Hacking Nintendont

InemuriJapon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im gonna leave here if anybody is lost with disc swaping in nintendont on HBC. Metal gear solid twin snakes make sure you put both games in one file for example the file name mgs ts then inside the file put the first metal gear solid twin snake disc 1iso but rename it game.iso. Then here the part that got me confused you also put the disc 2 of metal gear solid twin snakes in the same file just rename it disc2.iso. So remember but both games in one file but you just got to rename them i hope ill helped alot of people.

Last edited by InemuriJapon,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im gonna leave here if anybody is lost with disc swaping in nintendont on HBC. Metal gear solid twin snakes make sure you put both games in one file for example the file name mgs ts then inside the file put the first metal gear solid twin snake disc 1iso but rename it game.iso. Then here the part that got me confused you also put the disc 2 of metal gear solid twin snakes in the same file just rename it disc2.iso. So remember but both games in one file but you just got to rename them i hope ill helped alot of people.

That's not quite right. Both disc images need to go in the same folder. Disc one is "game.iso", disc 2 is "disc2.iso". It's in the instructions in the first post in this thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I miss Punch-Out - Nes Console
MarioBros. - Nes Console
The Legend of Zelda - Nes Console
Ice Climbers - Nes Console, and it's NTSC

Those were only available with e-Reader cards as promotional giveaways at stores or online. There are code generators floating around for them but I've never had one work.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's not quite right. Both disc images need to go in the same folder. Disc one is "game.iso", disc 2 is "disc2.iso". It's in the instructions in the first post in this thread.

Those were only available with e-Reader cards as promotional giveaways at stores or online. There are code generators floating around for them but I've never had one work.

Missing Mario Bros. only now. Got the others, tho.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It says that the memory card is corrupted, I'll buy a real one, does a real 16 MB one work?
why do you need a real memory card? you gain nothing since if you screwed your save it would screw it on real mc too, also 16mb memory cards have issues on the wii itself its essentialy a risk using one of those.

are you using multi memory card or individuals?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
why do you need a real memory card? you gain nothing since if you screwed your save it would screw it on real mc too, also 16mb memory cards have issues on the wii itself its essentialy a risk using one of those.

are you using multi memory card or individuals?

individual, but I can't load the save, how come 16mb have issues?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
ask nintendo since they didnt code the wii well for even original gc memory cards of 16mb.

I mean what happens.

ask nintendo since they didnt code the wii well for even original gc memory cards of 16mb.

Also I the error I got was in Animal Crossing. I got "The memory card is corrupted", while in the manager it said that it worked normally.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says that the memory card is corrupted, I'll buy a real one, does a real 16 MB one work?

Did you use a hack to get the promotional games? That usually ends up corrupting the save permanently. The only way to get the promo games is with the Lao_Tzu trick and they're locked to the save you use to get them. There is no global code for them.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Guys, a little help please.
Latest Nintendon't version (before you say anything I JUST updated trough the loaders updater) and clean 1:1 iso. (verified agaibst redump)
Ok, my issue is with Fire Emblem. At first I wasn't able to load my save game as it would black screen as soon as the cutscene ended. An update (to nintendont) fixed that.
But now, the same issue reared it's ugly head only much later into the game. Are there any known issues with Fire Emblem? (As I noticed some people in these forums as well as in others having similar issues) and if that's so. Can we fix them?
I can attach my save file if necessary later....
Thanks.

*EDIT* This is the exact same issue I'm experiencing.
https://m.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3k2js9/path_of_radiance_black_screen_in_chapter_27/

Last edited by sideskroll,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean what happens.
Guys, a little help please.
Latest Nintendon't version (before you say anything I JUST updated trough the loaders updater) and clean 1:1 iso. (verified agaibst redump)
Ok, my issue is with Fire Emblem. At first I wasn't able to load my save game as it would black screen as soon as the cutscene ended. An update (to nintendont) fixed that.
But now, the same issue reared it's ugly head only much later into the game. Are there any known issues with Fire Emblem? (As I noticed some people in these forums as well as in others having similar issues) and if that's so. Can we fix them?
I can attach my save file if necessary later....
Thanks.

*EDIT* This is the exact same issue I'm experiencing.
https://m.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3k2js9/path_of_radiance_black_screen_in_chapter_27/
fire emblem always had a very very low chance to blackscreen when changing chapters, try to make the bare minimum extra options on basicaly everything off and auto and only mcemu on if you use one.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
fire emblem always had a very very low chance to blackscreen when changing chapters, try to make the bare minimum extra options on basicaly everything off and auto and only mcemu on if you use one.
That's how I have it ATM.
Forgot to update but after trying a couple of times it finally worked.
I wouldn't say it has a "very, very low chance" of black screening... more like a chance to actually being able to progress further...
Anyway, I'm close to the end so I hope it allows to me to continue from now on.
One more question regarding this game, although I think I already know the answer.
Any way to transfer the data from the emulated MC to the Wii so I can gain the stats boost on the Wii FE game? (aside from actually getting a physical MC...)
Thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how I have it ATM.
Forgot to update but after trying a couple of times it finally worked.
I wouldn't say it has a "very, very low chance" of black screening... more like a chance to actually being able to progress further...
Anyway, I'm close to the end so I hope it allows to me to continue from now on.
One more question regarding this game, although I think I already know the answer.
Any way to transfer the data from the emulated MC to the Wii so I can gain the stats boost on the Wii FE game? (aside from actually getting a physical MC...)
Thanks.

Before you get too far away from that spot turn on OSReport and make it freeze. Maybe the log will show why it's doing it.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Before you get too far away from that spot turn on OSReport and make it freeze. Maybe the log will show why it's doing it.
Sadly, I don't know how to "Make it freeze". I mean, I've tried triggering the same blackscreen (after I managed to get past that part) but nothing.
Unlike the guy's post I linked to, it didn't take me 10 tries to get past it. Only 3. So it's KINDA random? But at the same time it has to do with cut-scenes apparently.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if @FIX94 hasn't fixed these issues by now (as they had been reported previously) he probably never will.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
after merging all those pull requests and recompiling everything let me know if I didnt fuck up bad anywhere, this was quite a mess and I hope my wiiu setup didnt break any compiling process.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good to me.

Sidenote: @GreyRogue sent me a patch for my MemCard-hax branch that gets virtual Slot B cards working in the IPL. Unfortunately, games that try to access Slot B still crash, so there's still something missing.

Branch is here: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Nintendont/tree/MemCard-hax.r431.v2

(This branch doesn't have the GCI folder stuff I was working on previously; that'll be done separately so we can get this stuff working first.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: