Hacking Nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't be getting input lag at all
I don't know how to say this w/o sounding rude but input lag is apparent on almost every single HDTV, so unless you have a CRT then u shouldn't experience any input lag.

The question should rather be whether or not your experiencing an acceptable amount of input lag or not. I'm not trying to get into it too deep but there's a lot of digital postprocessing on HDTVs so input lag is a definitive truth however it's very relative per the persons perception.

Anyway if you're not one of those people that are supersensitive to input lag then no it should be acceptable and you should not have issues with input lag.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it, Star Fox Assault's memory card emulation broke on v1.50. Unfortunately that's the version that got saving down perfect (aside from the exception of games that still don't work. Maybe it needs a special patch in order to fix it.

Regardless it's been added to the wiki.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be getting input lag at all

What controller are you using?
I don't know how to say this w/o sounding rude but input lag is apparent on almost every single HDTV, so unless you have a CRT then u shouldn't experience any input lag.

The question should rather be whether or not your experiencing an acceptable amount of input lag or not. I'm not trying to get into it too deep but there's a lot of digital postprocessing on HDTVs so input lag is a definitive truth however it's very relative per the persons perception.

Anyway if you're not one of those people that are supersensitive to input lag then no it should be acceptable and you should not have issues with input lag.
1. In my case, I'm using MagicJoyBox 3in1 GC
2. I'm using CTR TV due input lag (see info on Smash Bros. Reddit wiki)
3. (As example), For SSBM competitive players, the input lag disturbs (Too much).
4. Input lag has reduced a little bit since v1.90

Input lag remains using CTR-TV and HDTV. Example HDTV is about 25ms PLUS Nintendont HID another 25ms = 50ms.

Some HID controllers have input lag for some .ms; i dunno if Nintendont GC controllers have input lag, or works as original GC controller.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some pages back I reported a crash with Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker during the beginning of the End Game Credits.
I've been doing extensive testing and found the last version to work is r70 (yay - I was able to save after beating the game).

r70 - works
r71 - no dol
r72 - black screen freeze prior to video mode select
r73 - black screen freeze prior to video mode select
r74 - freezes at the start of the End Credits
r75 - weird colours (red and blue swapped), final video cut-seen plays very slowly and freezes during the End Credits
r76 - colours and timing fixed, but freezes during the End Credits
r80 - freezes during the End Credits
r98 - freezes during the End Credits
r101 - freezes during the End Credits

Changes from r71 broke compatibility and then got worse. r76 made things better, but still freezes.
For the devs, I've included my save which gets you as close to the end as possible.

Game: Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker GZLP01 - Full 1:1 ISO (Verified MD5)
Game Region: PAL
Wii firmware: 4.3E
Wii: Original PAL Version with Gamecube ports
Video: Auto
Mem. Emu: On
Progressive: On
Widescreen: On
Controller: Gamecube

Attachments

• GZLP.zip
    188.6 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Lerhein

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Found it, Star Fox Assault's memory card emulation broke on v1.50. Unfortunately that's the version that got saving down perfect (aside from the exception of games that still don't work. Maybe it needs a special patch in order to fix it.

Regardless it's been added to the wiki.

If v1.50 broke the mem. card emulation, it's something to do with
the changes of EXI.c.

Deviljoe

Trophies
XP
Country
1. In my case, I'm using MagicJoyBox 3in1 GC
2. I'm using CTR TV due input lag (see info on Smash Bros. Reddit wiki)
3. (As example), For SSBM competitive players, the input lag disturbs (Too much).
4. Input lag has reduced a little bit since v1.90

Input lag remains using CTR-TV and HDTV. Example HDTV is about 25ms PLUS Nintendont HID another 25ms = 50ms.

Some HID controllers have input lag for some .ms; i dunno if Nintendont GC controllers have input lag, or works as original GC controller.

I play competitive fighters, arcade shmups, rhythm games. Stuff that takes precision. So, I'm the sort of guy with your concerns and I want no frame input delay. Play without Magic Box, please. Use a USB pad or anything like that. Magic Box is known for it's input lag. I want you to do some intensive stuff and tell me if it gives you input delay then.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
This sounds great with no/little loading times. I haven't been able to test lately as I don't have a console at my new place. But great work by the sounds of it guys

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i used a ps3 controller(back when it worked until 1.83) on an hdtv 1080 P never had impute lag atleast that i even noticed then i never noticed lag on the wii with gc controller on the same tv either

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongebob Square pants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is fully functional on 1.80, but has painfully slow loading speeds and the audio often becomes distorted. Still very playable though. I have not really seen a stable build since 1.80. I tried 1.101 quite recently and none of my games that were functional on 1.80 were even playable. Most had a black screen on boot and super Mario sunshine froze on the Nintendo logo. Is there something I have to do to gain functionality as Mario sunshine is reported as working in the compatibility list on that version.

Vibhor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am having trouble running Nintendon't
I am loading it through a USB pendrive and when I run it in the homebrew channel it gives me tells me to disable ahbprot. I even have the meta.xml in the same folder as the boot.dol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu