Hacking Nintendont

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, vWii should have the latest IOS58 already, but i heard people still install another IOS58 over it because they think they need to for a reason.

I hope that is not the case here for you BARKSTAR AND shoemaker

Nah, I know what to and what not to install. I'll check it out when I have some free time, but it's good to read that a workaround is possible.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some stuff for the opening post while cyan is here

Add BBA/Modem support under what Nintendont doesn't do yet

Add HORI Battle Pad for Wii U under working bluetooth controllers

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For CFG, you need to find where you set the IOS used by CFG (to set it to use a slot with d2x beta53 or IOS58), and see if there's an option to mount Port1 instead of Port0.
I don't know CFG or Wiiflow very well, but they should have an option for that.

I have it looking for the correct cIOS for sure but it is looking for it and requesting the drive be on PORT 0 again to run it. So I am looking to see if I can make it look for PORT 1 somehow instead but cannot seem to find an option for this. Away to do some more investigating but cannot believe how close I am to finally having this set up! Thanks again for bringing this to my attention as I had done this before but got nowhere but forgot to try again after FIX94 put out the update!

Thanks.

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have this working perfectly for all those that want to use two drives at the same time but cannot find an option to have CFG loader currently run from PORT 1 (bottom port) of the console. Also when trying to mount the drive I cannot seem to select IOS58 as an option to force the software to run the drive from PORT 1 directly. Been a long day at work and a late night so away to call it a day for now but great to be on the cusp on having a solution to this problem.

Everybody that wanted two drives running at once, please set up the same way as has been posted by myself and others. It is now possible to do so using Nintendont!

:grog:

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would BBA/modem support enable LAN multiplayer on games such as Mario Kart Double Dash?

That's the whole idea of adding it so you can have 8 human players racing via 2 consoles since that is how it was done on the GameCube.

Also allowing you to play Phantasy Star Online over the internet via custom servers one other thing.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont PSO server would be amazing:wub:

I bought PSO I and II years ago only so I could hack my GameCube but never played the game itself. I even got the BBA for $3 at GameStop.

I think BBA support is way more important that GBA support via the USB Adapter which is surprising coming from me who really wants the latter.

Reactions: Rob Blou
D

Deleted-353083

Hey all, sorry if this has already been asked but i haven't been on here for awhile. That new official GameCube controller adapter for Wii U... does anyone know if that works with Nintendont and if so does the Wavebird controller work?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, sorry if this has already been asked but i haven't been on here for awhile. That new official GameCube controller adapter for Wii U... does anyone know if that works with Nintendont and if so does the Wavebird controller work?

Check the first post. We keep it up-to-date

Fully supported except for GBA link

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the first post. We keep it up-to-date

Fully supported except for GBA link

Actually this is not 100% true. Ports 3 and 4 have faulty analog stick and dpad detection. Inputs either get stuck (analog stick) or simply get missed (dpad). The perfect game to try this out is in Smash Melee during the menus screens and the character select screen. It affects gameplay, but it is hard to notice there unless you are a veteran at smash. These problems do not affect Ports 1 and 2

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
]
You can, at least based on the idea I suggested few posts ago : connect WiiU drive to port0.
Farowe tested it and said it was working. It's only possible since v2.230 because of the way nintendont access the ports.
It's not the best solution, but it's a temporary one. You will need d2x v10-alt to support Port1 in USBLoaders, and change all your configs. if you think it's easier for you to disconnect the WiiU drive instead of changing your setup, don't re-install cIOS.

Remember, on wiiU the Port0 is at the TOP on the back of the console.

I can confirm that this setup does work. The only issue I'm having now is when I set usbloadergx to use d2x-alt it breaks all emunand channel loading, setting the game load ios to a d2x beta 52 ios doesn't fix it either. I don't suppose there's anyway to have this setup and have usbloadergx load wii/gc/wiiware(emunand) all from the same menu

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually this is not 100% true. Ports 3 and 4 have faulty analog stick and dpad detection. Inputs either get stuck (analog stick) or simply get missed (dpad). The perfect game to try this out is in Smash Melee during the menus screens and the character select screen. It affects gameplay, but it is hard to notice there unless you are a veteran at smash. These problems do not affect Ports 1 and 2

I just tested it and ports 3 and 4 work PERFECT. 100 flicks of the the analog stick down and every time was perfect. 100 presses of the dpad and it worked perfect as well.

DrewDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys great work with everything! Wanted to say thanks for all the work. I'm a competitive smash bros player and if you know anything about the community, you know that we are very picky about frames and perfection. The adapter seems to mimic the GameCube almost perfectly except when at random times when it seems to not accept inputs or the joystick will get stuck in a random direction. I can't seem to recreate how or why it happens it just does for a couple seconds then stops. I have a 160gig hard drive plugged into the back two ports with the data usb on top. My adapter is plugged into the front two USB ports. I'm playing a mod of melee called 20xx which is used for training but that shouldn't matter as it happens in other games as well. Iv'e tried plugging and unplugging my adapter and controller but nothing changes. Any ideas?

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested it and ports 3 and 4 work PERFECT. 100 flicks of the the analog stick down and every time was perfect. 100 presses of the dpad and it worked perfect as well.

did you try it in the first menu or did you try it in the vs menu. The problem switches between them. Also the place where the problem always shows up is in the character select screen. Try doing circles with controllers 3 and 4. Eventually (after 10 to 15 seconds) you will start losing control of the hand

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try it in the first menu or did you try it in the vs menu. The problem switches between them. Also the place where the problem always shows up is in the character select screen. Try doing circles with controllers 3 and 4. Eventually (after 10 to 15 seconds) you will start losing control of the hand

Just retested at the character select screen and still had no problem. did circles around and characters for about 2 minutes each and the hand followed the direction I pushed the analog stick every time. Never got stuck or kept dragging at all.

D

Deleted-353083

Ok so obviously the answer to what i asked is yes. I can't see why it wouldn't but just to confirm... Wavebird works with Nintendont and the adapter right?

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just retested at the character select screen and still had no problem. did circles around and characters for about 2 minutes each and the hand followed the direction I pushed the analog stick every time. Never got stuck or kept dragging at all.

either you have really bad hand eye coordination or there is something wrong in my end. I have two gamecube adapters and both show the problem in Melee but not in Smash 4. Ive tried all usb ports. The only thing i can think of is that something is wrong with my Melee ISO

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either you have really bad hand eye coordination or there is something wrong in my end. I have two gamecube adapters and both show the problem in Melee but not in Smash 4. Ive tried all usb ports. The only thing i can think of is that something is wrong with my Melee ISO

Are you using a wavebird controller? I'm using wired controllers

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a wavebird controller? I'm using wired controllers

I tried a new ISO and that was it! fuck! sorry for the language. but i have been trying to fix this problem with Howard for days, and the problem was my ISO. I should have thought of that. I tried a fresh one i just made and it works perfectly. Damn

Edit: i was using wired controllers the whole time. not wavebirds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...