Nintendon't save issue, memory keeps reset

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Chrisssj2, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Got a problem. I am starting several games, like mario kart or tales of symphonia after first having started nintendont via the homebrew channel or the forwarder channel, and enabling memory card emulation with 500 blocks.

Now when I start a game it asks for format as corrupted etc. Fine thats normal right, so I format it and I will probably be able to save .
    Then I reboot the wii and start usb loader GX and it says inserts memory card!
    Somehow it is not remembering my memory cards, and thus I am unable to play at all :(
    Don't have a real memory card and don't want one, this issue can be surely fixed?

2. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Bump

3. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    In usbloader did you change the memory card settings? It will not know what you set in nintendont. Aftet your memory card is setup in usb loader I would not recommend loading GameCube games from another channel. Pick one and go with it.

4. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I will try later. I didn't do anything with the memory card settings in usb loader..

You're saying launch nintendont either directly via forwarder/homebrew channel or either the usb loader and stick with it?

5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Yes, nintendont and usbloader both have their own settings for memory cards. Switching between launching from usbloader and nintendont could cause issues with your save files.