Hacking Nintendont

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there going to be a fix for settings not saving? Someone on a previous thread I had said a lot of people are having same problem/issue.
Abz already posted a fix for wiiflow a few pages back if that's the loader you use. if not, you have to wait for the updated build of usb loader gx.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
With wiiflow I have other problem. In the first time, I start Zelda WW, When I select other game (Like ToS), Starts zelda WW, And it's the same with all the games-

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there going to be a fix for settings not saving? Someone on a previous thread I had said a lot of people are having same problem/issue.

Those are issues with loaders, not Nintendont*.

*Well, it sort of is, but it's not really worth fixing it when it requires like 2 lines of code to be changed in loaders (updating the version number, and accounting for the 4 byte struct size increase).

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Baten Kaitos PAL seems to be working fine ... only the NTSC version is freezing here.
When I play any games for a while, the controller stops working. Is that a known issue or is it just me?

Edit: I'm using a PS3 controller.

Palincoco

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amazing work.

I got a question, is there a way to fix the Wii's underscan in Nintendont?

I use a component-cable for my wii and it is hooked up to my plasma-TV.
Although I use the 16:9 option, I still got black bars left and right in Games

Sadly I can't stretch the image, only zoom in, but that is not a good way since the width of the black bars varies...

This may be a wii problem, but I don't use it for wii games, only gamecube.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you load games from a hard drive with nintendont? When I try using usb loader gx, it says "error to load gamecube games with nintendont you must have a partition with 32 cluster size or smaller". But my hard drive is 64kb cluster size. To change the cluster size I would have to reformat the drive. I'd rather not do that. After that, I tried loading it with the standard nintendont loader. It mounted the hard drive, but then it said to plug the controller into the bottom usb port on the back of the system. But that's where the Y cable for the hard drive is. I unplugged it from the bottom port anyway and put in the controller. But it didn't do anything. it just got stuck on that same screen. Any ideas?

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Autoboot is not enabled or you have the wrong version of Nintendont.
Go here:
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/
Download it from the download link at the bottom.
Autoboot is enabled, and I don't want to change the version of nitendont. If I use another version, my saves doesn't work, and i have to format de Memory Card, so i'll stay with the 1.131.
Thanks anyway.
P/D: If I use a component cable.... Can I play the pal games with color?

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing work.

I got a question, is there a way to fix the Wii's underscan in Nintendont?

I use a component-cable for my wii and it is hooked up to my plasma-TV.
Although I use the 16:9 option, I still got black bars left and right in Games

Sadly I can't stretch the image, only zoom in, but that is not a good way since the width of the black bars varies...

This may be a wii problem, but I don't use it for wii games, only gamecube.

AFAIK this is actually a GameCube game problem. The games themselves are are coded to take account of CRT TV's underscan and deliberately leave a black border. I don't think this can be solved unless per game hacks are possible but I think it's a case of "Sorry, it is what it is"

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I
Back? It acts like the GC/original Wii reset button.
didn't know that, I remember trying it in the eralier versions and it didn't work so I assumed it was removed completely in favor to the other key combination (R+Z+B+Down) since unlike Dios Mios, Nintendont doesn't require a hard reset of the console, it's nice to have a soft reset key for Nintendont.

wish someone would implement that on SNES/N64 VC games because using a GC controller with these games you still need a Wiimote in order to reset or exit the game

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do you load games from a hard drive with nintendont? When I try using usb loader gx, it says "error to load gamecube games with nintendont you must have a partition with 32 cluster size or smaller". But my hard drive is 64kb cluster size. To change the cluster size I would have to reformat the drive. I'd rather not do that. After that, I tried loading it with the standard nintendont loader. It mounted the hard drive, but then it said to plug the controller into the bottom usb port on the back of the system. But that's where the Y cable for the hard drive is. I unplugged it from the bottom port anyway and put in the controller. But it didn't do anything. it just got stuck on that same screen. Any ideas?
after that you need to reset nintendont and if your hdd needs a y cable you wont be able to use hid controllers at all unless you get another device near the wii and connect the power part of the y cable there simce wiiu front usb doors only work if your running everything trough the SD

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Autoboot is enabled, and I don't want to change the version of nitendont. If I use another version, my saves doesn't work, and i have to format de Memory Card, so i'll stay with the 1.131.
Thanks anyway.

What do you mean the saves don't work? In any case You can just back them up, format the memory in your games and then use Dolphin's MC manager to transfer the saves. since its most likely a one time situation, i see no reason not to do it.

You'll need an extension cord or to plug the power cable in a different device, there's no workaround to this because the controller has to be in that port. And it has to be plugged in before you load nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks anyway.

?
I've been updating with every single release and I never had any issues with saves not working or corrupted data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Controversy ensues, sales and publicity!