Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. faku1810

faku1810 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    If you're using the latest version, you should only need to go to the Settings, search for Gamecube Loader, and choose nintendont. I'm not sure if you need the loader.dol of nintendont to be in the cfgloader folder in the root of your sd, but I suppose it will look for the boot.dol in nintendont's folder anyway

2. Khar00f

Khar00f GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2006
    Canada
    Hey guys, love the progress on that thing, been following this project since day 1.

I couldn't make use of it as I didn't have a compatible controller for Wii U.

Finally thought about something and it worked in using my Wireless Xbox360 controller and it works flawlessly.

Just played Mario Sunshine, I setup up the LB and RB as the L/R buttons and enabled analogue L/R, like I said everything works flawlessly.

I do have one question, is there a way to set the deadzone? As my analogues are a little "loose" (read: very sensitive) the camera pans left and right very slowly while running.

Thank you for your time folks, keep up the good work.

Also would like to know if I want to make a donation for the hard work where do I send it to?

I'll want to send half of my donation amount now and 2nd half once a couple of specific games to become compatible.

So guys any help about the analogues is more than welcome.

3. faku1810

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    You need three values for each Stick axis in the controller ini ; Offset, Deadzone, Radius... Not sure what the best Values for your controller are so test yourself

4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Damn, I forgot to tell you, my .raw was NOT created by Nintendon't.
    So the procedure would be to first create a fresh .raw file with the Memory Card formatted and THEN you can add my save to that file.
    As for the cheats, they won't do nothing because it only unlocks the full Library, and you don't have that option until you have completed the game at least once.
    So load my save and then after you have injected my save, then activate the cheats.

For the cheats, you need a sneek folder (I think in the device where you load the games, but I have it in both USB and SD just in case) and the kenobiwii.bin file in it, just that. :)
    The .gct file needs to have the SAME game ID, which for Shadow The Hedhehog is GUPE8P.gct (in the same folder as game.iso) and for the raw I think it should be GUPE.raw

http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GUPE8P
    The PAL one is GUPP8P.

Sorry for the late reply :/

Download the .rar I provided, this one should work with Nintendon't without asking to format.

Attached Files:

5. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Antarctica
    I committed the Triforce changes but sadly due Nintendont itself most games crash, so currently only Mario Kart GP works, GP2 crashes at a certain screen every time, as well as FZero-AX, VS2006.

Walker D, zerofalcon, Vappy and 7 others like this.
  6. ShadowOne333
    This message by ShadowOne333 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jun 1, 2014, Reason: don't ask ROM or ISO..
    Jun 1, 2014
  7. Khar00f

Khar00f GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2006
    Canada
    Hey faku1810,thank you for the reply.

Can you provide a quick description of each one, just to see how I should play with them.

Also what's the difference between deadzone and offset?

Thank you

8. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    No problem :), the best thing is my father fix my medium hardware computer :D, if your 100% save works, I can make a gamecache for Shadow The Hedgehog!

9. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Awesome!

Good to know that your computer is now working good :)
    Let me know how it goes!

10. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Four Swords Adventures seems to be working again with MC emulation for me as of 1.72. Time to update the wiki. :)

Edit: Hm..just got another crash dump when it tried to boot a second time..guess I was being too hasty again. Gah. It seems to be completely random. Hm..
    Edit 2: It looks like it's crashing on every other boot. So it'll run once, crash once (causing the Wii to need a hard reboot), run once, crash once, etc.. Perhaps something isn't being initialised properly? With MCEmu turned off, it never crashes. If I have a loader like postLoader zero out the ARAM, mcemu, and cache range before booting Nintendont, it seems to fix the consecutive crashes. Perhaps Nintendont should zero out these ranges (0x90000000 - 0x93000000), before booting games:
    Code:
            // Extra housekeeping.
            memset((void *)0x90000000, 0, 0x1280000);
            DCFlushRange((void *)0x90000000, 0x1280000);

memset((void *)0x91280000, 0, 0x1D80000);
            DCFlushRange((void *)0x91280000, 0x1D80000);

Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. faku1810

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    Read here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-353#post-5001063

I don't know much about it so I can't suggest values at all, you might want to try the ones mentioned there. But the Offset would be the value you already have in the controller.ini (the pair that changes, if you number them from 0 to 7), while the Deadzone is a margin you give in which nintendont will still think the stick hasn't moved from it's center.

Khar00f likes this.
  12. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    It's illegal to ask for roms here (I learned it the hard way) but all I can say is google is your friend, if you're still having trouble I could PM you!

13. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    That's why I asked for a PM :P
    I found the three games already in iso, but I don't know if they work yet.
    Could you PM me to know where you got yours and if they are working?

sonictopfan likes this.
  14. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    If they're iso then they most likely work, sadly I didn't test Nintendont with Triforce but I have Quadforce and all four games work fine!

15. JuanLeOnardO

JuanLeOnardO Experienced.

Mar 29, 2014
    Mexico
    you guys can anybody explain me about v1.72 changes?

16. faku1810

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    Triforce support. That's all the explanation you need.

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    but as i understood only mario kart gp1 works as off now right?

18. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Right, the rest crash (tested with GP2 myself).

19. JuanLeOnardO

JuanLeOnardO Experienced.

Mar 29, 2014
    Mexico
    so i can play mario kart arcade gp 2 as well? :)

20. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    nope

21. faku1810

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    They're right, I just gave the short answer. Here's the long one, directly from crediar:

Edit: mega ninj'd

JuanLeOnardO likes this.