Hacking Nintendont

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay so I did put Nintendont in my SD card. everything works perfectly. homebrew channel etc

though the problem is in nintendont itself. i did create a folder called "games" for my external HDD and created other folder with the wind waker thing then renamed the iso of wind waker as game.iso

nintendont asks which option to use, i select USB, and then it says there is no games folder. wish i could take a screenshot but i think its pretty self-explanatory.

any tips on this guys?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking but after reading Fix post I have a doubt, Nintendont only supports using disc in old Wii's? Or we can use burned disc/retail in the newer ones? Again, sorry for the noob question. Maybe my English is betraying me.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I did put Nintendont in my SD card. everything works perfectly. homebrew channel etc

though the problem is in nintendont itself. i did create a folder called "games" for my external HDD and created other folder with the wind waker thing then renamed the iso of wind waker as game.iso

nintendont asks which option to use, i select USB, and then it says there is no games folder. wish i could take a screenshot but i think its pretty self-explanatory.

any tips on this guys?
Just put nintendont and all the HBC apps in the HDD it's easier

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

any tips on this guys?

Make sure the game.iso is not named game.iso.iso as that can happen when using Windows.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

any tips on this guys?
so your game is something like this

USB/games/wind waker/game.iso ?

if so make sure its not iso.iso since windows hides extensions.

Sorry for asking but after reading Fix post I have a doubt, Nintendont only supports using disc in old Wii's? Or we can use burned disc/retail in the newer ones? Again, sorry for the noob question. Maybe my English is betraying me.
newer wiis usualy dont read dvsds sadly.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Baten Kaitos Origins works like a charm, thank you very much again! =)

I got a question: How can I get the game to run in Fullscreen? Widescreen patch does not seem to work.. hm.

By the way, someone wrote that Baten Kaitos 1 PAL does not work? Will test it right away.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan

Mistake on the OP

L+R+Z+Start is only the combination for the gamecube controller adapter. (L+R+B+DpadDown was not supportable in HIDtest)

The power combination must be created with values that share the same offset

Example:

Power=3,0F

All 4 buttons (L+R+Z+Start) all happen on offset 3. If you press all four buttons down at once then the value of offset 3 becomes 0F.

I hope this helps the OP be a bit clearer

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so your game is something like this

USB/games/wind waker/game.iso ?

if so make sure its not iso.iso since windows hides extensions.

nope, normal. game. and yes, USB:/games/Wind Waker [something]/game.iso

i have a larger SD card of 16 gb, (the current one is 2GB x'D) so id guess i will put the game there and format it to fat32 etc

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope, normal. game. and yes, USB:/games/Wind Waker [something]/game.iso

i have a larger SD card of 16 gb, (the current one is 2GB x'D) so id guess i will put the game there and format it to fat32 etc

Did you try another game?
Also, delete any special character in the folder name..nintendont has a problem with some

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello
maybe fragmentation was your problem, it never knew this factor could be such important; i remember it was very essential in the playsation2 hack...:huh:

I want to report that i used the software deffragler on my FAT32 partition and i found that my F-Zero GX PAL backup was fragmented, after defragmented it, now it works flawlessy.

Nothing elses is fragmented, but my Baten Kaitos PAL DISC1 backup still goes blackscreen and/or shutdown the wii at launch.
Tested my copy with the newest version - everything is working great with Baten Kaitos.

My problem stays that every game is 4:3 for whatever reason now. :mellow:

Maybe some people will enjoy this small addition:
-added option for wiiu widescreen, if its off your wiiu will resize the picture to be 4:3 and if its on it'll stretch the picture to fullscreen

Oh.. where is this option?

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
worked with the 16 gb card. hmm maybe there's something wrong with the hdd? 'cause the path in the hdd is the same as the sd card

well anyways the game is working at least, why to fix it when its working?, now i just need to wait for my gamecube controller :P

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
can this option be on by default, it's forcing 4:3 on all wiiu's when usb loaders are used!
why have 4:3 as the rule when it's the exception?

rev258:
added option for wiiu widescreen, if its off your wiiu will resize the picture
to be 4:3 and if its on it'll stretch the picture to fullscreen

maybe call it: NIN_CFG_WIIU_43 // 1 for 4:3 & 0 is off default = widescreen

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked with the 16 gb card. hmm maybe there's something wrong with the hdd? 'cause the path in the hdd is the same as the sd card

well anyways the game is working at least, why to fix it when its working?, now i just need to wait for my gamecube controller :P
Maybe your HDD doesn't receive enough power from the USB

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe your HDD doesn't receive enough power from the USB

hmm i dont think so, as i already used wii backup manager with that exact same hdd and it works perfectly fine. aside from some graphical glitches in twilight princess wii (just resetting the wii worked) everything worked fine.

er, i dont know if wii backup manager is the same thing as putting a game in usb:\games etc.. but i guess i can compare?

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Nice job Fix!! (and everyone else who contributed)

Not trying to ask for too much, but will it be possible soon to download and use covers with Nintendont, and have gamer card support for Wiinnertag and DUTag?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok