Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
either you have really bad hand eye coordination or there is something wrong in my end. I have two gamecube adapters and both show the problem in Melee but not in Smash 4. Ive tried all usb ports. The only thing i can think of is that something is wrong with my Melee ISO
Off topic: I hate you, lucky dude :nayps3:

On topic: Thank you FIX94 :grog:

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic: I hate you, lucky dude :nayps3:

On topic: Thank you FIX94 :grog:

honestly i figured that something like the shortage was gonna happen so i preordered two different gamecube adapters from two different retailers. that way if one failed to deliver i would still have one. I was lucky and got both. (which made me ready for 8 player smash)

Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just played Code Veronica for like an hour or so and didn't experience any freeze at all.
I played for like the start of Disc 2 all the way up to the part after the battle with the Giant Worm, and still nothing.
Might be an issue with the ISO of the user that reported this, same might go for the Remake freezes, although I haven't tested that one out yet.

Anyone can confirm if the RE Zero Dial freeze is still occurring?

D

Deleted-353083

On a different note... anyone know what's going on with the adapter? I read it was only supposed to be like $20 but every site i've looked at is selling for on average minimum $100.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a different note... anyone know what's going on with the adapter? I read it was only supposed to be like $20 but every site i've looked at is selling for on average minimum $100.

Nintendo underestimated the demand for the adapter and as a result did not make enough. The ones you see for $100 dollars are third party sellers taking advantage of the situation. Im 99% sure they will make more though, specially now that they realize the demand there is for it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, they're release more soon, that much we know, likely next week. I think.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Consumism and demand.
Actually there are places where Smash 4 is getting out of stock, there is a shortage of the game in several places and the same will apply to the adapter.

Nintendo sure hit the big one with this game (even though I don't care about it).

Your best bet would be to either wait until the hype diminishes a little bit or pay for it at that price.

D

Deleted-353083

I just played Code Veronica for like an hour or so and didn't experience any freeze at all.
I played for like the start of Disc 2 all the way up to the part after the battle with the Giant Worm, and still nothing.
Might be an issue with the ISO of the user that reported this, same might go for the Remake freezes, although I haven't tested that one out yet.

Anyone can confirm if the RE Zero Dial freeze is still occurring?

I had the EXACT same problem and commented about that several times on here but that was a while ago so i think it has been fixed... having said that you'd just be better of installing a program like Wiiflow and playing the native Wii port of RE0 - much simpler.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the EXACT same problem and commented about that several times on here but that was a while ago so i think it has been fixed... having said that you'd just be better of installing a program like Wiiflow and playing the native Wii port of RE0 - much simpler.

Plus the reports i've read say that the adapter is easy to replicate. If that's true and Nintendo for some reason doesnt make more you can expect other companies (like Mayflash) to release clone units.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah but you gotta remember that not all users play on a Wii with GC ports.
RE Zero so far is unbeatable in Family Wiis and Wii Us, since the game freezes at the EXACT SAME POINT with both HID and Bluetooth controllers...
Well at least up to 2.220, I don't know if the latest revisions changed anything about it, but I doubt it.

This is the only game so far that I have problem with when using Nintendont.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but you gotta remember that not all users play on a Wii with GC ports.
RE Zero so far is unbeatable in Family Wiis and Wii Us, since the game freezes at the EXACT SAME POINT with both HID and Bluetooth controllers...
Well at least up to 2.220, I don't know if the latest revisions changed anything about it, but I doubt it.

This is the only game so far that I have problem with when using Nintendont.

The wii port supports the Classic Controller Pro though, so if you have one of those i would recommend going the wii option if you are playing on a wii u

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got Nintendont to work with two drives attached by plugging the vWii drive into the upper Wii U port (Port 0)! However, now I can't get USB Loader GX to read my games. If I change the port to 1 in Hard Drive Settings, it still cannot mount the USB drive. If I change the Loader IOS to 58, it can read the games list in the GUI, but selecting a game does not start it; it either blackscreens or reloads HBC. I have d2x beta 53 installed to 249.

Cyan, do you have any ideas? Let me know if I should move this discussion over over to the GX thread.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm beyond having issues. USB loader GX gives an Error, nintendont does not yet support usb games. While updating through the Actual loader is fine and plays, however I've recently became frustrated with any gaemcube game I've threw at it. Almost if not all Resident Evils are currently not working properly US only. While Dios Mios works fine with them and I would use Dios Mios, but Dios Mios causes freezes, system shut downs etc. Nintendont is currently on the same path. Every update seems to make it worse on my end?

So far through WiiFlow or the Actual loader most games I've been trying to play have been either getting a Error code about "Gamecube stopped working, please read the manual and shut down the console" Or it'll just freeze. Now before I actually cared about updating the program the really early versions worked great. Is there a place to find early versions?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo didn't underestimate the demand, the company making the adapters for Nintendo did. They figured with poor Wii U sales there wouldn't be a high demand. Looks like they were wrong.

I'm beyond having issues. USB loader GX gives an Error, nintendont does not yet support usb games. While updating through the Actual loader is fine and plays, however I've recently became frustrated with any gaemcube game I've threw at it. Almost if not all Resident Evils are currently not working properly US only. While Dios Mios works fine with them and I would use Dios Mios, but Dios Mios causes freezes, system shut downs etc. Nintendont is currently on the same path. Every update seems to make it worse on my end?
You are using an out of date USB Loader GX. Look at Cyan's signature.

Reactions: Sky Design

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY