Nintendo will license their characters for more than games

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait...wut? Nintendo, in case you weren't aware, like 99% of your fucking characters are known by millions, if not billions, of people. Like, you could go up to some random guy in the street and say "Mario" and chances are he'd know what you're talking about.

I'm gonna go off the deep end here and assume he is talking about your Metroid's and Pikmin's etc, the less popular IP's

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna go off the deep end here and assume he is talking about your Metroid's and Pikmin's etc, the less popular IP's

The only franchises I can think of that aren't very well known are Ice Climbers, Pikmin, maybe Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus. Metroid is a fairly well-known franchise, it got a lot of publicity for that whole "Samus is a girl!!! Lolololol" thing from Metroid.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
They did a Pokémon anime (Urgh... Red's one and the mangas are good though), another for Kirby and F-Zero, a movie about Animal Crossing, a short-lived OVA for the original Super Mario Bros, Fire Emblem...
Closest thing to anime Zelda had was those audio dramas with the BS-X games. But almost every Zelda and Mario game to date had a manga spinoff of some nature, many of the Zelda ones were very good.
Saying they haven't dabbled with anime before isn't exactly correct.

They were given lots of liberties too in the manga ones, which had some quite dark story arcs.

But I agree they need more of the same high standards of productions Kid Icarus shorts had.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bring this back...
6a00d83452033569e201310f2b42ff970c-800wi

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Game & Anime is a perfect match, so will work as well with other Nintendo Characters... Kid Icarus Anime!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
don't know if any of you heard of these but they used to have mario choose your own adventure books with puzzles and items to collect in them. i loved them as a kid! they were like nintendos version of the fighting (not final) fantasy books

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us grew up on the old crappy cartoons and movies that plagued us in the 80's, 90's and so forth. We watched The Wizard just so Nintendo could advert our attention and entice us with their products, and honestly, much of it was hard to stomach. I'd re-watch The Wizard, but as for the old cartoon shows, I never watched any of them past their pilots. They were absolute garbage, not up to Dungeons and Dragons standards therefore not worthy of my child self's time. :)

That being said, we are currently in an age where passionate animators and story tellers are pissed upon, forgotten, and given no respect (for the most part), and the majority of animation is resourced out to a bunch of kids in South Korea who are trained in a small variety of styles and merely draw what they are told to draw, and half the time the scripts they are putting to animation are very lack luster them selves, so I am concerned that perhaps the new breed of Nintendo entertainment, may fall sway to this trend, just as have many RPG cut scenes within video games already.

I mean crap, just look at Star Wars Clone Wars. It's been given a ton of awards and it TOTALLY lacks the soul of what was Star Wars back when it was a trilogy of films, a few expanded universe novels, and of course all the West End Games resources books. It has fallen from grace.

But who knows, not everything new is terrible, perhaps some interesting things could come from this. I can only imagine what a well designed Metroid movie could be like, or what Mario and Princess Peach could be like as children's role models considering that Nintendo refuses to involve political debates about sex and all that trivial non-sense in their games. Sony and Microsloth and their bandwagon of 3rd party developers have the eternally pubescent market covered already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.