Hacking Nintendon't save issue, memory keeps reset

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a problem. I am starting several games, like mario kart or tales of symphonia after first having started nintendont via the homebrew channel or the forwarder channel, and enabling memory card emulation with 500 blocks.

Now when I start a game it asks for format as corrupted etc. Fine thats normal right, so I format it and I will probably be able to save .
Then I reboot the wii and start usb loader GX and it says inserts memory card!
Somehow it is not remembering my memory cards, and thus I am unable to play at all :(
Don't have a real memory card and don't want one, this issue can be surely fixed?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In usbloader did you change the memory card settings? It will not know what you set in nintendont. Aftet your memory card is setup in usb loader I would not recommend loading GameCube games from another channel. Pick one and go with it.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try later. I didn't do anything with the memory card settings in usb loader..

You're saying launch nintendont either directly via forwarder/homebrew channel or either the usb loader and stick with it?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, nintendont and usbloader both have their own settings for memory cards. Switching between launching from usbloader and nintendont could cause issues with your save files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz it overcharges
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: cuz it overcharges