Hacking Nintendont

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
USA. I doubt this is a problem with Nintendont, I really think is this computer because the problems started using it, and that's why ask about it instead.

Heck, if you want to try the mod to see if it works you have a link here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2859/

But I already know it works because I played it from beginning to end 4 damn times to test it xD.

How do you insert games on your usb/hdd, step by step? Because I never had a problem on Windows XP, I always used DMLConv and never and issue; but maybe I need to do it in a different way with Windows 7.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
USA. I doubt this is a problem with Nintendont, I really think is this computer because the problems started using it, and that's why ask about it instead.

Heck, if you want to try the mod to see if it works you have a link here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2859/

But I already know it works because I played it from beginning to end 4 damn times to test it xD.

How do you insert games on your usb/hdd, step by step? Because I never had a problem on Windows XP, I always used DMLConv and never and issue; but maybe I need to do it in a different way with Windows 7.
i just grab the iso and drop it into the usb lol no program needed its jsut drag and drop into the games folder, no idea why you must use DM to drop an iso into an usb lol.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I didn't need it, dropping the iso worked too, I just used it because that's the way I learnt to do it first, and I could save space.

EDIT:
Okay something weird is going on with this crappy computer, I tried to drop another game (Lego Star Wars) clean 1:1 ISO, NTSC version, and also gave me black screen.

I seriously don't understand anything.

Last edited by Maeson,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't need it, dropping the iso worked too, I just used it because that's the way I learnt to do it first, and I could save space.

EDIT:
Okay something weird is going on with this crappy computer, I tried to drop another game (Lego Star Wars) clean 1:1 ISO, NTSC version, and also gave me black screen.

maybe your usb is dieying or something and when you take out the usb it corrupts the files

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That could be possible, but would that happen to several usb's at the same time?

Could it be that one of the usb connections from the laptop is defective?

I'll try GCVerify. I'm transfering an ISO right now.

EDIT: Holy fuck, black screen again. Batman Vengeance, NTSC.

The MD5 of the Dump is the correct one that REDUMP.org has. And the Game.iso on the USB has the very same MD5 that have both the DUMP on my computer, and REDUMP.org

What the hell.

EDIT2: Okay, an older boot.dol I had (3373) boots Batman Vengeance. I'm playing it right now, seems to work well. Could all this be a problem from the Boot.dol after all? I still need to check on Skies of Arcadia, the game that worries me the most because of my mod.

Lol, the Batman game has "Spanish" language, but part of it is in italian. What the fuck xD.

EDIT3: Both clean and Mod Skies of Arcadia boot correctly and play fine with the 3373 Boot.dol, and the Lego game too. Right now is running my mod, and everything is fine.

Could be that the latest Nintendont release has a problem? At least seems that this crappy computer is not to blame after all...

Last edited by Maeson,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, I've been looking a little more.

I did update Nintendont via downloading Launcher.dol on my computer and transsefing it on my SD. For some reason that caused to not load any game, always getting black screen all this time.

Then I made a second Nintendont folder with the older version I had (3373) trying several games and everything worked. After that I went back to the 4419 version and updated it through my Wii.

After that, the actual version works as intended.

I don't know why that happened but whatever, at least now I can still play GC games and keep testing/playing/fixing my mod.

Thanks for all the answers.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

EDIT:

Seems to me your USB drive may be wearing off.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Edited - I misread, i'm sorry.

The card reader on this computer works fine, and I update files from time to time with no problem (For example to update mGBA or Genplus GX, or the several rom hacks I make for testing purposes) and has no problems, but yeah, I have one of those things too.

It's less fancy but does the job pretty well, precisely I bought it for the SD of my Wii, as my older computer didn't have one integrated.

I don't know what caused the "bad file" issue, though. Maybe the web browser downloaded it wrong, maybe it was the transfer to the SD...

Last edited by Maeson, , Reason: I'm stupid and misread.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Edited - I misread, i'm sorry.

The card reader on this computer works fine, and I update files from time to time with no problem (For example to update mGBA or Genplus GX, or the several rom hacks I make for testing purposes) and has no problems, but yeah, I have one of those things too.

It's less fancy but does the job pretty well, precisely I bought it for the SD of my Wii, as my older computer didn't have one integrated.

I don't know what caused the "bad file" issue, though. Maybe the web browser downloaded it wrong, maybe it was the transfer to the SD...
yeah probably some very rar bad file from the brower somehow.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Probably, wouldn't be the first time it happened to me.
Again, thank you for all your answers, I've been trying again and everything seems to work fine.

For a moment I thought I couldn't work on the mod again, which is kinda scary in case I have to fix something because I couldn't be able to test it.

I was surprised to see that Nintendont was able to play a modded game without problems the first time, too. No the only one, I also tinkered with Fire Emblem 9 and it loads a modded game too, which I find really cool.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to test Nintendon't via Dolphin? I installed the following .wads
into Dolphin and Nintendon't stays forever on initializing ios58

RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v514.wad
Boot2-NUS-4.wad
IOS58-64-6176.wad
RVL-bc-6.wad
RVL-mios-10.wad

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to test Nintendon't via Dolphin? I installed the following .wads
into Dolphin and Nintendon't stays forever on initializing ios58

RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v514.wad
Boot2-NUS-4.wad
IOS58-64-6176.wad
RVL-bc-6.wad
RVL-mios-10.wad
why are you instaling mios? nintendont doesnt use mios, also i dont think nintendont will ever work on dolphin due to being semi native, but dolphin plays GC games natively so why do you even need to use nintendont?

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
why are you instaling mios? nintendont doesnt use mios, also i dont think nintendont will ever work on dolphin due to being semi native, but dolphin plays GC games natively so why do you even need to use nintendont?

For testing of a few source code edits i'm going to make before sending on for possible pull request merging.
It's easier than tranfering newly built .dols to a usb/sd the each time for testing on the wii itself.

Dolphin gets stuck with
Code:
50:08:356 HW\MMIO.cpp:210 E[MI]: Trying to write 16 bits to an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8b420a, val=00000000)
50:08:357 HW\MMIO.cpp:201 E[MI]: Trying to read 32 bits from an invalid MMIO (addr=0d8005a0)
50:08:358 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE.cpp:372 W[WII_IPC_HLE]: Trying to open /dev/es as 0
50:08:359 IPC_HLE\WII_IPC_HLE_Device_es.cpp:1045 W[WII_IPC_ES]: CWII_IPC_HLE_Device_es: 0x1f

Last edited by ned,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I have a new question, this one is much simpler:

I've been trying different usbs, one of them is giving me problems (The games freeze or stay in black screen) while the others load fine the same exact isos.

But when I check the supposedly defective USB, chkflsh says it has no errors.

Question is: is there a program or way to see if it's really defective? Could use that usb for anything else; like store other files?

Also: What's the best way to format a new usb for Nintendont? I already know its Fat32, 32kb Cluster (Although I don't know if 64 is better), but is there a tool designed for it or I can use any method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess