Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I thought there were kiosks in the back of stores and whatnot lol

Looks like I was very wrong.
They USED to set up kiosks for all sorts of DS downloads, demo's and pokemon distro's, but it seems that they took a different approach with the 3DS.

I'm guessing they didn't want to put 3DS hardware in a kiosk, it's be a "waste", plus the DS kiosks were probably expensive too.

If they put a network named "!@#$mfÊweo0f´p3é~ç" for example, how we will find out?

Sniffing an original hotspot or connecting to it manually when you're at a Nintendo Zone location and noting down the name?

Reactions: 1 person

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't connect using my Android. I have a 3G/HSDPA connection.

My 3DS also says that Nintendo Zone is available here when I opened the tethering thing.

I changed the Network SSID to attwifi. Anything I'm supposed to to?

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows what network name does JPN Nintendo Network use? I have been searching for it on google but with no luck...
So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
McD
None of them work on JPN Nintendo Network. All of them returned as Error, unable to connect on my JPN 3DS :(
I think there are more stuff on JPN Nintendo Network & for now it seems like Nintendo Network is not IP Region Locked so if we can figure out what network name is used for JPN Nintendo Network, it may be possible for US 3DS to access JPN Nintendo Network.

BTW, JPN Nintendo Network can connect to attwifi

loco365

Trophies
XP
Couldn't you set up any router to do this then?
Yes.

I bet if someone took a sniffer to a location, we could get more SSID names to spoof. If I had one, I'd take it to a McDonalds and see what name they use there. I know their services run through Bell (In my city, assuming it's the same for all Canadian cities), so it might be different than AT&T (I assume that's where the SSID name came from.)

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't you set up any router to do this then?
Yes.

I bet if someone took a sniffer to a location, we could get more SSID names to spoof. If I had one, I'd take it to a McDonalds and see what name they use there. I know their services run through Bell (In my city, assuming it's the same for all Canadian cities), so it might be different than AT&T (I assume that's where the SSID name came from.)

You can try "Wayport_Access"
My JPN Nintendo Network manage to sucessfully connect to it and link me to the US Nintendo Network.

Source: http://www.mcdonalds.../free_wifi.html

I am still trying to figure out what SSID does JPN Nintendo Network use...

loco365

Trophies
XP
Ok, so Wayport_Access (It's case sensitive) does work, and attwifi. Has anyone found any more? Or is that all that is known? Perhaps someone should start a thread on the updates that Nintendo Zone gets now that we can access it from home.

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
A question: If I disable my router's security in order for this to work, can I change it back later right?

(Sorry for the noob question)

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
They USED to set up kiosks for all sorts of DS downloads, demo's and pokemon distro's, but it seems that they took a different approach with the 3DS.

I'm guessing they didn't want to put 3DS hardware in a kiosk, it's be a "waste", plus the DS kiosks were probably expensive too.

The ds download station hardware was nothing but a ds with cart designed to host roms. You can even download these roms for your flashcart and host them to non flashcard users

loco365

Trophies
XP
@[member='steve007']: We don't know yet the Best Buy SSID, but you just need a wireless internet connection. I don't think connection type or speed matters, but I could be wrong.

@[member='Mindzpeed']: Yes, you can set it back. If you want to make it easier, try setting up a guest network that you can disable/reenable at your discretion. That's how I set mine up so I just need to change the SSID and enable the network and BAM! Instant Nintendo Zone network. And when I am done with it, I just go and disable it.

This is really hard to do when you live in an apartment complex. I'm afraid of someone hijacking my internet.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Noobish question..I dont want to disable my routers security and I have a Linksys router which I connect to the main router...I i name the linksys attwifi and disable its security will it still work??

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it have to be channel 1? because I use channel 6 (I don't even know what it means, but I wouldn't want to mess anything up :/).

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
So,if I use JPN SSID it will redirect me to JPN network? Even if I have an US system?

I'm getting confused here :blink:

Yes, if you use a JPN SSID it will redirect you to a JPN network even if I have an US system.

Video Proof:

Notice the 3DS is a US system. Now the big problem is what SSID does JPN Nintendo Zone use?
So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
McD
Unfortunately none of them work. All of them returned as Error, unable to connect :(
There are more stuff on the JPN Nintendo Network so if we can figure out what network name is used for the JPN Nintendo Network, US 3DS will have access to more stuff & etc.

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My_Screenshot_91.png

TP-Link, TP-WR642G. I don't have encryption turned on, i use MAC filtering for alow devices in my LAN.
Will it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduyERGU5xg