Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait, Nintendont now works on both SD and USB at the same time? What happens if you have the same game on both SD and USB, which one will it choose? And more importantly, where will it save?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Your drive still must be plugged in the normal port (top on Wii U, bottom on Wii)

You can use any usb port for HID controllers (still only 1 HID controller at a time unless you got a compatible adapter with multiple ports)

Not sure if the combined kernel changes anything
no you dont i can now use my hdd on the front wiiu doors or the other wii door and the hid on the others so yeah your not door locked anymore atleast im not right now i have my hdd and gc adapter in the wiiu front doors not even using the back doors.

Reactions: tswntk

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any chance pointer codes for wiird will be supported?
EDIT: and while im at it, with all these revs coming out, am i correct in assuming that most of these revs are geared towards wii u users? to be honest, im still using rev 2.0.6 (or 2.0.9 can't confirm since i'm away from home) and have never experience any bugs that most users report here. i thought ''why update and risk experiencing bugs when i have a perfect version right here?'' (not including those bugs included in the compatibilty list ie. missing sound in baten kaitos etc which i think are still there). so is there any reason to get the latest build? any worthy improvement for wii users? actually my only wish is for pointer codes support cause my little boy has been bugging me for infinite money for a certain game for quite sometime now. after all not everyone has the patience (my son) and time (myself LOL) to grind.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no you dont i can now use my hdd on the front wiiu doors or the other wii door and the hid on the others so yeah your not door locked anymore atleast im not right now i have my hdd and gc adapter in the wiiu front doors not even using the back doors.

Just a little heads up: We are door unlocked when lauching games using Nintendont loader via homebrew channel of forwarder not through USB loaders (CFG, Wiiflow or USB Gx).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a little heads up: We are door unlocked when lauching games using Nintendont loader via homebrew channel of forwarder not through USB loaders (CFG, Wiiflow or USB Gx).

Well, I wrote the IOS58 mode initally for wiiflow so via wiiflow you can also use every port when using nintendont. Only wii games really need a specific port. Also to clarify, just because the kernels are merged doesnt mean that you can use sd and usb at the same time, its still either init SD or init USB.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we might see a HBC update anytime soon? I know there is a channel forwarder workaround for the widescreen thing but just curious.
No news on it. I wish they would so I could get rid of all those forwarders. I don't like ripping off their banner.
Well, I wrote the IOS58 mode initally for wiiflow so via wiiflow you can also use every port when using nintendont. Only wii games really need a specific port. Also to clarify, just because the kernels are merged doesnt mean that you can use sd and usb at the same time, its still either init SD or init USB.
On that note, did you merge them for any specific reason other than build times?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just to report (not a request or anything) but I couldn't use GCN adapter on front ports as it throw me a 'controller.ini doesn't match' error, plugin in the back it works perfectly, I'm using GCN adapter only with the black cord connected, and using Wavebird controller.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok I have a bug to report, or rather two:

1) There is a problem with the controllers, this was tested on the altest version, my friend was playing Twilight Princess and several things went wrong, first the controller buttons got swapped, IE X became Y, Y became Z and so on.

2) Once that started my friend who had finished the first dungeon of Twilight Princess (Forest Temple) saved his game and quit, once he re entered it turned out the progress hadnt been saved, or the memcard had failed to update (virtual memcard formatted just like suggested, multi card to be specific) so once he loaded his file again he was back at Hyrule Castle.

Has this been mentioned/seen/reported before? If so, any ideas what is the root of the problem and how to fix it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for users who still have issue with WiiU drive connected at the same time, could you try to connect WiiU drive on port0 and Gamecube drive on a higher port number ?
IOS58 is mounting the drives in descendant order priority, Nintendont shouldn't see WiiU drive anymore now that the kernel use IOS58 too.

Maybe it will still crash, but I would like someone to test :)
Thank you.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nintendont is better every day, you guys have made an awesome work. It is incredible to see almost all the compatibility list on green except for less than 45 games Congratulations! also thanks for updating the first post cyan :) Cant wait for the implementation of nunchuck support to Nintendont, i am alredy part of the beta but it is not based on the latest rev

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
for users who still have issue with WiiU drive connected at the same time, could you try to connect WiiU drive on port0 and Gamecube drive on a higher port number ?
IOS58 is mounting the drives in descendant order priority, Nintendont shouldn't see WiiU drive anymore now that the kernel use IOS58 too.

Maybe it will still crash, but I would like someone to test :)
Thank you.

I can confirm that nintendont doesn´t crash anymore when a WiiU drive is connected on port 0 (or lower than the main HDD port)

Reactions: Cyan

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any chance we might see a HBC update anytime soon? I know there is a channel forwarder workaround for the widescreen thing but just curious.
No news on it. I wish they would so I could get rid of all those forwarders. I don't like ripping off their banner.

Nothing will happen if it is asked here, you should really try to get into contact with the people that made the HBC, because it is closed source.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My friend just got trough the same room as before in TP Forest temple (coweb room where you need to burn one coweb to rescue one of the monkeys) the buttons become swapped there.

WiiUAre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so, i found an old gamecube iso with mario64 injected in zelda oot/master(d43e01) and thought I would give it a try on nintendont 233 .. and it actualy started and played very good .. the first save takes a few minutes (I did abort it with hard reset but it resumed after restarting the game) after that it saves in a few seconds. I want to try a few more but i'm only finding tools for pc to inject n64 roms in this game.. is there a program for mac to do this ?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
so, i found an old gamecube iso with mario64 injected in zelda oot/master(d43e01) and thought I would give it a try on nintendont 233 .. and it actualy started and played very good .. the first save takes a few minutes (I did abort it with hard reset but it resumed after restarting the game) after that it saves in a few seconds. I want to try a few more but i'm only finding tools for pc to inject n64 roms in this game.. is there a program for mac to do this ?

You could attempt to use crossover or wine to run those programs, I also doubt this is the place to ask about that stuff.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just got trough the same room as before in TP Forest temple (coweb room where you need to burn one coweb to rescue one of the monkeys) the buttons become swapped there.

The buttons didn't become swapped by themself. You pressed the - button which swaps the buttons

Fisher Vargas de Moraes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I was using ver.200 fine. Updated to the latest (ver.233) and USBLoaderGX is saying that nintendont doesn't support USB. Anyone with the same problem? Any workaround?? Thanks in advance!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Noctosphere @ Noctosphere: Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?