Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hello send0r, I wanted first of all to thank you for your work, I use nintendont a lot with wiiflow and is nice to have it updated. Second, I use mastermod oct 2016 version (the last one), and it has something that I love, when I load a game from wiiflow, it just starts directly to it without showing anything of nintendont, like an actual gamecube would do, well I think it shows a banner load screen but I just replaced it with a black screen, I love simplicity. But of course mastermod one is not up to date.
The fact is that I saw your mod, which is updated, again thank you, but when I replace the old boot.dol from yours, and launch a game, it autoboots but it shows nintendont autoboot screen, which I dont like at all. Is there any chances to avoid that? Just having and nice and clean black transition till the gamecube animation intro starts? Thank you.

Hey, thanks dir your Feedback :) You can fix this by either deleting the black picture, renaming it to background.png or NinBlack.png. Guess I have to do a better write up on which name does what. Please tell me if this worked for you:)
Also just because I’m curious: could you tell me the file name of your picture before renaming it?
Thanks in adacence :)

Btw, that game specific loading themes which you talk about sounds stunning, maybe I even prefer that to an black screen, but I still want to be able to have an black screen transition with all my energy.

Actually this is a feature of MasterMod, too, which is currently missing. For some reasons, constructing the correct filenames doesn’t work as expected. But you’ll read it once I figure out why :)

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No send0r that does definetly not work, I had it named to NinBlack.png, so I tried to change it to background.png and it didnt work, and then I deleted it and again it didnt work. Just to be clear, the problem is that with your nintendont, the autoboot screen apeears, so you can see text, background, and things ("press b to cancel autoboot). I dont want that, I want it just like with mastermod, with mastermod once I have launched the game, all is black until the game starts, no autoboot screen at all (despite the fact that there is autoboot and you can cancel but you see all black). I remember that with wiiflow lite, I could do this even with the official newer nintendont, but with wiiflow mastermod, only works with its nintendont.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok hmm this Sounds like something I did in an older build, but changed it to be like mastermod. Could you redownload my mod and try again? I will test it too once I get home after work.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I Downloaded the version I provide on my website and tested booting from Wii U menu, nintendont itself, usbloader gx and wii flow lite. Everything works as expected here. The screen is always black even when booting the game from inside nintendont. No nintendont game loading text...
I couldn’t find a working link for wii flow master mod so I couldn’t test this one out.

So lets try to find out where this problem comes from :)
What does nintendont show on built date if you cancel autoboot by pressing b? My mod was built on January 27 2018 16:08:59.

Could you take a photo of the stuff nintendont shows on the display when autobooting a game?

Last edited by send0r,

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so it Looks like wiiflow mastermod uses another way to tell nintendont how to boot games. Could you test out the build i uploaded to test.send0r.de? Hopefully I didn’t brake anything. I’ll test it out too once I’m home :)

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay I tested your build, it throws me this exception:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VMyHi77q7d2kysXDdlqEpk53M8lz0JLA
I've tried many times with pal and usa games and always the same, a few seconds in black like normal, and by the time it would be launching the gamecube intro it throws the exception and then returns back to wiiflow, at least not autoboot screen :rofl:

Last edited by arturogalaxy,

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, it is the first time i listen about this mod.Excuse me if the question has been answer already ,but i would love know if i can play Super mario Sunshine using motion control for the camera.(Maybe using dualshock 3,wiimote+nunckuk or other..) .Thanks

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I tested your build, it throws me this exception:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VMyHi77q7d2kysXDdlqEpk53M8lz0JLA
I've tried many times with pal and usa games and always the same, a few seconds in black like normal, and by the time it would be launching the gamecube intro it throws the exception and then returns back to wiiflow, at least not autoboot screen :rofl:

Yeah, interestingly booting through Wii U menu just works fine. I’ll do some more tests tomorrow. Have to sleep now. This is very interesting :D

Hello, it is the first time i listen about this mod.Excuse me if the question has been answer already ,but i would love know if i can play Super mario Sunshine using motion control for the camera.(Maybe using dualshock 3,wiimote+nunckuk or other..) .Thanks

Hmm no sorry this mod just has cosmetical changes. I don’t know if this would even be possible to be honest...

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
It could be kind of possible would need a lot of work and wouldn't be worth doing as it be hard also you would need to map accelerometer as a right thumbstick (hence I'm sure it's right thumbstick for camera in Mario sunshine)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: send0r

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, interestingly booting through Wii U menu just works fine. I’ll do some more tests tomorrow. Have to sleep now. This is very interesting :D

Nice!

In fact I notice that you can press B and cancel autoboot, (so until that is working good), and if you do this is how nintendont shows:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m35Io2jcFNiWN4zizdRVg-edwwoXpkrP
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vb2ImGyAmR1hjFwFhsCyKkcOGrzy_O7q

only games in red shows, from that you can exit to wiiflow normally or load a game with crash.

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Awesome! It works perfectly! Btw I notice that you managed to show the bios on Pal without any problem, thats nice, it seems to me that maybe its even an animation not real bios? awesome.

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh one last question, do you know how could I do so that if I launch my wii U nintendont (wii U menu), it dont launch an autoboot if before I launched a game with wiiflow? is like if the autoboot were storaged when launching a game with wiiflow-nintendont, and then executed if I launch the Wii U nintendont, but they are separated nintendonts, mine (boot.dol) is in fact installed in the own forwarder and I would like to avoid autoboot in order to choose first the game without pressing B

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome! It works perfectly! Btw I notice that you managed to show the bios on Pal without any problem, thats nice, it seems to me that maybe its even an animation not real bios? awesome.

Nice to hear that :D
Yes this animation is the original mod made by mr mysterio. Originally I just was the guy who kept it up to date.

Oh one last question, do you know how could I do so that if I launch my wii U nintendont (wii U menu), it dont launch an autoboot if before I launched a game with wiiflow? is like if the autoboot were storaged when launching a game with wiiflow-nintendont, and then executed if I launch the Wii U nintendont, but they are separated nintendonts, mine (boot.dol) is in fact installed in the own forwarder and I would like to avoid autoboot in order to choose first the game without pressing B

This happens because of how wiiflow mastermod launches nintendont. I have the theory that it writes to the config of nintendont. To permanently stop it you would need to either delete your nintendont config or press b and disable autoboot everytime after you started nintendont with wiiflow mastermod

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hum... I know, I remember when I had wiiflow lite installed by november it didnt happened like if they managed to separate both settings, well, its not a big deal. :rofl:

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Actually they did. When launching over Wii flow lite, usbloader gx or the Wii U menu nintendont gets some arguments passed over as a temporary config. What wiiflow mastermod does is kinda a rude method :P

Reactions: arturogalaxy

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
It could be kind of possible would need a lot of work and wouldn't be worth doing as it be hard also you would need to map accelerometer as a right thumbstick (hence I'm sure it's right thumbstick for camera in Mario sunshine)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks.I had explained bad but it seem it is no easy .I wanna said use the motion control for use the FLUDD with it (as on Splatton or Splatoon 2 the guns)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to set up my gamecube stuff again, unable to find banners and game loading screens. Anyone have the complete set and nice enough to hook me up? Thanks in advance :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-