Hacking Nintendont

acer1096xxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click B once you have chosen which drive to mount. Turn memory card emulation on.

It will save to a memory card created on either the usb or sd depending on whichever drive was mounted.

Ok thanks :)
Last question (I promise), we're trying to use Nintendont with USB Loader GX, but when trying to load the games, it says Nintendont doesn't support usb games or something along those lines, which doesnt make sense since we have done it before.
We looked at the first post but I'm confused about this instruction:
Code:
Default nintendont folder:
- USBGX: /apps/nintendont/ (can be changed in the loader's settings). since r1219, USBGX accepts both boot.dol and loader.dol filename.
- Wiiflow:

Does that mean we should put USB GX in the nintendont folder or what?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last question (I promise), we're trying to use Nintendont with USB Loader GX, but when trying to load the games, it says Nintendont doesn't support usb games or something along those lines, which doesnt make sense since we have done it before.
Code:
- USBGX: /apps/nintendont/ (can be changed in the loader's settings). since r1219, USBGX accepts both boot.dol and loader.dol filename.
- Wiiflow:

I use cfg usb loader for Nintendont so I can't help you there. Are you using the most recent revision of usb loader gx?

Hopefully cyan can help you with that since hes the one that updates gx. He's a dev for Nintendont as well so he checks here often.

Reactions: acer1096xxx

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
.::Inglish::.

Hello everyone.
Long time I really wanted to play Gamecube games and was unable to because I have a Wii Home Edition and therefore could not prove DIOS MIOS .
I recently saw the existence of Nintendont and until today I decided to try it. I downloaded Super Mario Sunshine ( NTSC) and Zelda Wind Waker (PAL ) and I spent a USB as the tutorial says . The games work perfectly but miss my control. The control I use is the original PS3 red. I connect it to USB port up and control box turns on and the player 1 lights but I press all the buttons and the game simply does not recognize them so I can not play. It's strange because the file download " controller.ini " which was the PS3 Dualshock / Sixaxis and placed in the root of the USB and when starting the game does not mark any errors, but I can not play because it does not detect any button .
HidTest opened the application and it was strange because the vid and pid control is the same as the file " controller.ini " but any value below does not appear and therefore , pressing buttons does not change any value. I had read that the " controller.ini " PS3 not working with generic controls but the control that I have is the original PS3 red. The problem is not in control because I can play perfectly on the PS3 with it. Does anyone know any solution to my problem?

By the way, sorry if you do not quite understand the text but my English is too poor and had to resort to google translator to post my problem. In any case, I'll leave it in Spanish text below for those who can speak Spanish understand it a little better.

-------------------------------------------

.::Español::.

Hola a todos.
Hace tiempo que tenía muchas ganas de jugar los juegos de Gamecube y no había podido porque tengo un Wii Home Edition y por lo tanto, no podía probar el DIOS MIOS.
Hace poco vi la existencia de Nintendont y hasta hoy me animé a probarlo. Descargué el Super Mario Sunshine (NTSC) y el Zelda Wind Waker (PAL) y los pasé a una USB tal y como dice el tutorial. Los juegos funcionan perfectamente pero no detectan mi control. El control que uso es el original de PS3 en color rojo. Lo conecto al puerto USB de arriba y el control prende y se enciende el cuadro del jugador 1 pero presiono todos los botones y el juego simplemente no los reconoce por lo que no puedo jugar. Es extraño porque descargue el archivo "controller.ini" que era el de PS3 Dualshock/Sixaxis y lo coloqué en la raíz de la USB y al momento de arrancar el juego no me marca ningún error pero pues no puedo jugar porque no detecta ningún botón.
Abrí la aplicación HidTest y fue extraño porque el vid y el pid del control es el mismo al del archivo "controller.ini" pero no aparece ningún valor abajo y por lo tanto, al presionar botones no cambia ningún valor. Había leído que el "controller.ini" de PS3 no funcionaba con controles génericos pero es que el control que tengo es el original de PS3 en color rojo. El problema no es el control porque puedo jugar perfectamente en el PS3 con él. ¿Alguien sabe alguna solución a mi problema?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Hello everyone.
Long time I really wanted to play Gamecube games and was unable to because I have a Wii Home Edition and therefore could not prove DIOS MIOS .
I recently saw the existence of Nintendont and until today I decided to try it. I downloaded Super Mario Sunshine ( NTSC) and Zelda Wind Waker (PAL ) and I spent a USB as the tutorial says . The games work perfectly but miss my control. The control I use is the original PS3 red. I connect it to USB port up and control box turns on and the player 1 lights but I press all the buttons and the game simply does not recognize them so I can not play. It's strange because the file download " controller.ini " which was the PS3 Dualshock / Sixaxis and placed in the root of the USB and when starting the game does not mark any errors, but I can not play because it does not detect any button .
HidTest opened the application and it was strange because the vid and pid control is the same as the file " controller.ini " but any value below does not appear and therefore , pressing buttons does not change any value. I had read that the " controller.ini " PS3 not working with generic controls but the control that I have is the original PS3 red. The problem is not in control because I can play perfectly on the PS3 with it. Does anyone know any solution to my problem?

By the way, sorry if you do not quite understand the text but my English is too poor and had to resort to google translator to post my problem. In any case, I'll leave it in Spanish text below for those who can speak Spanish understand it a little better.

Hola a todos.
Hace tiempo que tenía muchas ganas de jugar los juegos de Gamecube y no había podido porque tengo un Wii Home Edition y por lo tanto, no podía probar el DIOS MIOS.
Hace poco vi la existencia de Nintendont y hasta hoy me animé a probarlo. Descargué el Super Mario Sunshine (NTSC) y el Zelda Wind Waker (PAL) y los pasé a una USB tal y como dice el tutorial. Los juegos funcionan perfectamente pero no detectan mi control. El control que uso es el original de PS3 en color rojo. Lo conecto al puerto USB de arriba y el control prende y se enciende el cuadro del jugador 1 pero presiono todos los botones y el juego simplemente no los reconoce por lo que no puedo jugar. Es extraño porque descargue el archivo "controller.ini" que era el de PS3 Dualshock/Sixaxis y lo coloqué en la raíz de la USB y al momento de arrancar el juego no me marca ningún error pero pues no puedo jugar porque no detecta ningún botón.
Abrí la aplicación HidTest y fue extraño porque el vid y el pid del control es el mismo al del archivo "controller.ini" pero no aparece ningún valor abajo y por lo tanto, al presionar botones no cambia ningún valor. Había leído que el "controller.ini" de PS3 no funcionaba con controles génericos pero es que el control que tengo es el original de PS3 en color rojo. El problema no es el control porque puedo jugar perfectamente en el PS3 con él. ¿Alguien sabe alguna solución a mi problema?

Have you tried downloading other controller.ini from the official repository page?
Also, try downloading HID Test v6 and see if the controller responds in that app, if it does, then your controller simply needs a different configuration that you need to create using the HEX values.

-----------------------------------------

Has intentado bajando otro archivo controller.ini de la primer pagina de este foro de Nintendont?
Aparte, intenta descargando la aplicacion de HID Test v6 (tambien esta en la primer pagina) para ver si tu control responde a esa aplicacion.
SI el control responde, quiere decir que necesitas crear un archivo controller.ini especifico para tu control utilizando los valores hexadecimales que te arroja el programa.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello everyone.

Hola a todos.
Your post could be deleted; you can't publicar en español por favor.. so, puro English plis xD... want speak Spanish? send me a MP conversation!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post could be deleted; you can't publicar en español por favor.. so, puro English plis xD... want speak Spanish? send me a MP conversation!

The post will just be hidden. He can still see all the replies.

Hello everyone.

Attempt to load a game from a sd card and see if that works.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Code:
- Wiiflow:

Make sure you're using the latest loadergx, it's on cyan's signature

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you tried downloading other controller.ini from the official repository page?
Also, try downloading HID Test v6 and see if the controller responds in that app, if it does, then your controller simply needs a different configuration that you need to create using the HEX values.

-----------------------------------------

Has intentado bajando otro archivo controller.ini de la primer pagina de este foro de Nintendont?
Aparte, intenta descargando la aplicacion de HID Test v6 (tambien esta en la primer pagina) para ver si tu control responde a esa aplicacion.
SI el control responde, quiere decir que necesitas crear un archivo controller.ini especifico para tu control utilizando los valores hexadecimales que te arroja el programa.

I had already tried with v6 Hid Test but does not detect any of my control. Will it help to use a "Controller.ini" different from PS3 although the vid and pid are others?

--------------

Ya había probado con el Hid Test v6 pero no detecta nada de mi control. ¿Servirá usar un

"controller.ini" diferente al de PS3 aunque el vid y el pid sean otros?

The post will just be hidden. He can still see all the replies.

Attempt to load a game from a sd card and see if that works.

That idea sounds good. Can I use the MiniSD I use on my R4 3DS? It's a Kingston 16GB Class 4. Is the SD memory I have in the Wii Homebrew Channel applications is only 1 GB. : (
And in any case, connect now control the port where the USB before going to the games, right?

--------------------

Suena bien esa idea. ¿Puedo usar la MiniSD que uso en mi R4 del 3DS? Es una Kingston de 16 GB Clase 4. Es que la memoria SD que tengo en el Wii para las aplicaciones de Homebrew Channel es de tan solo 1 GB. :(
Y en todo caso, ¿Ahora conectaría el control al puerto donde antes iba la USB con los juegos, verdad?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had already tried with v6 Hid Test but does not detect any of my control. Will it help to use a "Controller.ini" different from PS3 although the vid and pid are others?

--------------

Ya había probado con el Hid Test v6 pero no detecta nada de mi control. ¿Servirá usar un

That idea sounds good. Can I use the MiniSD I use on my R4 3DS? It's a Kingston 16GB Class 4. Is the SD memory I have in the Wii Homebrew Channel applications is only 1 GB. : (
And in any case, connect now control the port where the USB before going to the games, right?

--------------------

Suena bien esa idea. ¿Puedo usar la MiniSD que uso en mi R4 del 3DS? Es una Kingston de 16 GB Clase 4. Es que la memoria SD que tengo en el Wii para las aplicaciones de Homebrew Channel es de tan solo 1 GB. :(
Y en todo caso, ¿Ahora conectaría el control al puerto donde antes iba la USB con los juegos, verdad?

If HIDtest is not registering your controller then there is something wrong with your controller.

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If HIDtest is not registering your controller then there is something wrong with your controller.

Does that mean you have to resort to another control? Something I also noticed was that when connecting to the computer control is recognized him and said he was a "PS" control but to go to control panel and check the buttons, is not detected when pressing a button. Is that normal or is part of the problem?

Try having to resort to getting a USB adapter for my Classic Controller PRO.

--------------------

¿Eso significa que tendré que recurrir a otro control? Algo que también noté fue que al conectar el control a la computadora esta lo reconocía y decía que era un control "PS" pero al ir al panel de control y revisar los botones, esta no detectaba cuando presionaba un botón. ¿Eso es normal o es parte del problema?

Quizas tenga que recurrir a conseguir un adaptador USB para mi Classic Controller PRO.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean you have to resort to another control? Something I also noticed was that when connecting to the computer control is recognized him and said he was a "PS" control but to go to control panel and check the buttons, is not detected when pressing a button. Is that normal or is part of the problem?

Try having to resort to getting a USB adapter for my Classic Controller PRO.

--------------------

¿Eso significa que tendré que recurrir a otro control? Algo que también noté fue que al conectar el control a la computadora esta lo reconocía y decía que era un control "PS" pero al ir al panel de control y revisar los botones, esta no detectaba cuando presionaba un botón. ¿Eso es normal o es parte del problema?

Quizas tenga que recurrir a conseguir un adaptador USB para mi Classic Controller PRO.

If your going to buy any adapter for Nintendont then buy the Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box

GameCube controller support.:lol:

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No place where I love sells any sort of adapters with an usb end.

I ordered mine from ebay

Plus some cc to usb adapters don't work with Nintendont.

Edit: Also can cyan sticky this thread? Devo and dios mios both have stickies in the Wii section. Why does Nintendont have to be the only gamecube loader without a sticky. :sad:

Reactions: JuanLeOnardO

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Code:
- Wiiflow:

No, it means exactly what it says: the nintendont loader.dol or boot.dol should be in that directory and if it's not, you have to change the path where USBGX searches for it in the USBGX settings.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Is it possible that in the future the Wii U GamePad could be used as a controller too?

It'd be awesome if it could because not only would it be a controller but also have a screen, I'd love to play Wii & NGC games on it too.

cheatman3005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't seem to be the fault of the mc emu, the game crashes at save file loading even with mc disabled.

I agree. It seems the loader can't read the roms that r in the rom. I think this also happen before when Simone mention that another game that uses roms in them. I think it was the Midway collection type of game.

Games like those will probably be fix sooner or later. But I don't think fixing rom loading for those types of games aren't there yet. We may soon get that patch when other fixes comes around.

I like to see this loader to continue well. I did try the latest and even that I'm still surprised on how this project is going through. So far, NBA Street V3 is still broken by the beginning loading screen, Need For Speed is still black screen at load up. Biggest surprised that Terminator 3 Redemption is fully working, but the cutscenes can be sped up at times and may have some sound Desync. But hey, not complaining as long the game is working.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

--------------

--------------------

If HID Test V6 doesn't detect the controller, then it means that the controller is not supported.
You will have to get another controller to play with Nintendon't.

------------------------------

Si HID Test v6 no detecta el control, significa que el control no es compatible.
Deberas conseguir otro control para poder jugar en Nintendon't.

I agree. It seems the loader can't read the roms that r in the rom. I think this also happen before when Simone mention that another game that uses roms in them. I think it was the Midway collection type of game.

Games like those will probably be fix sooner or later. But I don't think fixing rom loading for those types of games aren't there yet. We may soon get that patch when other fixes comes around.

I like to see this loader to continue well. I did try the latest and even that I'm still surprised on how this project is going through. So far, NBA Street V3 is still broken by the beginning loading screen, Need For Speed is still black screen at load up. Biggest surprised that Terminator 3 Redemption is fully working, but the cutscenes can be sped up at times and may have some sound Desync. But hey, not complaining as long the game is working.

Also Megaman Anniversary Collection has some sound issues with any of the games.
Although, Megaman X Collection seems to be working fine for the time I tried it without issues.

It seems most of the compilation or collection games have issues due to the rom loading of the game and the emulators the game uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?