Hacking Nintendont

DenverNugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried disconnecting and reconnecting the controller to the wiimote but things still won't work... Just to make things clear, I'm using Nintendont as a boot.dol, I followed the guide and I didn't copy any controller.ini file as it isn't needed (it's needed for USB controller only, right?). Could it be that I am missing something? :(

Does your pro controller have a Wii logo on it? If not It's a knock off. They look almost identical except for the Word Wii in the middle.

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Beats me.
Both Pokemon games are tricky.
one with the cutscenes end freeze, which according to Pedro is the transition from cutscene to battle that makes the game freeze.
And Colosseum has no Memory Card detection so far.

Which makes me wonder... Is there any other game so far that doesn't detect a memory card besides Pokemon Colosseum?

Not exactly the same but Ultimate Spider-Man keeps saying the memory card is corrupted every time you start it, doesn't matter which size of memory card you choose, at least on r157.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys a little help here: I am about to buy 2 Wii U pro controllers. Any of you have a Chinese Wii u Pro controller and can confirm if it works with nintendont?
I intend to buy this one: Wii U PRO (aliexpress)

Since 3rd party wiimotes does not work with nintendont I just want to make sure the third party wii u pro will work....

Here in brazil 1 original one costs about U$ 70,00

I appreciate all your help...

Thank you!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fired up Nintendon't for the first time and have to say I'm really impressed with how well it works and 4 players can play using bluetooth controllers, it's pretty nice.

The settings don't seem to save for me, and I USBLoader seems to crash every time I try to load through it but still, it's pretty amazing how far this project has come.

Kudos.-

DenverNugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys a little help here: I am about to buy 2 Wii U pro controllers. Any of you have a Chinese Wii u Pro controller and can confirm if it works with nintendont?
I intend to buy this one: Wii U PRO (aliexpress)

Since 3rd party wiimotes does not work with nintendont I just want to make sure the third party wii u pro will work....

Here in brazil 1 original one costs about U$ 70,00

I appreciate all your help...

Thank you!

Based on what people are saying in the posts above you, looks like it's not. Don't take my word for it though, I've only used nintendont with a gamecube controller. That's a crazy price for an OEM controller, though. It would be cheaper to buy one internationally.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Based on what people are saying in the posts above you, looks like it's not. Don't take my word for it though, I've only used nintendont with a gamecube controller. That's a crazy price for an OEM controller, though. It would be cheaper to buy one internationally.

Brazil has high taxes - the wii u console itself costs about U$ 500,00... I really want to know if the chinese Wii U pro will work.. they're way cheaper...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
*skips another 20 pages*
Let's see if you do the same with the Button Swap+Rumble MOD :P

Sorry I just saw your post.
It's past midnight here so I will build the custom mod tomorrow.

I will start adding the following modifications to the mod from now on:
1) Button swap for BT Controllers.
2) Rumble feature for Wiimotes and Wii U Pro.
3) UStealth Patch.

Maxternal, could you provide me the part of the code for the UStealh mod for Nintendont to make an all-in-one mod?

EDIT:
HOLY SHIT!
I just tested out Luigi's Mansion with 2.155 and it controls awesomeeeee!
It doesn't have that annoying fucked up control it has on Devo.
That's it, tomorrow at first hour I'll extract my save from my memory card dump and will create a Luigi's mansion individual save for Nintendon't :)
Completely switching loader now.
here you go
for those apps (like nintendont) that use the signature check built into libFAT I've recompiled it with UStealth support for anyone interested
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d1ffxo16kc1gmq/libfatmod.zip
this would probably fix several apps by just replacing the existing one in your devkitpro and recompiling
if you're curious, the change was at line 183 in partition.c (code included)
You take the libfat.a file from the \libogc\lib\wii folder in the ZIP file and replace the same file in the same folder in your devkitpro (C:\devkitPro\libogc\lib\wii\libfat.a in my case and most others) before compiling
and putting code that mounts or accesses the disk into if(argsboot) statements (and maybe a LITTLE bit of rearrangement as to where it actually checks if the arguments are present) in the loader's main.c theoretically would allow you to leave a Wii U formatted disk connected, too, but that theory's untested as of yet

pointing and aiming with the wiimote will never happen, heck even move like pulling left and up wont happen be happy if the buttons ever get configured.
I know the whole cursor position has to be calculated in the code itself but once you get that, the distance from the center of the screen being used as the joystick position, with options about which axis is inverted and how much deadzone you have seems like a pretty straightforward conversion for the pointer.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Per Adeka's advice, I'm uploading my save data for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
It's saved after the prologue. Attempting to start chapter 1 results in it freezing after the chapter title.
Please let me know if you guys can replicate the problem.

Link to save

Has anyone else been having this issue with Fire Emblem? I really can't figure out what the problem is.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone else been having this issue with Fire Emblem? I really can't figure out what the problem is.
I quoted you awhile back, I'm also having that problem but currently there's no way to fix it; on my end it is random so you can manage to progress after a few tries. I re-added the log to the compatibility list so the devs can try to fix it.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to start by saying thanks a heap to all the developers that have put so much love and time into this project. I greatly admire the work and appreciate it.

A couple of pages back I posted a problem I am having opening doors in Luigi's Mansion using an original classic controller (RVL-005 - one with analog L and R buttons). I have no trouble using a real gamecube controller.
After testing the last 3 revisions (r155,r156,r157) I've worked out the problem is the analog buttons on the controller getting stuck on slightly. I opened a brand new classic controller that I'd had for years just sitting in the box and found that controller works much better. It only sometimes gets stuck on after releasing the analog buttons - much more playable, but still an occasional problem.

So ... I have a few questions.
1) Can the deadzone in Nintendon't be adjusted just slightly for the analog buttons so very low values don't trigger a press?
2) Is there an App I can use to check the values of the buttons on the classic controller like HID test does for usb controllers?
3) Is there a way software/hardware (disassemble the controller if need be) to reset/adjust the 0 value of the classic controller analog buttons?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
What is it that you are trying to do? You can actually just change the WM_BUTTON_HOME for the hex value, like this:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0080)
    goto Shutdown;
I'm trying to map the 'exit to loader' and in-game reset to the wiimote, just because.

Finally got around to trying this today but it didn't work. It seems like I'm missing something, I defined the new buttons in both global.h and BT.h
I put the code into PADRead around the BTPad area like so:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_HOME)
goto Shutdown;

if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_DOWN)
{
/* reset status 3 */
*reset = 0x3DEA;
}
else /* for held status */
*reset = 0;
Which is exactly like the existing code for the GC, hid and the BT pads. I also tried the hex values with the same result. I'm thinking the problem is the place in PADRead to put the code... ? In any case that's something I can only prove if someone else tried mapping something to the wiimote to confirm it works just like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme