Hacking Nintendont

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get gp2 to be completely stable so I'll just commit what I have:
-cleaned up and optimized audio streaming code, that made it possible to remove the AIInitDMA patch completely
-removed DVDInquiryAsync patch and replaced it with a proper low level one, this lets mario kart gp2 boot
-optimized triforce EXI interrupt code, helps mario kart gp2 to get a bit more stable, please note that it still freezes pretty often on the camera screen
I tried GP2 with the previous rev and it worked great... until I lost the race and the credits ran out. I thought they were supposed to be infinite.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried GP2 with the previous rev and it worked great... until I lost the race and the credits ran out. I thought they were supposed to be infinite.
credits are buggy even on gp1 they randomly work or not but yeah gp2 on the latest rev also randomly works you need luck to pass the camera screen but once you do if you dont loose you can play the entire cup :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
v2.227
Fix Entry load cache invalidation.
This was causing PSO 1&2P/III EXIImm issue, so removed the patch for that.
Commented out 31A0 patch until we know of a case where it's needed.

While I was working on something else, I found an issue with entry load caching invalidation. This was the underlying cause of one of the two EmuMemCard hacks for PSO I made.
The caching invalidation might have been causing several strange problems.
when removing the pso patches nightfire deep descent mission started blacscreening when choosed, i tyred enabling the patch31A0 but that didnt apply to nightfire so i did a compare and it seems nightfire deep descent mission needs those pso patches you made added back in to work
https://www.diffchecker.com/9qbxqsls

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
What should i do about nintendont? the past 6 revisions haven't worked for me they keep hanging at Init DI but the versions before it work fully.

Am i doing anything wrong? the games are named _______________ [GX__] (Name then code, no symbols or special characters.)

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
What should i do about nintendont? the past 6 revisions haven't worked for me they keep hanging at Init DI but the versions before it work fully.

Am i doing anything wrong? the games are named _______________ [GX__] (Name then code, no symbols or special characters.)
Why is it hanging?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it hangs when loading a game its probably becuase your usb drive doesnt like the fat code nintendont uses not much can be done than formating it and change cluster sizes or try another usb device.
Fix reverted the fatfs change in the last rev. So it should work again.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There in games/gamename(gameid)/game.iso is it wise to do capital letters or not?

The name really doesnt matter at all I have capital letters, [], sometimes even ! in my names and no issues.

Also this just happend to me in MKDD, this blue shell completely missed, I hope that just was the game breaking and not nintendont lol:

Reactions: MassiveRican

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name really doesnt matter at all I have capital letters, [], sometimes even ! in my names and no issues.

Also this just happend to me in MKDD, this blue shell completely missed, I hope that just was the game breaking and not nintendont lol:

DAFUK, it should blown you in mid air after the jump. Nintendo please lol

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol I don't think you have to worry, this is one of the only games I have running through Nintendont and I have yet to come across this glitch (though that is hilarious!)

EDIT: The only thing that I've ever experienced that is not 1:1 to the original game in Nintendont with MKDD is that in the opening cutscene, it tends to drop a few frames here and there. Its a tiny thing that does not need to be fixed, and it may even just be my .iso (I removed the junk data). I really want to say thank you for making probably the best and most useful homebrew application for the Wii U to date (heck, maybe even anything to date!)

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.242
-Remove second PSO memcard emu hack. This was also made unnecessary by r227.
-Add support for Datel AGP disc. This disc does not use the Nintendo SDK, so many functions are done in different ways and have different patterns. Currently only supports Native SI and MemcardEmu off. The actual hardware reading is not yet functional.

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMFG!!!

FIX94

Smugglers Run Warzones is working!!!!! Man, you fixed it!!!!

EDIT: It boots, the audio is garbled and freezes after a while, but at least it boots now!

Resident Evil 0 still freezes without native controls, Virtua Striker 2002 doesn't even get to the main menu, freezing on Nintendont at Init memcard, Xmen still has the same issues and other games work as intended.

I've updated the compatibility list with this info.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OMFG!!!

FIX94

Smugglers Run Warzones is working!!!!! Man, you fixed it!!!!

EDIT: It boots, the audio is garbled and freezes after a while, but at least it boots now!

Resident Evil 0 still freezes without native controls, Virtua Striker 2002 doesn't even get to the main menu, freezing on Nintendont at Init memcard, Xmen still has the same issues and other games work as intended.

I've updated the compatibility list with this info.
Looking forward for the RE 0 fix, :P

Reactions: darkseekerliu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it +1