Hacking Nintendont

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really like Nintendont but I'd like to know how to change it so that it always boots my game instead of asking - USB, SD. When I first installed it, it would just load the game that I've chosen in usb loader gx, but now it asks which device to load from. I have chosen USB in WiiFlow, I never want to use an SD card to load my games and it bugs me how I have to choose my game twice, how do I fix this?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really like Nintendont but I'd like to know how to change it so that it always boots my game instead of asking - USB, SD. When I first installed it, it would just load the game that I've chosen in usb loader gx, but now it asks which device to load from. I have chosen USB in WiiFlow, I never want to use an SD card to load my games and it bugs me how I have to choose my game twice, how do I fix this?

Wait until loader gx is updated, or make sure the Autoboot option is enabled, it's in gx's Loader settings

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait until loader gx is updated, or make sure the Autoboot option is enabled, it's in gx's Loader settings

I've went through all of usb loader gx and nintendonts settings and none of them change it back... I guess I'll have to reinstall Nintendont?

One other question, is it possible to remove the whether, news channel etc (from usb loader gx)? I'm guessing not because it's built into the firmware but I'd like to have VC titles showing while not having those channels showing.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've went through all of usb loader gx and nintendonts settings and none of them change it back... I guess I'll have to reinstall Nintendont?

One other question, is it possible to remove the whether, news channel etc (from usb loader gx)? I'm guessing not because it's built into the firmware but I'd like to have VC titles showing while not having those channels showing.

Make sure you have updated Loadergx to 1230 from Cyan's signature. If you have it as bootable when turning on the wii (i use priiloader for that) i ususlly have to reinstall it when updating the loader. The settings are there in Loader Settings, scroll down.

I don't think you can filter channels, you can try creating a category and show/hide it.. I'll check it

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you have updated Loadergx to 1230 from Cyan's signature. If you have it as bootable when turning on the wii (i use priiloader for that) i ususlly have to reinstall it when updating the loader. The settings are there in Loader Settings, scroll down.

I don't think you can filter channels, you can try creating a category and show/hide it.. I'll check it

I used the forwarder, and I think I used the latest of everything because I only switched from CFG recently. I tried making a new category but the default category can't be deleted, so it looks like I can't remove those channels. I don't mind them being in the Wii I just want to hide them and just have my games showing lol.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I used the forwarder, and I think I used the latest of everything because I only switched from CFG recently. I tried making a new category but the default category can't be deleted, so it looks like I can't remove those channels. I don't mind them being in the Wii I just want to hide them and just have my games showing lol.

You can hide ALL the channels if you filter them, in one of the icons at the top, just uncheck channels. Not sure if the VC titles would still show though, that's why i thought of the category thing.

If you have the latest version then you're not looking carefully. The settings are there, under a header that says Nintendont

Edit: it seems autoboot isn't working in gx due to changes in nintendont, wait until Cyan updates the loader

Reactions: Luigimitsu

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured it out, you can make a new category and add what you want to it, then you can only show that category and not the "all" category (you just can't delete it). It's perfect :) now only my games will show.

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I plan to set up my PS2 controller with my usb converter, but it only works with nintendont? This means I can't play my VC games? :(

Gamecube controller is my favourite, but it's not really good for 2D games which require a decent d-pad, and the button mapping is also horrible for certain games.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I plan to set up my PS2 controller with my usb converter, but it only works with nintendont? This means I can't play my VC games? :(

Gamecube controller is my favourite, but it's not really good for 2D games which require a decent d-pad, and the button mapping is also horrible for certain games.

I think the best option to play VC games and all games is general is the CCP or the Wii U Controller.
The only bad thing is that neither of those have analog triggers, so you might want to go for the Classic Controller and not the Pro one.

If there is a Wii U controller in the near future (or a generic one) that has analog triggers, then that would be the best controller so far.
360 controller is also good but the D-Pad is kinda screwed up for retro gaming.

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the best option to play VC games and all games is general is the CCP or the Wii U Controller.
The only bad thing is that neither of those have analog triggers, so you might want to go for the Classic Controller and not the Pro one.

If there is a Wii U controller in the near future (or a generic one) that has analog triggers, then that would be the best controller so far.
360 controller is also good but the D-Pad is kinda screwed up for retro gaming.

I wanted to use the Hori gamecube pad (google it, looks cool) but it's expensive now. Does the 360 controller or any usb controller work with virtual console? I can use my Street Fighter Fight pad if it does. The classic controller sounds good, but the downside is I have to use batteries so it's just not my thing lol.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I got a question, is there a way to fix the Wii's underscan in Nintendont?

I use a component-cable for my wii and it is hooked up to my plasma-TV.
Although I use the 16:9 option, I still got black bars left and right in Games

Sadly I can't stretch the image, only zoom in, but that is not a good way since the width of the black bars varies...

This may be a wii problem, but I don't use it for wii games, only gamecube.
That's totally normal, it's not underscan or anything of the sort, that is just how Wii/GC pixels are. If you play a Wii game without the black bars then that just means the developers decided to stretch the image.

Every game, channel and homebrew will do this. In the case of homebrew usually 4:3 mode is 640 and 16:9 mode is 678, in the GC's case there is no 16:9 mode so you're stuck with 640, or whatever the developer used which = thin black bars.

If you don't want to deal with this, use dolphin, where analog stuff doesn't change/do anything and is always in square pixels. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wanted to use the Hori gamecube pad (google it, looks cool) but it's expensive now. Does the 360 controller or any usb controller work with virtual console? I can use my Street Fighter Fight pad if it does. The classic controller sounds good, but the downside is I have to use batteries so it's just not my thing lol.

The Hori controller looks cool, but lacks analog sticks, which nowadays is not a good option for all-purpose gaming.
As for VC titles, the only compatible controllers that I know are CC, CCP and Gamecube controller. (and the Wiimote for some but is limited)

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this has probably been asked already, but how can I get Star Fox Assault and P.N. 03 to work?

Star Fox Assault (USA) starts off fine, I get the CGI sequence and then it gets stuck at a screen trying to access the Memory Card...I haven't had this problem with any other games, just this one.

P.N. 03 (USA) simply goes into a black screen and never loads...the iso dump is good since it runs on Dolphin, but my PC is too slow to play it at full speed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was editing the compatibility list and found out this in the Resident Evil 4 notes:

"Needs to be in 60Hz mode, otherwise runs at 1.5 times as fast"

Has anyone tried doing so for other games that run 1.5/2 times faster than usual like the Lord of the Rings games?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, only happens with 3 of my games, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX and Ikaruga, the others games works fine.

I just tested Symphonia with 1.142 and it didn't have any issue with the memory card (and I hadn't tested it for a number of revisions); even so, if it's only with those, do as I said, copy them to the computer, update nintendont, format the memory card if asked to do so, and then just transfer the saves to the new memory card with Dolphin's Memory card manager.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, this has probably been asked already, but how can I get Star Fox Assault and P.N. 03 to work?

Star Fox Assault (USA) starts off fine, I get the CGI sequence and then it gets stuck at a screen trying to access the Memory Card...I haven't had this problem with any other games, just this one.

P.N. 03 (USA) simply goes into a black screen and never loads...the iso dump is good since it runs on Dolphin, but my PC is too slow to play it at full speed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ntsc star fox assualt is bugged and gets infinite save if you want to play star fox assault and save for now you need the pal iso instead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg