Hacking Nintendo Zone in your own home!

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, thanks dbspanks, it works.

So,if I use JPN SSID it will redirect me to JPN network? Even if I have an US system?

I'm getting confused here :blink:

Yes, if you use a JPN SSID it will redirect you to a JPN network even if I have an US system.

Video Proof:
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MLMgH_2RNpM[/media]

Notice the 3DS is a US system. Now the big problem is what SSID does JPN Nintendo Zone use?
So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
McD
Unfortunately none of them work. All of them returned as Error, unable to connect :(
There are more stuff on the JPN Nintendo Network so if we can figure out what network name is used for the JPN Nintendo Network, US 3DS will have access to more stuff & etc.

Doubt it, since I'm using the American SSID (attwifi), and it goes into the European nintendo zone (which is pretty empty, all it says is "coming soon" in the top screen, and some info about it in the bottom screen).
I'll try changing my country in the settings and look if it changes anything.

EDIT: there's no USA option in the region selection :/ I guess it really is impossible.

EDIT2: just changed the region to Australia, and after going into nintendo zone (after enetring the eShop, as it requirs it for some reason), it actullay shows a few things. There's a M3DL trivia, and some videos.

Reactions: 1 person

whofan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Lol: http://dsdl.nintendowifi.net/

Anyways... The european nintendo zone seems to be region locked. I tried routing the traffic through a US vpn and it still went to the "Coming soon" screen.
DNS spoofing might be worth a try, but I suspect the certificates are different for the US and EU zones. (just like they are for nintendo video)

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So,if I use JPN SSID it will redirect me to JPN network? Even if I have an US system?

Yes, if you use a JPN SSID it will redirect you to a JPN network even if I have an US system.

Video Proof:

Notice the 3DS is a US system. Now the big problem is what SSID does JPN Nintendo Zone use?
So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
McD
Unfortunately none of them work. All of them returned as Error, unable to connect :(
There are more stuff on the JPN Nintendo Network so if we can figure out what network name is used for the JPN Nintendo Network, US 3DS will have access to more stuff & etc.

Holy S***! If we get the Japanese one....we get their demos as well once nintendo uploads them on the zone! that would be awesome (if only the 3ds wasn't region locked gahh!). unless it doesnt work this way haha. *gets less hyped*

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Great, thanks dbspanks, it works.

Video Proof:

So far I have tried:
mobilepoint
7SPOT
Freespot
McD

Doubt it, since I'm using the American SSID (attwifi), and it goes into the European nintendo zone (which is pretty empty, all it says is "coming soon" in the top screen, and some info about it in the bottom screen).
I'll try changing my country in the settings and look if it changes anything.

EDIT: there's no USA option in the region selection :/ I guess it really is impossible.

EDIT2: just changed the region to Australia, and after going into nintendo zone (after enetring the eShop, as it requirs it for some reason), it actullay shows a few things. There's a M3DL trivia, and some videos.

So, if chemistryfreak or any of us get the JPN SSID we will need to change the console main region to access JPN n-zone, right? So, there is a region lock, but this lock observes the console config and not the console origin... I think I'm understanding now, and I'm ancious for JPN network... I'll do a couple of tests now, and if I get something I tell you.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
lokomelo said:
So, if chemistryfreak or any of us get the JPN SSID we will need to change the console main region to access JPN n-zone, right? So, there is a region lock, but this lock observes the console config and not the console origin... I think I'm understanding now, and I'm ancious for JPN network... I'll do a couple of tests now, and if I get something I tell you.

We just need to know the name of the SSID used for JPN Nintendo Zone. The US Nintendo Zone should connect to it & load the JPN Nintendo Zone contents.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Lol: http://dsdl.nintendowifi.net/

Anyways... The european nintendo zone seems to be region locked. I tried routing the traffic through a US vpn and it still went to the "Coming soon" screen.
DNS spoofing might be worth a try, but I suspect the certificates are different for the US and EU zones. (just like they are for nintendo video)
That's actually kinda funny. It seems everyone has their inside jokes.
lokomelo said:

We just need to know the name of the SSID used for JPN Nintendo Zone. The US Nintendo Zone should connect to it & load the JPN Nintendo Zone contents.
...Wait. Can't you download demos to the 3DS through Nintendo Zone? This could perhaps bypass region locks and allow foreign eShop access.

I also have to wonder. Could one bypass the content that is sent to the 3DS and inject custom pages, perhaps even a hack?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

loco365

Trophies
XP
http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

Can anyone hack this application to allow you to create a wireless networks without protection? :P

With this program, my 3ds found the nintendo zone hotspot, But it was not possible connect because of the password/protection.

I tried using this method: http://www.blogsdna....ra-software.htm
But the same problem happened.
I would appreciate if someone could solve this too.
I don't have access to my router settings.
Perhaps try using the Command Prompt setup if you have Win7, but use this:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[A name, like attwifi or other identified SSIDs.]

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
lokomelo said:

...Wait. Can't you download demos to the 3DS through Nintendo Zone? This could perhaps bypass region locks and allow foreign eShop access.

I also have to wonder. Could one bypass the content that is sent to the 3DS and inject custom pages, perhaps even a hack?

If I remember correctly the 7-11 store in JPN distributed New LovePlus demo via 7SPOT. Recently 7-11 also distributed a special Monster Hunter 3G Downloadable Quest. However when I tried setting my wireless network as "7SPOT" but it shows the error of "Unable to connect" for both JPN & US Nintendo Zone.

.:Vicious:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

Can anyone hack this application to allow you to create a wireless networks without protection? :P

With this program, my 3ds found the nintendo zone hotspot, But it was not possible connect because of the password/protection.

I tried using this method: http://www.blogsdna....ra-software.htm
But the same problem happened.
I would appreciate if someone could solve this too.
I don't have access to my router settings.
Perhaps try using the Command Prompt setup if you have Win7, but use this:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[A name, like attwifi or other identified SSIDs.]
Nah, same problem.
Still protected with WPA2 :(

Ismaw34

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, no EUR Nintendo Zone? :(
I wish i could go in to that :(

Thanks, for the info and keep searching for SSIDs.

Ismaw34

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nintendo zone of the US has updated. With the first 4 episodes of season 14 for pokemon. Some info on more games and new videos. Oh the demos...right..there the same ones from the e-shop. Although you do download/install them directly from nintendo zone.

fatmajinboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I just configured one old router I havent used in years with the SSID "attwifi", put a open shared connection and worked fine, I live in Mexico, but near the border from US, should be great for some people that doesn't cross to US. If only streetpass was as simple as this... :(

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
So anyone found any JPN SSID?
7-11 Store in JPN is giving out special New LovePlus DLC again.

Source: http://andriasang.com/comzvp/new_love_plus_7eleven/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)