Hacking Nintendont

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sound is mute again in Sonic Mega Collection's Genesis games in v1.83, thought I'd say this before the source keeps changing.

My cheat codes have all the keys for the levels unlocked, don't know if you want to try that one out and see if the keys are unlocked for you.
I just wanted the save but thanks anyway.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound is mute again in Sonic Mega Collection's Genesis games in v1.83, thought I'd say this before the source keeps changing.

What do you mean again? AFAIK, the sound never worked in this game in the first place, even though it doesn't seem to be DSP related.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I still don't have the save with the Library and Keys enabled.

Goku Junior has it, I have not been able to get it to work yet because Shadow doesn't boot for me in 1.78.
Goku Junior, could you please share the save with the Library and keys enabled?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still don't have the save with the Library and Keys enabled.

Goku Junior has it, I have not been able to get it to work yet because Shadow doesn't boot for me in 1.78.
Goku Junior, could you please share the save with the Library and keys enabled?

Here it is :), sorry for the delay, I wasn't using the computer...

Attachments

• GUPE.rar
    197 KB · Views: 136

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here it is :), sorry for the delay, I wasn't using the computer...

Thank you, Goku Junior!

Also, one question to the devs...
Goku Junior has been helping a lot with the cache files for some games. and he stated one important point.
How are the cache files for multi-disc games handled by Nintendon't?

Do we only need ONE cache file for the two discs or do we need two different caches for each disc?
Can you please help us out on this request?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you, Goku Junior!

Also, one question to the devs...
Goku Junior has been helping a lot with the cache files for some games. and he stated one important point.
How are the cache files for multi-disc games handled by Nintendon't?

Do we only need ONE cache file for the two discs or do we need two different caches for each disc?
Can you please help us out on this request?

I'd guess that the same cache.txt would apply to both discs; however one of the latest commits would clear the cache when swapping discs, so it might not even work that way either. It's a good question though, and I'd be also interested in knowing what happens with files that share the same name but are in different folders (to know if they're skipped, only the first one is loaded or if they are all loaded, possibly overflowing the memory)

Can anyone help me? I can't run nintendont D: I posted a thread here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-stuck-on-checking-fs.367142/ just to be more organized..

I replied to that thread since you went and made it, but my first thought was that maybe you have the bad luck that the only working port in your console isn't the one where the HDD should be connected. If nintendont still detects your games it should be fine, but I'm also wondering if you use an usb loader or somehow use the GC controller to navigate nintendont (which i don't think it's possible but I can't be sure)

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
What do you mean again? AFAIK, the sound never worked in this game in the first place, even though it doesn't seem to be DSP related.
Because it isn't DSP related, if it were you'd be hearing garbled sound being output from your speakers.

Run the game with v1.80; it has sound. Another issue with this game was that calling the Z button menu in-game would freeze current emulation but this is fixed in v1.80, somewhere in version 81/82/83 broke it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it isn't DSP related, if it were you'd be hearing garbled sound being output from your speakers.

Run the game with v1.80; it has sound. Another issue with this game was that calling the Z button menu in-game would freeze current emulation but this is fixed in v1.80, somewhere in version 81/82/83 broke it.

Shouldn't the wiki reflect that change though? Last I read it, it said the game selection screen had sound, but the actual emulated/ported games were all muted. Hopefully someone looks into it. I ran Sonic the Hedgehog 2 but not in 1.80, the last one I used had menu sound but no in-game...huh.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Sonic Gems Coillection reflected any positive changes in 1.80 also? Or just Mega Collection?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
no you dont need internet that wuld be ridiculous lol.
It would be ridiculous but it's not like it wasn't done before http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Always_Online_Connection

Nope.
There are two wifi chips in the Wii U.
One is locked out while in Wii mode.

Also...
I don't think there is a pc gamepad emulator, so I doubt this will happen anytime soon.
If you mean any gamepad and not specifically the Wii U gamepad then I believe joy2key is some sort of a gamepad emulator on the PC, is it not? Not that it would help in this situation though!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It would be ridiculous but it's not like it wasn't done before http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Always_Online_Connection

If you mean any gamepad and not specifically the Wii U gamepad then I believe joy2key is some sort of a gamepad emulator on the PC, is it not? Not that it would help in this situation though!

it wasnt done before, xboxone removed all that becuase the player base was all bailling on them they went all back no online check required no disc only code and so on, that stunt there probably costed them alot of customers even if they went back at the end.

CardinalCyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm a new guy- just made my account to ask a couple questions.

I'm trying to pair my Dual Shock PS3 controller to my Wii U, but it doesn't seem to be working. When loading up my game, an error messaging stating that a controller.ini file is not found. I'm trying to run my .iso off my SD Card, but it hasn't worked so far. I've got the controller.ini file of the PS3 controller on the root, but it's still not solved. Can anyone help troubleshoot? I'd love to play my Gamecube games!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I'm a new guy- just made my account to ask a couple questions.

I'm trying to pair my Dual Shock PS3 controller to my Wii U, but it doesn't seem to be working. When loading up my game, an error messaging stating that a controller.ini file is not found. I'm trying to run my .iso off my SD Card, but it hasn't worked so far. I've got the controller.ini file of the PS3 controller on the root, but it's still not solved. Can anyone help troubleshoot? I'd love to play my Gamecube games!

You can't pair it through bluetooth if that's what you're trying. You have to use an usb cable, and you can plug it in the front ports since you're using an sd to store your games.

Also, it's kinda obvious, but you have to rename the downloaded .ini as "controller.ini" for it to work.

CardinalCyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't pair it through bluetooth if that's what you're trying. You have to use an usb cable, and you can plug it in the front ports since you're using an sd to store your games.

Also, it's kinda obvious, but you have to rename the downloaded .ini as "controller.ini" for it to work.

I've definitely been using the front ports for the Wii U, along with the USB cable. Unfortunately, every time I attempt to pair it with the Wii U, it turns on my PS3. I'm going to recheck my files on my SD card though.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've definitely been using the front ports for the Wii U, along with the USB cable. Unfortunately, every time I attempt to pair it with the Wii U, it turns on my PS3. I'm going to recheck my files on my SD card though.

When you say you "attempt to pair it" you mean you press the PS button after the game has loaded? Because I think that's what you have to do.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're gonna have to unplug the PS3 then lol.

CardinalCyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say you "attempt to pair it" you mean you press the PS button after the game has loaded? Because I think that's what you have to do.

Really? I was trying to pair it during the black screen. I'll be trying to get it to work in a second, I'll update you guys in a bit.

CardinalCyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, here's the update on this shiz; I've still got the problem. I re-downloaded the PS3 controller ini and renamed it to controller.ini, and placed it in the root of my SD Card. As I load up homebrew and the Nintendon't Channel, it seems to be normal. The channel recognized my .Iso, and as I load it, it seems to be normal up until it asks me to insert my controller through the rear USB ports. I've tried both the front and rear USB ports, but both give me an error message of: Init HID devices... Failed! Missing SD:// Controller.ini

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia