Nintendo will license their characters for more than games

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Super Mario Bros movie confirmed!

Man, who knew Nintendo losing ground could be so exciting! Anything is possible now!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo is really trying hard to make up for the fact that they expect their systems to perform ridiculously far below expectations. This will either be the greatest showing of selling out in quite some time, or perhaps something good will actually come of this, even if the past has shown it to be a little tricky to get right for Nintendo characters.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Back when they were dominating the market, they were doing stuff like this. Considering how loaded they are right now, I could see this only being positive.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think Sonic will be more interesting in a movie than Mario

Something like this could be awesome... Mario don't has the power to have me settled in a 90 minutes film.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wonder what's for Palutena's Revolting Dinner.
Kinghd.gif

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
They were going to authorize a Metroid movie, but after the disaster with the Mario Brothers movie, they wanted artistic control and needed to flesh out Samus's character before they could really work with a studio.

Unfortunately, their attempt to do so, Other M, was not very well received so I suspect that idea is delayed indefinitely for the time being.

I think Zelda or Metroid could make a great movie, but Nintendo has to be very careful. Other M showed that they might actually need to get some good writers to develop Samus in future story-driven games and a potential big screen production.

Max Payne is like a movie made game, and we all know how the movie turned out.

To say truth based on all the game to movie conversions to date I don't think a movie based on a game can work that well, the only good one I've seen is Advent Children and only because wasn't the main story made game, is a side story made specifically for the movie.
If they do a story for the movie, could work. if they try to adapt the game story to the movie I expect failure.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo is really trying hard to make up for the fact that they expect their systems to perform ridiculously far below expectations. This will either be the greatest showing of selling out in quite some time, or perhaps something good will actually come of this, even if the past has shown it to be a little tricky to get right for Nintendo characters.
If they expect them to sell below expectations, wouldn't the expectations be lower in the first place? :unsure:

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. nintendo is great at animes turning their biggest adventures into childish cartoons with historys worst voice acting. And i mean Video Games Moviea are so successful.. look at Doom, Street Fighter, Resident Evil qnd the _16_ Pokemon Titles, i mean, uh? 16.. and there is 38 movies based of video games in total.

Going by movie rating..44% did Final Fantasy get by Rotten Tomatoes, rest got lower score.. most around 5%-15% . Meaning there isnt asibgle GOOD video game adaptation ever done!

They were going to authorize a Metroid movie, but after the disaster with the Mario Brothers movie, they wanted artistic control and needed to flesh out Samus's character before they could really work with a studio.

Unfortunately, their attempt to do so, Other M, was not very well received so I suspect that idea is delayed indefinitely for the time being.

I think Zelda or Metroid could make a great movie, but Nintendo has to be very careful. Other M showed that they might actually need to get some good writers to develop Samus in future story-driven games and a potential big screen production.
get Peter Jackson!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah.. nintendo is great at animes turning their biggest adventures into childish cartoons with historys worst voice acting. And i mean Video Games Moviea are so successful.. look at Doom, Street Fighter, Resident Evil qnd the _16_ Pokemon Titles, i mean, uh? 16.. and there is 38 movies based of video games in total.

Going by movie rating..44% did Final Fantasy get by Rotten Tomatoes, rest got lower score.. most around 5%-15% . Meaning there isnt asibgle GOOD video game adaptation ever done!
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/mortal-kombat actually got okay reviews for some reason. And the Lego movie that is clearly based off the Lego games is looking pretty good at the moment as well (although it won't be out yet for another week or so?)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't think they want to put out another sequel to Super Hornio Bros?

Maybe if they got drunk enough, they would. There are other ways they can assert their company's adult image, and this might not be needed. But maybe when they start advertising for the new Mario game, they can model the campaign after this.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Iwata shared: "We aim to make increase consumer exposure to Nintendo characters by making them appear in places other than video game platforms."
Wait wait wait...wut? Nintendo, in case you weren't aware, like 99% of your fucking characters are known by millions, if not billions, of people. Like, you could go up to some random guy in the street and say "Mario" and chances are he'd know what you're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm planning to start building it back up though. Plus, Usenet automation around music downloading has gotten so much better since then
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, 1) ohkay 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5K3jc6Q3HU