1. edde479

OP edde479 Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    I just downloaded a couple of GC games from Wii U USB Helper to the sd card and installed them with wup installer. When it prompted me to prepare the SD card I did so. It then installed Nintendont version 6.something because you seem to need it to run GC games ;). However when I start my CFW app and load up a game, by pressing the icon in the Wii U menu, Nintendont freezes at "2048 of 2048 KiB written". I'm using the Gamepad but I also tested it without it (with Wii remote) and no change in result. Before I homebrewed my Wii U I had it installed for the vWii and it worked perfectly.

Why do I get this error message?

2. edde479

OP edde479 Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    *bump*

Nobody have any idea how to solve this? I would pretty much like to play GC games "via" Wii U Menu...

3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    alexander1970 likes this.
  4. edde479

OP edde479 Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Sorry but that doesn't help me with my problem. The initial problem still persists...
    Read the first post again: "Nintendont freezes at "2048 of 2048 KiB written" ". That is my problem. I've tried reinstalling Nintendont with no success and checking the SD card for any failure in hardware; nothing there either. I do not know how I may solve this problem!!??

5. Foodchain

Foodchain Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have the same issue when launching a gamecube game that was packaged with Teconmoon's injector. I have some suspicions about what it could be, but I haven't really messed around with it much yet. My theory is it has something to do with USB devices. If you don't have any USB devices (like controllers) plugged into your WiiU, then it might be the hard drive. If you installed the inject to a USB hard drive then obviously removing the hard drive before launching it isn't an option. Try installing a version of Nintendont. Back up the boot.dol, meta.xml, icon.png, etc on your SD Card, and replace them with a build from around September 2019. I can't link it here due to this being a new account, but just go to the nintendont git repo, click on commits, and scroll down to the commit from September 14, 2019 and download it from there. See if using an older version fixes the issue.

I haven't tried this myself, but the only two things that changed between when I had it working and when I had the same issue you describe was

1) I plugged in a WiiU -> Gamecube adapter into my front 2 USB ports
    2) I updated Nintendont

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    edde479 likes this.
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You can't actually download GC games with Wii U USB Helper. It just creates the forwarder for you, you still need to have the ISO of the game.

7. Foodchain

Foodchain Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I had a moment to try it out myself, and using the build of Nintendont from September 14, 2019 works without issue when injecting the game via TeconMoon's injector. If replace it with the latest Nintendont, it hangs on the memory card creation/allocation screen. I don't know what the underlying issue is though. Anyway, try that out and see how it goes on yours. Assuming of course we're having the same issue.

alexander1970 and edde479 like this.
  8. edde479

OP edde479 Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    What I did was: Disconnecting any USB devices and changing the nintendont build to the September 2019 version and it worked.

Thank you @Foodchain you really helped me out there...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, freezing, loading