Emulation Nintendont freezing when loading game

edde479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just downloaded a couple of GC games from Wii U USB Helper to the sd card and installed them with wup installer. When it prompted me to prepare the SD card I did so. It then installed Nintendont version 6.something because you seem to need it to run GC games ;). However when I start my CFW app and load up a game, by pressing the icon in the Wii U menu, Nintendont freezes at "2048 of 2048 KiB written". I'm using the Gamepad but I also tested it without it (with Wii remote) and no change in result. Before I homebrewed my Wii U I had it installed for the vWii and it worked perfectly.

Why do I get this error message?

edde479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
*bump*

Nobody have any idea how to solve this? I would pretty much like to play GC games "via" Wii U Menu...

edde479

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello

Visit this very good guide ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

thanks to TeconMoon for this guide.

Sorry but that doesn't help me with my problem. The initial problem still persists...
Read the first post again: "Nintendont freezes at "2048 of 2048 KiB written" ". That is my problem. I've tried reinstalling Nintendont with no success and checking the SD card for any failure in hardware; nothing there either. I do not know how I may solve this problem!!??

Foodchain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but that doesn't help me with my problem. The initial problem still persists...
Read the first post again: "Nintendont freezes at "2048 of 2048 KiB written" ". That is my problem. I've tried reinstalling Nintendont with no success and checking the SD card for any failure in hardware; nothing there either. I do not know how I may solve this problem!!??

I have the same issue when launching a gamecube game that was packaged with Teconmoon's injector. I have some suspicions about what it could be, but I haven't really messed around with it much yet. My theory is it has something to do with USB devices. If you don't have any USB devices (like controllers) plugged into your WiiU, then it might be the hard drive. If you installed the inject to a USB hard drive then obviously removing the hard drive before launching it isn't an option. Try installing a version of Nintendont. Back up the boot.dol, meta.xml, icon.png, etc on your SD Card, and replace them with a build from around September 2019. I can't link it here due to this being a new account, but just go to the nintendont git repo, click on commits, and scroll down to the commit from September 14, 2019 and download it from there. See if using an older version fixes the issue.

I haven't tried this myself, but the only two things that changed between when I had it working and when I had the same issue you describe was

1) I plugged in a WiiU -> Gamecube adapter into my front 2 USB ports
2) I updated Nintendont

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Foodchain,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can't actually download GC games with Wii U USB Helper. It just creates the forwarder for you, you still need to have the ISO of the game.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Foodchain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same issue when launching a gamecube game that was packaged with Teconmoon's injector. I have some suspicions about what it could be, but I haven't really messed around with it much yet. My theory is it has something to do with USB devices. If you don't have any USB devices (like controllers) plugged into your WiiU, then it might be the hard drive. If you installed the inject to a USB hard drive then obviously removing the hard drive before launching it isn't an option. Try installing a version of Nintendont. Back up the boot.dol, meta.xml, icon.png, etc on your SD Card, and replace them with a build from around September 2019. I can't link it here due to this being a new account, but just go to the nintendont git repo, click on commits, and scroll down to the commit from September 14, 2019 and download it from there. See if using an older version fixes the issue.

I haven't tried this myself, but the only two things that changed between when I had it working and when I had the same issue you describe was

1) I plugged in a WiiU -> Gamecube adapter into my front 2 USB ports
2) I updated Nintendont

Let me know how it goes.

I had a moment to try it out myself, and using the build of Nintendont from September 14, 2019 works without issue when injecting the game via TeconMoon's injector. If replace it with the latest Nintendont, it hangs on the memory card creation/allocation screen. I don't know what the underlying issue is though. Anyway, try that out and see how it goes on yours. Assuming of course we're having the same issue.

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I wanted to implement a feature in Nintendont so I needed to figure out how to build it. I managed to get it to build but it freezes in the same manner described in this thread if I launch a game from usbloaderGX. If I launch Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel and then launch the game, it does not freeze and works properly. I managed to implement my feature and test it by launching from Nintendont directly.

I now have 2 builds of Nintendont on my sd card, the one from September 2019 which works with usbloaderGX and my personal build with my feature that is in a different directory so I can launch from homebrew channel directly, if I want to use this build.

In my attempt to figure out why it wasn't working from usbloaderGX I found this thread. I guess nobody figured out why this was happening - and the solution was just to use the September 2019 build ..

I am going to look through the commits to Nintendont and see if I can isolate the build that was working, and just put my changes there so I dont have to keep a version that works with usbloaderGX and a version that doesnt around. Maybe I can even isolate the commit that introduced the problem..

EDIT: so I found out which commit works and which one doesnt.
this commit works: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commit/f0694cd68c126ada84fda81307639b3d4e3f72e4
this commit doesnt: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commit/274699000ccf0b6b8e5fbb8a5cbb50a8272334f4

so i need to look through the code changes in that commit to isolate what exactly started causing this problem. There is some HID code changes in there..

Turns out this is all covered by a github issue: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/712

FINAL EDIT: I sort of found a fix for this. It is documented in that issue.

Last edited by geoGolem,

Foodchain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this fork fixes the issues, but I haven't personally tested it, because I'm using my own hacked up version of Nintendont that removes the gamepad from being forced as the player 1 controller. Maybe try it and confirm?

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a moment to try it out myself, and using the build of Nintendont from September 14, 2019 works without issue when injecting the game via TeconMoon's injector. If replace it with the latest Nintendont, it hangs on the memory card creation/allocation screen. I don't know what the underlying issue is though. Anyway, try that out and see how it goes on yours. Assuming of course we're having the same issue.
What I did was: Disconnecting any USB devices and changing the nintendont build to the September 2019 version and it worked.
Thank you @Foodchain you really helped me out there...
Thanks so much, disconnecting every USB that isn't my HDD solved the issue of Nintendont constantly freezing. Works with the latest version too.

ShadeXGaming76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was: Disconnecting any USB devices and changing the nintendont build to the September 2019 version and it worked.

Thank you @Foodchain you really helped me out there...
Did you have USB GX Loader with that if not can you send me the old edition of nintendont so that i can play my GC games just asking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof