Hacking Nintendont

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I was referring to gcit.
I know. I was letting pedro know. Last commit on GCIT 1.0.3 b7 is from 2 years ago. GCIT 1.0.1 b5 is 5 years old.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again thank you both. If I have learned one thing from all of this, is that I used possibly the only tool incompatible with Nintendont, GCM, lol.

Reactions: DarthDub

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC games are comparatively tiny. There's no point in compacting or scrubbing them. It's not worth it since there is no way to verify if the disc image is good afterwards. Matching MD5 always equals good disc image. :P

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
GC games are comparatively tiny. There's no point in compacting or scrubbing them. It's not worth it since there is no way to verify if the disc image is good afterwards. Matching MD5 always equals good disc image. :P
But you save space if you do it and not use an outdated build of gcit. All that happens is the extra dummy/garbage data that fills the disc is scrubbed off. :P
Besides, if the 1:1 iso matches the md5, I'd assume it's safe to trim it.

Last edited by DarthDub,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you save space if you do it and not use an outdated build of gcit. All that happens is the extra dummy/garbage data that fills the disc is scrubbed off. :P
Besides, if the 1:1 iso matches the md5, I'd assume it's safe to trim it.
Some games don't like being trimmed and won't run. That's why it's always recommended to use a full 1:1 iso.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@FIX94 does nintendont patch the game main.dol in order to display custom width-height? If that so what addresses specifically when you open it on a hex editor?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just pushed up a new version that hopefully doesnt break anything as it changes one of the most important patches nintendont does, arstartdma.
-added Big Mutha Truckers to arstartdma exception list
-added 60hz patches to pal versions of mario party 4,5,6 and 7
-improved logic for arstartdma out-of-bounds requests (fixes Pool Edge)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What happens if the game is already patched?
I patched all my 50Hz PAL games a while ago already.
nothing will happen as it only patches things if it notices its not patched yet.
Anyways, just made a change that fixes an actual saving issue this one game had for ages.
-added street racing syndicate into instant exi irq exception list to allow it to save

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't compress a GameCube ISO. Compressing a digital file means that you can reverse it and get the original file. With GameCube ISOs you are destructively removing data from the file and it can't be reversed. Just like you can't compress audio/video, you can only re-encode it with a more efficient codec.
There's a few different things here:
  1. Scrubbing: Clearing the unused sections of the game disc. Nintendo's official SDK fills blank areas with pseudo-random data for some unknown reason, possibly in an attempt to deter piracy by making the disc images unnecessarily large. Does not affect games at all.
  2. Shrinking: Using a tool like DiscEx to rebuild the file system such that it doesn't have the wasted space. Causes problems with some games that expect files to be located at exact addresses for some reason.
  3. Sparse images: CISO, WBFS, etc. are all sparse images. The disc image is scrubbed, and then only non-zero blocks are stored, plus a map that allows Nintendont or the emulator to know which block goes where. Saves about as much space as shrunken but without compatibility problems.
  4. Actual compression: Dolphin's GCZ format does this. (zlib algorithm) It's usually not very effective unless the image is also scrubbed.
Regarding the pseudo-random data: The algorithm for this was reverse-engineered from the Nintendo SDK tools a while ago. There's a tool called Wii Ultimate Unscrubber that can "unscrub" Wii disc images. GameCube should also be doable, but it needs reworking due to disc structure differences.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well talking about exception lists I felt like addressing a few more titles for them to help them out.
-added tales of symphonia into arstartdma exception list to remove its beeps on battle start/end
-added fire emblem into read limit remove list to hopefully stabilize its chapter transitions
-added triforce titles into manual DI invalidate exception list to hopefully make its loading more stable

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any way to use the 'Go to Adventure' function on Pokemon Box through Nintendont? Box mode works just fine but Adventure doesn't. Just softlocks on the GBA screen like nothing is inserted.

From what I understand it's similar to Stadium where it just reads your save then uses it on a in-game emulator.
Googled it but I'm just finding people either A: discussing that they can't get it to work or B: not getting replies at all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any way to use the 'Go to Adventure' function on Pokemon Box through Nintendont? Box mode works just fine but Adventure doesn't. Just softlocks on the GBA screen like nothing is inserted.

From what I understand it's similar to Stadium where it just reads your save then uses it on a in-game emulator.
Googled it but I'm just finding people either A: discussing that they can't get it to work or B: not getting replies at all.
well fix94 and myself cant test that due to not having any game that is compatible to that mode, unless some kind soul donated pokemon ruby or saphire to fix94 :P.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to change controler settings? I know, that there is way by pressing the "-"-Button, but for F-Zero GX is't very unpractical.

I want to change boost from "X"-Button to "Y"-Button (accelerating is "B"-Button and I want switch "ZR"->R and "ZL" -> L)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to change controler settings? I know, that there is way by pressing the "-"-Button, but for F-Zero GX is't very unpractical.

I want to change boost from "X"-Button to "Y"-Button (accelerating is "B"-Button and I want switch "ZR"->R and "ZL" -> L)
unless your using and hid controller you can change the controller.inim if you are using a controller taht isnt hid you can only chnage buttons if you recompile nintendont.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, just installed a Nintendont forwarder for the Wii U homescreen, but when it loads Nintendont it can't seem to detect the USB hard drive for games (which it can do manually launching Nintendont from vWii).

Any help with this? The WiiSXR forwarder does the same thing, cant detect games/bios on USB or save settings to USB, and thats where all my games are stored :<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice