 251 blocks and 2mb space on harddrive. Exact same filesize as other games.
Tried to change back the MaxPad to 4 but it still can't "read" the memory card. Don't want to play the same game for 20 hours again =)

redholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evening All,

I got Nintendont installed yesterday and backed up a few games. Everything is set up fine and the program sees my SD card through the software and boots the games, but the HDD it just cannot see. Ive reformatted using 32 and 64kb but still nothing. Shall I presume that it is just one of those awkward drives and use it simply for my Wii backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhImEo-u9Y