Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm just LOVING my luck... I ordered a couple of third-party classic controllers to use with nintendont so i can play with my gf, got them today and decided to test them immediately.

These motherf*****s made a classic controller without analog shoulders. And what's more, the button combo to get a half press isn't working either. The Lightning Stalker had a similar issue with a CCP, which apparently was third-party as well..

I know there are other priorities and I honestly don't mind waiting, but is there any chance this could be looked at? I don't mind testing stuff and trying to get info about it to help, if needed. I've tried it with SMS, as it's the first game I thought that would be easy to test with, and using R shoots water, while L strafes. zL does nothing and zR brings up the map. From the quoted post i can assume this controller has the buttons swapped, but even so "zL + R" does nothing, and neither does any other combination i've tried.

Everything else works perfectly fine though, "-" changes the layout and Home sends me back to the loader.. The only thing i'm missing is the halfpress, though i guess i can live without it.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just LOVING my luck... I ordered a couple of third-party classic controllers to use with nintendont so i can play with my gf, got them today and decided to test them immediately.

These motherf*****s made a classic controller without analog shoulders. And what's more, the button combo to get a half press isn't working either. The Lightning Stalker had a similar issue with a CCP, which apparently was third-party as well..

I know there are other priorities and I honestly don't mind waiting, but is there any chance this could be looked at? I don't mind testing stuff and trying to get info about it to help, if needed. I've tried it with SMS, as it's the first game I thought that would be easy to test with, and using R shoots water, while L strafes. zL does nothing and zR brings up the map. From the quoted post i can assume this controller has the buttons swapped, but even so "zL + R" does nothing, and neither does any other combination i've tried.

Everything else works perfectly fine though, "-" changes the layout and Home sends me back to the loader.. The only thing i'm missing is the halfpress, though i guess i can live without it.
Trust me Just buy the Dynacom from MercadoLibre, cheap, good quality and analog shoulders!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Trust me Just buy the Dynacom from MercadoLibre, cheap, good quality and analog shoulders!

Funny thing.. I bought those. 150 ARS each, not really expensive (a CCP in my city costed 450, and NO WAY i was gonna buy two of those) ... But these don't have analog shoulders, or at least i can't make them work, no matter how slightly i press them, Mario won't shoot water unless it's fully pressed.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing.. I bought those. 150 ARS each, not really expensive (a CCP in my city costed 450, and NO WAY i was gonna buy two of those) ... But these don't have analog shoulders, or at least i can't make them work, no matter how slightly i press them, Mario won't shoot water unless it's fully pressed.
Weird, i have one on those and works half pressing R to walk and shoot water. And i payed the same for it, and 550ARS for a Black CCP (the same of my video a couple of post back) try contacting them, maybe you can get a refund.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's supposed that when I press the Home button on the CCP, it should take me back to the loader, right?
Well, in my case, loading Nintendont with Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX, and then pressing the Home button, it just resets my Wii.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Weird, i have one on those and works half pressing R to walk and shoot water. And i payed the same for it, and 550ARS for a Black CCP (the same of my video a couple of post back) try contacting them, maybe you can get a refund.

I was definitely pissed on by an elephant... I tried the second CC, this one starts shooting water as soon as I connect it, but it lets me move as well; then I connected the other one, and I noticed FLUDD kinda "pumps" if i press slightly, but no water comes out until it's a full press. So not sure what the hell is wrong with these controllers, they might have analog functions and not being correctly recognized, or maybe i'm just too unlucky. And for some reason, when i'm in HBC, if the CC are connected, it's like they're stuck pressing Home button.. -.-

To top it off, the second wiimote i have is not recognized by any homebrew, included nintendont, even though it works fine with wii games, so i'm screwed on both sides :D

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldnt get Baten Kaitos to run. Freezes at progressive, I tried a 1:1 not sure why it's not working at all :( tried 2.161, 2.153 and 2.159

but on a good note, my THPS3 iso was no good! new rip works fine on 2.153 - 2.154, broke on 2.155

I'd bet its this change on 2.155:
-changed up interrupt message reading a bit, fixes startup of luigis mansion

Is there anything I can do to help this be looked into like a log or something? When using 2.155+ it freezes at the first intro screen.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tested the controllers with SSBB for wii, and they seem to work fine. So it seems those issues with the home button, and the R button is a homebrew thing... Is there any way I can check, in the wii, if these buttons are actually analog?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was definitely pissed on by an elephant... I tried the second CC, this one starts shooting water as soon as I connect it, but it lets me move as well; then I connected the other one, and I noticed FLUDD kinda "pumps" if i press slightly, but no water comes out until it's a full press. So not sure what the hell is wrong with these controllers, they might have analog functions and not being correctly recognized, or maybe i'm just too unlucky. And for some reason, when i'm in HBC, if the CC are connected, it's like they're stuck pressing Home button.. -.-

To top it off, the second wiimote i have is not recognized by any homebrew, included nintendont, even though it works fine with wii games, so i'm screwed on both sides :D

You should talk to the vendors and get other pair of CC, they're wrong, my CC works well in HBC and Nintendont, i will upload a Vid tomorrow, now is LoL time :P

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I couldnt get Baten Kaitos to run. Freezes at progressive, I tried a 1:1 not sure why it's not working at all :( tried 2.161, 2.153 and 2.159

but on a good note, my THPS3 iso was no good! new rip works fine on 2.153 - 2.154, broke on 2.155

I'd bet its this change on 2.155:
-changed up interrupt message reading a bit, fixes startup of luigis mansion

Is there anything I can do to help this be looked into like a log or something? When using 2.155+ it freezes at the first intro screen.
Reverse some off the changes in 2.155 and narrow down the piece of code, which causes the breaking. Once you found the specific piece of code, post it here and hope, someone with more skill has an idea, how to fix it without breaking anything.

This work is tedious, but if you guys want to help with the project, this is the way how to do it.

Reactions: MassiveRican

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I finally managed to get the second wiimote to work (apparently it wasn't synced with the console) so that's one less issue to care about. I'm still wondering if my CC are actually malfunctioning as I've already tried them with Wii Games and had no issues.

I recorded a video of what exactly happens with each one, for simplicity I had both controllers connected from the get go*. With the first one, if I try to press R softly, it will attempt to pump water, sometimes it might actually spit a bit, but won't do a proper spray unless I press the button all the way, forcing me to stay in a single place. Then I disconnect that one and the other controller gets connected, and Mario immediately starts spraying water, and as you can see in the video, I can even run around like that, though the water stops soon enough BUT it still "attempts" to spray water, you can see the pump moving.

Is it positive that the only explanation is that both controllers are malfunctioning? In the HBC if any of them is connected, it acts like if the Home button was constantly pressed. However, neither loadergx nor in wii games have i seen any kind of weirdness caused by them, so I'm at a loss here.

* sorry for the bad pov, i didn't have a better place to leave the phone and holding it myself made things much more complicated.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to get the second wiimote to work (apparently it wasn't synced with the console) so that's one less issue to care about. I'm still wondering if my CC are actually malfunctioning as I've already tried them with Wii Games and had no issues.

I recorded a video of what exactly happens with each one, for simplicity I had both controllers connected from the get go*. With the first one, if I try to press R softly, it will attempt to pump water, sometimes it might actually spit a bit, but won't do a proper spray unless I press the button all the way, forcing me to stay in a single place. Then I disconnect that one and the other controller gets connected, and Mario immediately starts spraying water, and as you can see in the video, I can even run around like that, though the water stops soon enough BUT it still "attempts" to spray water, you can see the pump moving.

Is it positive that the only explanation is that both wiimotes are malfunctioning? In the HBC if any of them is connected, it acts like if the Home button was constantly pressed. However, neither loadergx nor in wii games have i seen any kind of weirdness caused by them, so I'm at a loss here.

* sorry for the bad pov, i didn't have a better place to leave the phone and holding it myself made things much more complicated.

Private video, i can't see it. Try changing your privacy options in Youtube.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
EDIT: Checked on Sonic CD and it breaks in v1.142, that change only added some patches for mapping a reset combo to the GC controller. I'll try undoing that and see if I can get it to boot.

EDIT2: It worked. Now I don't know what to do, I still don't know how to fix the other two games, and I'd be sacrificing a feature by fixing Sonic CD.

Anybody want to help me round the problem with Sonic Gems Collection?
It broke completely in v2.150

Evidently undoing the two multi-dol changes in v2.150 did not fix the problem. Because the changelog for this version is so long I'm having a tough time figuring out what broke it in the first place.

EDIT3: These patch files broke the other two games.

/trunk/kernel/Patch.c
/trunk/kernel/Patch.h
/trunk/kernel/PatchCodes.h
/trunk/kernel/patches.c

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
spyro heros's tail ntsc full iso on a Wii with gc doors using the wiiu pro controller on 2.157 full game tested no issues at all just incase anyone wants to know.

Reactions: VinsCool

erginemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice update!
LOTR the third age G3AF69 i must force ntsc to boot it. Runs too fast.
Dragon's Lair 3D now goes ingame but runs too fast too.
Virtua Striker 2002 and wave race now play well.

Thanks for the efforts.

Unfortunately, all LOTR series (as also confirmed by the compatibility list) have this problem. As the game runs two times faster than normal, it is practically unplayable. Is there any way to fix this with updates?

Reactions: _47iscool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy