Hacking Nintendont

Bentonoise7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am fine. But, that was outrageous lol. No reason for me to explain though cause two users above me did (above my post saying "wth"

Lets not derail the thread though, shall we?

Tough? allright...
What I said was not outrageous (!) why all the drama?. I just thought, did not know it was copyrighted. Saying "wth" isn't polite, and also is offensive.
If you do not want to help at least be polite
Let's have more patience next time ok?!

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tough? allright...
What I said was not outrageous (!) why all the drama?. I just thought, did not know it was copyrighted. Saying "wth" isn't polite, and also is offensive.
If you do not want to help at least be polite
Let's have more patience next time ok?!

No drama, just stop lol. This is going nowhere.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think someone reported that Sunshine doesn't work with analog when using a ps3 controller, even when it works in other games. So you should test with a different one, maybe you'll find that the analogs are working. If not, you should check that the offset is the right one, using HIDTest.

It does work for me.

gabriel1073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, are you sure action replay works? I'm not saying ocarina, I make antoher port but it corrupt the cheat file, I need some infinite life for the final boss in the 100 levels (or something like that).

EDIT: Is there PAL cheats?

EDIT2: Don't worry, I have made a succesful port and works!

Did you do anything in particular in Paper Mario to stop the game from crashing? Mine crashes every 5-6 battles or so. How did you do all the 100 floors without the game crashing?

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, are you sure action replay works? I'm not saying ocarina, I make antoher port but it corrupt the cheat file, I need some infinite life for the final boss in the 100 levels (or something like that).

EDIT: Is there PAL cheats?

EDIT2: Don't worry, I have made a succesful port and works!
just curious but how exactly did you port it

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey friends how's it going?

About PAL cheats , there's a whole lot here.
Click on the game you want, copy the quoted text (or part of it) and paste it on a .txt file. Then rename the .txt file with the games ID (e.g. GMOP.txt). Put it in your designated codes' folder and it should then work with Nintendont.

A heads up: i managed to get Sphinx & Simpsons H&R to work, by using force PAL50 and force PAL60 to them consecutively. BUT.... Simpsons H&R only booted AFTER setting maxpads:1 instead of the default 4. For this reason, it only works when started from within HBC after fiddling with that setting and not when autobooted within USBL GX.

Anyways, here is the list pic with my working games in r126
(Note:red icon games are not working, crossed out games are ran by Devolution. Also, all games are played on 4.3PAL Wii connected to CRT via official scart cable. Controller used is Wavebird. Almost all of them are full isos)

NTDNT.PNG

All in all, i almost got my old GC collection back, from when my DM-compatible HDD broke.
Thanks to all the people behind Nintendont for this!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey friends how's it going?

About PAL cheats , there's a whole lot here.
Click on the game you want, copy the quoted text (or part of it) and paste it on a .txt file. Then rename the .txt file with the games ID (e.g. GMOP.txt). Put it in your designated codes' folder and it should then work with Nintendont.

A heads up: i managed to get Sphinx & Simpsons H&R to work, by using force PAL50 and force PAL60 to them consecutively. BUT.... Simpsons H&R only booted AFTER setting maxpads:1 instead of the default 4. For this reason, it only works when started from within HBC after fiddling with that setting and not when autobooted within USBL GX.

Anyways, here is the list pic with my working games in r126
(Note:red icon games are not working, crossed out games are ran by Devolution. Also, all games are played on 4.3PAL Wii connected to CRT via official scart cable. Controller used is Wavebird. Almost all of them are full isos)

View attachment 8888

All in all, i almost got my old GC collection back, from when my DM-compatible HDD broke.
Thanks to all the people behind Nintendont for this!
why dont you update the compatibility list instead of posting this list here? it would be nice seeing more ppl updating the compat list.

Also you can really run batman begins? i get blackscreen all the time with a full iso i tryed several isos alreasy they all blackscreen

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As i said before, feel free to copy my reports there
And yes, Batman Begins PAL plays fine and has ran from r1.101 onwards.
yeah i only used ntsc maybe thats the issue gonna try getting a pal one and the problem of coyping from your list to the compat is you dont put the issues for instance i know sonic dx has unstable button input, lord of the rings and if im not mistaken dragon lair 3d run at 2x the speed so there are alot of issues that some games might have and putting it green without any specifiq info about each one is iffy it would be good if you atleast putted this one works perfectly, that one has this issue and so on because i see alot of games there that have known issues which could have been fixed or not on 126.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why dont you update the compatibility list instead of posting this list here? it would be nice seeing more ppl updating the compat list.
As i said before, feel free to copy my reports there
In my opinion it is better, especially if you are a big tester like you, to update the list yourself because you are the one testing it.
Other people don't know how you exactly have tested, like did you test widescreen too?

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the compability list it says that some sounds are missing from Eternal Darkness. What are those sounds that are not playing, and it doesnt crash anymore?
Im not at home for a while but i wanted to know this while waiting.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah i only used ntsc maybe thats the issue gonna try getting a pal one and the problem of coyping from your list to the compat is you dont put the issues for instance i know sonic dx has unstable button input, lord of the rings and if im not mistaken dragon lair 3d run at 2x the speed so there are alot of issues that some games might have and putting it green without any specifiq info about each one is iffy it would be good if you atleast putted this one works perfectly, that one has this issue and so on because i see alot of games there that have known issues which could have been fixed or not on 126.

Damn, forgot to cross out LOTR ROTK, i use Devo for that. In the previous list pic i had forgotten to cross out Nightfire, now i forgot this.:rolleyes:
I'll update the list pic right away. As for the games that play ''perfectly'' most of them are. I don't consider 2x FM video speed a big issue TBH, but anyway if you want i'll be more specific. Here we go:

no music during gameplay (not menus): Dakar, 18 Wheeler, 1080, Black & Bruised, Geist, Ikaruga, Judge Dredd, Looney Tunes, Zelda TP intro, Red Faction II, Sphinx, SW Clone Wars, Super Monkey Ball, Virtua Striker 3, XG III

2X gameplay speed: Hitman 2, Dragon's Lair, Freedom Fighters

2X FMV speed (i usually don't pay attention to FMVs so i might have overlooked some games): Baten Kaitos, Batman Begins, Beyond Good & Evil, Freedom Fighters, PoP Sands of Time, PoP Warrior Within, PoP Two Thrones, Serious Sam, Terminator 3, V Rally 3 (menu background video),

Other issues/Tips: Simpsons Hit & Run requires maxpad=1 and force PAL60 to run for me, Timesplitters 2 needs forcePAL50 to display whole screen in game (if 60hz, the bottom 1/5 is cut off), PoP WW has enemies that die only if thrown in fire or off a cliff/pit, bosses deplete health normally. Driven needs PAL50 to run for me, Megaman X collection Capcom intro logo and MC menu are garbled if PAL60 is used, but fix when entering main menu, NBA Street needs PAL50, Sonic DX registers multiple button presses per buttton push.

Always use 1:1 isos if you can, avoid freezes in spots. Also, for me PAL isos work best. NTSC ones i use are cause i cannot find full PAL ones otherwise. That's why i have to forcePAL50 on some of them to not blackscreen on my CRT.

Equipment: 4.3 PAL Wii connected to 4:3 CRT via official scart, no widescreen hack used, MC emu always on, Wavebird controller, USB 2.5'' 750GB HDD usb-powered.

Now you can transfer any of the above to the compatibility list

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, could some of you please confirm that the following audio-streaming games are actually working so we can finish updating the compatibility list with FIX94's v1.126 release:

Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Bonus Disc)
Mario Superstar Baseball
Tak and the Power of Juju
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Virtual Striker 3

(Please pm me)
Thank you
Pepois

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look nakata6790, the reason why we ask you is that no one is comfortable with updating the list if it is not with their own test results, I can also confirm that because i did a lot of testing for Devolution..

Ofcource it is your choice if you don't want to do it yourself for whatever reason, but it would really help the rest of the community. For reasons i already have provided above i don't think anybody else will do it.

EDIT: this appeal is also for anybody else that tests games with Nintendont.

Reactions: nakata6790

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In the compability list it says that some sounds are missing from Eternal Darkness. What are those sounds that are not playing, and it doesnt crash anymore?
Im not at home for a while but i wanted to know this while waiting.
all audio streaming sounds wont play probably BGM and such since those are ususaly audio streaming sounds

blooddevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will it be possible to play audio streaming games with audio someday or is it impossible to play them without the original disc?
I really wanted to play eternal darkness but i dont want to play without sound :/

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it be possible to play audio streaming games with audio someday or is it impossible to play them without the original disc?
I really wanted to play eternal darkness but i dont want to play without sound :/

It's not high priority right now, and not to mention it's pretty tricky to implement properly. If it does require a disc, it would be kind of a pain to do that on a Wii U since it can't read Gamecube discs.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
most games only loose like the background music and such idkn what eternal darkness uses for its audiostreaming sounds but most games i tryed only didnt have background music and some sounds in cutscenes and such

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4