Hacking Nintendont

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CFG was used to test the fix for setting video modes in nintendont 2.208
If you start nintendont from the homebrew channel do you have the same problem?

Howard just tested and the problem also happens when launching Nintendont 2.211 from Homebrew Channel.
Pal games blackscreen.

Also redownloaded the Nintendont 2.211 .dol manually and replaced the one on my sd card. Tried to boot a Pal game (Superman and Resident evil 4) launching from
homebrew channel; both games blackscreen.

Tried to boot the same games from CFG Mod r.78, the autoboot does not work as I said above.

Using:
a NTSC Wii U
Nintendont 2.211
Official Nintendont Wii U pro controllers.

Untill today, the last version I was using was 2.204 and everything was working fine (Superman and Resident 4). Pal games always worked on my tests and so autoboot.

EDIT: Joostin found out the problem. It seems something on the esthetic update broke the auto video patch and the auto boot feature. Reverted back to 2.209 and everything is running fine.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
The issue of some PAL games black screening on auto video mode was introduced at 2.206. There is also an issue of these same games not booting on first attempt (dsi exception) after changing from auto to force video mode. However if you try them a second time, as long as you keep your settings the same they should boot fine.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's causing problems I might pull the update until I can fix it. Could you try using this with a PAL game (don't own any myself) to see if it was introduced in my update.

Joostin just tested "this" (nintendont 2.209) all problems fixed.

-> Blackscreen on pal games = fixed
-> autoboot on CFG R.78 = fixed

I'm sorry but the esthetic update seems to have broken something... and started to cause the above problems I was experiencing... At least for me is all fixed.

Note: Using a Wii U
Using the .dol provided by Joostin (2.209)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reverting changes until I can figure out the problem. I'm looking for the cheapest PAL game I can get shipped to the US.
Their is something in 2.211 messing up ntsc games on ntsc wii when started from cfg that dosent occur when started from homebrew channel. you may want to fix that first before ordering a pal disk. It may be related. All my testing of 2.211 had been done from HBC

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to bash you or anything, Joostin, but shouldn't the primary focus be getting more games working and resolving current issues? Iirc Nintendont was never meant to be a fully featured stand alone loader. We need to fine tune the engine before we go adding flashy paint and spinner rims.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Their is something in 2.211 messing up ntsc games on ntsc wii when started from cfg that dosent occur when started from homebrew channel. you may want to fix that first before ordering a pal disk. It may be related. All my testing of 2.211 had been done from HBC
I wasn't aware of that, I'll check into it. It also turns out that shipping from the UK to US is outrageous on used GC games. I didn't have this problem when I ordered The Last Story (didn't know it was coming to the US too), but that's the only other time I've ordered something from the UK.

Honestly I might just "bend" my no-piracy rule and download a PAL version of an NTSC game I already own. I won't feel good about it, but damn those prices.

Not to bash you or anything, Joostin, but shouldn't the primary focus be getting more games working and resolving current issues? Iirc Nintendont was never meant to be a fully featured stand alone loader. We need to fine tune the engine before we go adding flashy paint and spinner rims.
Lol, I know. I've just been trying to scratch things off the request list, and the rest of the team has made the kernel run great. Besides, my limited library makes testing harder. Almost every game on the compatibility list runs fine without hacks.

While this update was mostly aesthetic, there was another reason for it. We needed a smaller font if we ever wanted to add something to the Settings menu, and using a bitmap font would make it harder to see on small TV's. A truetype font is easier to read and allows flexibility.

Howard Didn't want to double-post, but what revision did you mean by 2.211?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I might just "bend" my no-piracy rule and download a PAL version of an NTSC game I already own. I won't feel good about it, but damn those prices. Besides, my limited library makes testing harder.
It's ok, I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't going to be losing much money over gamecube games nowadays.

P.S. Welcome to the dark side.
darth002.gif

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the compat list. Counted about 19 games (NTSC) that are still unplayable (red).

Reactions: the_randomizer

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I might just "bend" my no-piracy rule and download a PAL version of an NTSC game I already own. I won't feel good about it, but damn those prices.

While this update was mostly aesthetic, there was another reason for it. We needed a smaller font if we ever wanted to add something to the Settings menu, and using a bitmap font would make it harder to see on small TV's. A truetype font is easier to read and allows flexibility.

Howard Didn't want to double-post, but what revision did you mean by 2.211?

You may want to look at us copyright law. their are some allowed uses that may intrest you.

When I was testing the unreleased gui I was only using HBC to load nintendont.
After the 2.211 release I started seeing reports of issues related to cfg one said with 2.211 others said latest (which could mean anything with nintendonts release frequency).
tryed testing it my self.
results so far
Its not confined to cfg.
you can reproduce it by:

start nintendont 2.211 from HBC
go to options and set autoboot on
start the game
once the game is running press home to exit to HBC
restart nintendont
while its waiting for you to abort auto boot the screen will start to mess up.
if you press b to abort autoboot the screen fixes it self
if you dont press b before time runs out the screen keeps getting worse until it hangs.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You may want to look at us copyright law. their are some allowed uses that may intrest you.

When I was testing the unreleased gui I was only using HBC to load nintendont.
After the 2.211 release I started seeing reports of issues related to cfg one said with 2.211 others said latest (which could mean anything with nintendonts release frequency).
tryed testing it my self.
results so far
Its not confined to cfg.
you can reproduce it by:

start nintendont 2.211 from HBC
go to options and set autoboot on
start the game
once the game is running press home to exit to HBC
restart nintendont
while its waiting for you to abort auto boot the screen will start to mess up.
if you press b to abort autoboot the screen fixes it self
if you dont press b before time runs out the screen keeps getting worse until it hangs.
2.211 (revision 212) is the version I released two hours ago. The revisions are off because FIX94 forgot to upload the binary. The one with the new UI was 2.210 (revision 211).

Reactions: the_randomizer

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in need of desperate help. For the last few days I've been trying to get Nintedon't to work with my HDD correctly. I can load up games just fine but when I enable memory cards I get an exception as soon as Nintendon't appears. However my SD card works just fine and I can load games and use the memory cards just fine.

Here's everything that I've tried:
Originally my 3TB HDD(4k) had 2 partitions, 60GB fat32 primary and 2TB ntfs logical.
I've reformatted to fat16, fat32, 16kb, 32kb, 64kb, and even erased the entire hard drive and formatted to fat16 and fat32 32kb.
I tried USB Loader GX with and without the mod needed to use newer revisions.
Also started over from scratch and re-downloaded usb loader gx and nintendon't.
I tried creating a saves folder, copying over memory card saves, and just having gc games on my hdd.
My only settings were auto boot and use memory card(both on and individual) block size 59-251.
I've used Nintedon't revisions 196, 207, 208, 210, 211.
Also switched out my SD cards thinking they would somehow be the issue.

As I said I can load games just fine on my sd card and no matter the revision I could also use memory cards. I'm also not sure if the nintendon't loader supports fat32 directly but every time I select USB it simply says no fat device found, or missing usb:/games dir.

Any help at this point would be nice. I'm scratching my head trying to find out what's going on at this point. Everything else works just.. not.. memory cards.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dafaq?
I'm out for just a day and Nintendont gets a UI, and is also pulled back.
Damn I should be on the lookout more often. XD
A heads up:
I am testing my already working library with the latest revs to see if they still work.
I'm just about to go through RE Zero to test the Disc 2 issue too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?