Hacking Nintendont

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the RTC fix. :)

Edit: Wind Waker's colours seem to be all messed up with 1.73, and the game has a lot of choppiness now. It's as if reds and blues have swapped places, and the framerate is halved. 1.72 doesn't have this problem.

Edit 2: Mario Kart GP2 is booting now, but it seems to hang on the camera screen.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: Wind Waker's colours seem to be all messed up with 1.73, and the game has a lot of choppiness now. It's as if reds and blues have swapped places, and the framerate is halved. 1.72 doesn't have this problem.

And that kids is why you never should do drugs.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this.

Edit: Delete your nincfg to fix this issue.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now explain how you got the 360 controller to work. This should be good.

I don't know if "This should be good" is a jab, because you think it's impossible, but for the interested.

Adeka

I used my Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox360 (had it from a long time ago).

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/5156486

in conjunction with a CronusMax

http://controllermax.com/products/cronusmax/

I had tried it with the pc adapter alone but it wouldn't work. Figured I'd try the CronusMax since it's laying around not being used, and low and behold, it worked.

Reactions: markehmus

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried MKGP again. It boots and everything, but controls are messed up(?). The only responsive button is A. I can't select any menu items other than the default, and I can't seem to accelerate in a race.
PS3 controller: Every button is harmless, A works and select properly exits.
Gamecube controller: A works, Y crashes Nintendont to a black screen, and the racer is always tilted to the left as if they are trying to turn.

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that kids is why you never should do drugs.

Grandma's soup has something a little extra today... ~Wind Waker Link
Anyway. r73 testing.
Odama works (without mic ofcourse) MCEmu=yes.
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot (Anime Disc) works, f480p=yes
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot (game) boots but still has random freezes (towards the end of stage-1 [tutorial]). MCEmu=yes
Starfox Assault (NTSC-U) and Four Swords still have difficulty with MCEmu on.
Mario Kart Arcade GP blackscreens when loading 2nd race after finishing the first one.
Edit: Just saw r74. You guys are lighting fast.

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried MKGP again. It boots and everything, but controls are messed up(?). The only responsive button is A. I can't select any menu items other than the default, and I can't seem to accelerate in a race.
Gamecube controller: A works, Y crashes Nintendont to a black screen, and the racer is always tilted to the left as if they are trying to turn.

I think [X] & [Y] (Gamecube controller) are dip switch settings. Although I can't seem to get around the dip switch menu effectively. Maybe switching the dip switch button to (Z) may help with mishaps.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. SD and USB don't behave the same.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if "This should be good" is a jab, because you think it's impossible, but for the interested.

Adeka

I used my Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox360 (had it from a long time ago).

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/5156486

in conjunction with a CronusMax

http://controllermax.com/products/cronusmax/

I had tried it with the pc adapter alone but it wouldn't work. Figured I'd try the CronusMax since it's laying around not being used, and low and behold, it worked.

But it uses the Xinput API and not HID, I don't see how it's plausible to be honest.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, love the progress on that thing, been following this project since day 1.

I couldn't make use of it as I didn't have a compatible controller for Wii U.

Finally thought about something and it worked in using my Wireless Xbox360 controller and it works flawlessly.

Just played Mario Sunshine, I setup up the LB and RB as the L/R buttons and enabled analogue L/R, like I said everything works flawlessly.
Video or it didn't happen.

_KenshinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With PS2 controller & USB adapter:

In HIDTestv6 VID: 0E8F PID: 3013 This is my PS2 adapter http://www.babar-tech.com/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=1062

Playstation2001062extra2.JPG

Does Nintendont supports it?

With Gamestop 360 USB (MadCatz) controller it (HIDTest) doesnt load:
xboxcontroller.jpeg

Does Gamestop 360 USB controller have HID interface?... would it be supported in Nintendont?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots