Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi! I have a new question, this one is much simpler:

I've been trying different usbs, one of them is giving me problems (The games freeze or stay in black screen) while the others load fine the same exact isos.

But when I check the supposedly defective USB, chkflsh says it has no errors.

Question is: is there a program or way to see if it's really defective? Could use that usb for anything else; like store other files?

Also: What's the best way to format a new usb for Nintendont? I already know its Fat32, 32kb Cluster (Although I don't know if 64 is better), but is there a tool designed for it or I can use any method?
there is no tool designed for nintendont since it uses the fat32 default stuff, well tbh windows formater without having fast format cheked should do the trick, your usb might give you troubles not becuase its corrupted but becuase its imcompatible with nintendont usb code, some flashdrives are even imcompatible with wii homebrew in general.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For testing of a few source code edits i'm going to make before sending on for possible pull request merging.
It's easier than tranfering newly built .dols to a usb/sd the each time for testing on the wii itself.

Dolphin gets stuck with
Code:
50:08:356 HW\MMIO.cpp:210 E[MI]: Trying to write 16 bits to an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8b420a, val=00000000)
50:08:357 HW\MMIO.cpp:201 E[MI]: Trying to read 32 bits from an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8005a0)
50:08:358 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE.cpp:372 W[WII_IPC_HLE]: Trying to open /dev/es as 0
50:08:359 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE_Device_es.cpp:1045 W[WII_IPC_ES]: CWII_IPC_HLE_Device_es: 0x1f

Set up an extra card for testing with a copy of Nintendont in the /apps/ folder then use wiiload to send your test dols to the HBC to start. You can just leave the card in there while you're testing so it has something to write to.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Set up an extra card for testing with a copy of Nintendont in the /apps/ folder then use wiiload to send your test dols to the HBC to start. You can just leave the card in there while you're testing so it has something to write to.
Thanks

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
50:08:356 HW\MMIO.cpp:210 E[MI]: Trying to write 16 bits to an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8b420a, val=00000000)
50:08:357 HW\MMIO.cpp:201 E[MI]: Trying to read 32 bits from an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8005a0)
50:08:358 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE.cpp:372 W[WII_IPC_HLE]: Trying to open /dev/es as 0
50:08:359 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE_Device_es.cpp:1045 W[WII_IPC_ES]: CWII_IPC_HLE_Device_es: 0x1f
  • 0x0D8B420A is MEMPROT, used to disable memory protection on IOS.
  • 0x0D8005A0 is the Wii U identification address. On Wii U (vWii), the high 16 bits of that DWORD contains 0xCAFE. (On Wii, it doesn't.)
The second one can be ignored, but the first one fails because Dolphin doesn't actually emulate the ARM CPU. IOS syscalls are emulated using native code. This prevents Nintendont from patching IOS, since there's nothing to patch. (That's why the following /dev/es syscalls fail.)

EDIT: You can use wiiload to load the Nintendont executable over the network. It's more convenient than copying to SD/USB.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
there is no tool designed for nintendont since it uses the fat32 default stuff, well tbh windows formater without having fast format cheked should do the trick, your usb might give you troubles not becuase its corrupted but becuase its imcompatible with nintendont usb code, some flashdrives are even imcompatible with wii homebrew in general.

My issue can't be incompatibility because all the usbs are the same model, Toshiba usbs (two 16GB, two 32GB), and one of the 32 gb and both of the 16gb have been working flawlessly (The other 32GB I bought it today) until I started to use them with Windows 7, that's when the usb problems started.

I formated one of the 32GB usb Drive (Fat32, 32KB Cluster) without fast format using the windows formater and I still got black screens or freezes. Then I tried to format the ush again using the EeaseUS tool, and when I tried to boot up a game (F-Zero GX PAL, which was working on these usbs before) I got a black screen with this text:

"An error has occurred. Shut off the console and consult the instruction manual of the Nintendo Gamecube". This USB is new bought today and it's the same model that I've been using for years.

This happened right before loading the racing track, on the main menu it was working.

This issue is starting to piss me off.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question, where's the Version info Stored, which you can see in the loader. Is it in the source, or otherwise?

EDIT:

I am making a Mod (For Personal use):

0xFy3EF.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
Reactions: sonictopfan

isli

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the no official gamecube controller adapter. Its wh-046 model, is it compatible with nintendont? How could I do it? do I have to do any special to get it work?

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I have the no official gamecube controller adapter. Its wh-046 model, is it compatible with nintendont? How could I do it? do I have to do any special to get it work?
As long as it has the Same Control layout, it should work. Nintendont should map it automatically.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Quick Question, where's the Version info Stored, which you can see in the loader. Is it in the source, or otherwise?

EDIT:

I am making a Mod (For Personal use):

0xFy3EF.jpg
version info can be fount in \trunk\common\include\NintendontVersion.h
what's your mod about btw? if you like themes check mine in my sig

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
version info can be fount in \trunk\common\include\NintendontVersion.h
what's your mod about btw? if you like themes check mine in my sig
Thanks, my mod is just some Modifications to the Emulation, adding a few features, etc. Right now, it's just for personal use. Might as well sharpen up my C++ Skills.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My issue can't be incompatibility because all the usbs are the same model, Toshiba usbs (two 16GB, two 32GB), and one of the 32 gb and both of the 16gb have been working flawlessly (The other 32GB I bought it today) until I started to use them with Windows 7, that's when the usb problems started.

I formated one of the 32GB usb Drive (Fat32, 32KB Cluster) without fast format using the windows formater and I still got black screens or freezes. Then I tried to format the ush again using the EeaseUS tool, and when I tried to boot up a game (F-Zero GX PAL, which was working on these usbs before) I got a black screen with this text:

"An error has occurred. Shut off the console and consult the instruction manual of the Nintendo Gamecube". This USB is new bought today and it's the same model that I've been using for years.

This happened right before loading the racing track, on the main menu it was working.

This issue is starting to piss me off.
well no idea maybe it has some diferent code jsut becuase its the same brand doesnt mean it uses the same exact codding on it who knows.

CyberMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont
• Method2
For this method, you need an existing memory card image created by Nintendont. Launch the game you want to play at least one time with "Memory Card Emulation" option enabled.
Then use Dolphin emulator's Memory card manager to move the savegame you want from your GCMM raw dump or from a .gci file into the Nintendont memory card.

Can you add this link to your Method2 under Savegames? It's just a link containing more information about the conversion process from .gci to .raw using Dolphin.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OHMYGODATLASTIGOTITWORKING

Its running F-Zero. I'm racing. oh god...

After trying everything I thought to do, I got the usb to have the correct format at long fucking last. Each time I tried to format the damn USB, it gave me different values compared to the USB that was working fine.

Different "Sectors per FAT", "First Data Sector" etc...

So I went and just by sheer desesperation I deleted the entire usb with EaseUS, leaving the device with no format, all being unallocated space.

After that, I gave it a format in Fat 32, but I couldn't choose the cluster. After formatting it the first, time, I did it again this time being able to give it the 32kb cluster.

After all that, the USB has the same format values as the working usb I have. And now it works. Or at the very least I'm playing without problems yet.

How much I despise computers sometimes, lol.

I need to try the same thing with the 32GB that wasn't working...

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm falling down at the simplest of things, I can't even add a dummy option header with a few selectable items with no linked function,
scratches head, this doesn't bode well :-(

Code:
In file included from k:/devkitPro/Nintendon-t/Nintendont.git/trunk/loader/source/menu.c:41:0:
k:/devkitPro/Nintendon-t/Nintendont.git/trunk/loader/source/../../common/include/CommonConfigStrings.h:61:21: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'DummyStrings'
const char* Untitled DummyStrings[] =
  ^
make[1]: *** [menu.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm falling down at the simplest of things, I can't even add a dummy option header with a few selectable items with no linked function,
scratches head, this doesn't bode well :-(

Code:
In file included from k:/devkitPro/Nintendon-t/Nintendont.git/trunk/loader/source/menu.c:41:0:
k:/devkitPro/Nintendon-t/Nintendont.git/trunk/loader/source/../../common/include/CommonConfigStrings.h:61:21: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'DummyStrings'
const char* Untitled DummyStrings[] =
  ^
make[1]: *** [menu.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

That's not a valid variable name. It has to be one word. "Untitled_DummyStrings" would work.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
With Wiiload I get a stack dump error as soon as it tries to check storage devices,
uploading to the SDCard instead and running through the HC works fine though :-)
122hfub.jpg

Last edited by ned,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With Wiiload I get a stack dump error as soon as it tries to check storage devices,
uploading to the SDCard instead and running through the HC works fine though :-)
122hfub.jpg
guessing that is a bug or something tbh i think nintendont needs the xml and stuff the dol itself cant load own its own trough wiiload so maybe thats why? also i see alot of forced stuff there lol some games might not like forced widescreen,progressive combo and pal games some of them are imcompatible with force ntsc videomode.

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story