Nintendo: Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US? LOLNOPE.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Yet, when other games in different genres don't get localized to the US, but say Europe or other areas where the game will be in English, everyone just says "Oh, guess I have to pirated the Eur version." Why should a group of JRPGs get more attention that other games?
Not sure which titles you're referring to, but for the most part I hear those titles are generally rather meh. Also when the Wii is getting so few good games, it's kinda dumb to not localize some good games when they're already translated

And don't even say "Oh well buying it to support the devs blah blah blah" because you probably wouldn't anyways. If you REALLY want to play the game, you'll either import it, or pirate it, because guess what...That's the only choice you have.
If you import it that generally means you're supporting the devs if it's not used correct?

And I like how Nintendo is being put on the spot, because they're the publishers. What about other companies that don't localize games? Just because Nintendo is bigger, doesn't mean they should get more hate because they aren't giving into a bunch of fanboys whining and spamming their Facebook posts.
Pretty sure other companies get complained at as well.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail nintendo cmon seriously why not try to sell to Americans are we not the driving force of their popularity and their income my goodness if it werent for America helping them out they would still be in ruins after WWII those gerks (yes i know we dropped 2 bombs on them but they were being dicks and not surrendering, we told them to and they should have listened, but alas we are at their mercy of entertainment sigh)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amiti said:
Aren't some of these Wii titles? Wouldn't the be region locked already or can you play PAL games on a US Wii? I was sure that Japanese games don't work on a US Wii.

Dick move Nintendo. It's not going to help you (you pulling a Namco?)

A softmodded wii can easily play imports from Japan, Europe, or Australia. All you have to do is if you're using the USB Loader, change the settings for video mode to "Force launch NTSC" once in a while you might have to change some other settings, but once you get it working, you save the settings and never have to toggle them again, I've got all sorts of great imports running on my wii (such as Fatal Frame 4).

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Nintendo
Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!

Todd-Ingram.png

Fuck you Nintendo.......just fuck you.....

..sorry for the all caps here, but I just can't help it

"NINTENDO! I AM FUCKING DISAPPOINT!"

stuff like this just adds to your lost sales, and add to your overseas import sales.

Why you cannot grasp that people dont want more "Letsfuckingrehashandrepackagethesamegoddaymnshittycarnivalgamesagainbecause
wecan'tgraspwhatouroriginalfanbasereallywantsanymore", will forever elude me. We wan't games like Xenoblade, TLS, etc, not more effing shovelware.

Not everyone has the guts or the knowhow even to mod their system so they can play region-free, and as a result play games like these.

Doesn't matter, in a number of months, the Wii will be dead anyway.

D

Deleted User

duffmmann said:
Amiti said:
Aren't some of these Wii titles? Wouldn't the be region locked already or can you play PAL games on a US Wii? I was sure that Japanese games don't work on a US Wii.

A softmodded wii can easily play imports from Japan, Europe, or Australia. All you have to do is if you're using the USB Loader, change the settings for video mode to "Force launch NTSC" once in a while you might have to change some other settings, but once you get it working, you save the settings and never have to toggle them again, I've got all sorts of great imports running on my wii (such as Fatal Frame 4).
Cool! Thanks for the tip, I will have to look into that.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
We never say “never,”*GASP!
QUOTEbut we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...............

Seriously Nintendo? Biggest mistake ever. And you wonder why people leave you for your competitors platforms, because you pull dick moves like this.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE said:
We never say “never,”*GASP!
QUOTEbut we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...............

Seriously Nintendo? Biggest mistake ever. And you wonder why people leave you for your competitors platforms, because you pull dick moves like this.
I don't think very many people leave because of things like this. Plus, it's likely NoA's fault, not real Nintendo. Plus this isn't NoA's biggest mistake, I can think of some other NA excluded games that were wanted more.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NoA, you disappoint me
frown.gif

Also this is offtopic, but why is there region lock? Is it to force people to mod their systems so they can play games that don't come over to them? Yes, this is a serious question >.>

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
I saw this a moment ago.

Dick move by Nintendo. Should've said "no" from the beginning.
What exactly happened? I saw the status by Nintendo and either everyone was commenting "FFFFFUUUUU!!!" or "What games?!?!" I didn't see any comments saying what games it was.

Did Nintendo say they were coming or something?

Edit:

I always see people talking about Xenoblade, and looked it up a while ago. I remembered I thought it looked dumb, but didn't remember what it was like. Knew it was a JRPG. I just watched a trailer, and the entire trailer was just walking... walking in different environments. Sure they looked nice, but like... it was all walking.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
duffmmann said:
Amiti said:

You can even remove the region lock from the wii itself so that it can play imports with no need of laoders.

Also, I totally saw this coming. Too bad for Na fans who didn't hack their wii. TIME TO IMPORT! LET NoE TAKE OUR MONEY!!!

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know...they always say "we have no plans at the moment".
Even when they end up announcing things a few months later.

Nintendo didn't get to be the best at keeping secrets by revealing things to random emails.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRACCCCYYYYYYY

*ahem* I mean no please buy the games. Nintendo cares so much about us and they only made it PAL-only in English to show us they are our pals guise.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, people up in arms about this make me laugh. We know Xenoblade is getting an english release, and its just been rumored by Nintendo of France that The Last Story will be released in Europe as well. The Wii may very well be the easiest console in the world to softmod. After you've got it hacked, you can do just about anything with it, including play imports from all regions. Meaning, I don't care if it doesn't come to America, just as long as there is an English release. On a related note, I downloaded We Dare recently which is a totally retarded game, but hey I shouldn't be able to play it on my wii being that I'm in America and it never came out here, and yet...

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is funny. You see all the fans hype themselves up and then blame everything but themselves over what their own letdown feels like.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Celice said:
This is funny. You see all the fans hype themselves up and then blame everything but themselves over what their own letdown feels like.

Uh what? There's nothing to blame here EXCEPT Nintendo.

This is nothing but a kick in the balls to each and every one of their fans. It shows that no matter how much people want a game and no matter how much a game might sell, Nintendo refuses to give North American's the types of stellar games that JP/EU gets. Thus everybody in North America is still left with Shovelware with the exception of a rare gem, but those are too and far in between.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Celice said:

This is nothing but a kick in the balls to each and every one of their fans. It shows that no matter how much people want a game and no matter how much a game might sell, Nintendo refuses to give North American's the types of stellar games that JP/EU gets. Thus everybody in North America is still left with Shovelware with the exception of a rare gem, but those are too and far in between.

Uhh... you realize that EU get screwed over far more often than North America in terms of game releases. This is just a rare instance of it being the other way around, thats why its being made into such a big deal this time.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
duffmmann said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Celice said:

Uhh... you realize that EU get screwed over far more often than North America in terms of game releases. This is just a rare instance of it being the other way around, thats why its being made into such a big deal this time.

I know some games don't get there, and some come waaaay ridiculously late. But I haven't heard of a case of where a big publisher such as Nintendo, doesn't put a game out there.

D

Deleted User

I find it unfair that you guys aren't going to get these titles. But hey, get your wii softmodded and you ccan play xenoblade!

But to be fair, we get screwed over waay more than you NA guys here in the EU..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44