OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
201106073559-1307528640.jpg

QUOTE said:
Nintendo's E3 2011 keynote yesterday gave the world its first official look at the all-new Wii U hardware plus (we thought) a glimpse at the graphical capabilities of its next console. As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles. Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed that to be the case in an interview with GameTrailers, where he also points out that the eventual Wii U games will look at least as good as their PS3 / 360 counterparts. Which is why, in his eyes, it's okay to show us those games being played on the competition's (current-gen) hardware. He does remind us that the Wii U will be delivering graphics at a 1080p resolution, and points to the garden tech demo that also graced E3 as an indicator of what can be done with Nintendo's next console. That's all well and good, but maybe tell us in advance next time, Reggie?
QUOTE said:

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously since I'm sure anything that the PS3/360 had to show would be far more into development than what the WiiU had to show.

All that really matters is that Zelda tech demo which was probably better than anything that the 360/PS3 ever put out.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ThePowerOutage said:
Awesome?
The screenshots I was from games didn't have as good graphics as the garden demo (which was Wii U)
Yeah but the zelda tech demo was pretty cool.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
This will be bad if the graphics are not better than the PS3 or Xbox 360, or super bad if they're worse than them.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose when it comes to being sneaky and vague, Fils-Aime never disappoints. He deserves to be swatted with a rolled-up newspaper--preferably the New York Times.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"...To make Wii U look more impressive" - stopped reading right there.

I`m not that much into graphics (though I own a PS3 and playing LANoire btw on 1080p) but this statement is ridiculous. `Nuff said since I don`t want to elaborate on that much more since it is pointless.

Haters gonna hate.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw&fmt=1[/youtube]

EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKCSxhee3E[/YOUTUBE]

looks even better than the 360/PS3

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Isn't that kind of... against E3 policies?

The tech demo for Zelda looks a bit better then the 360 and PS3 in my opinion, so I don't think I have to worry for right now.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:

The tech demo for Zelda looks a bit better then the 360 and PS3 in my opinion, so I don't think I have to worry for right now.

E3 policies...? It was most likely the third-party developer that gave them the footage in the first place.

Anyway, for years the PS3/360 have been getting the PC footage so I don't see how this is any different.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:

E3 policies...? It was most likely the third-party developer that gave them the footage in the first place.

Anyway, for years the PS3/360 have been getting the PC footage so I don't see how this is any different.
Oh, I just thought that there was a rule that you could only show footage from your own company.

Eh.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't this standard with cross platform games? Use footage from the lead platform to advertise it on all platforms. And it's not like any of them will look better on the Wii U unless that becomes the lead platform for these games. Which isn't going to happen at launch. Seems fair enough to do this for these games. Especially if they look at least as good. The way the OP puts it makes it sound like the Zelda demo was secretly running on a PS3.

But TBH I thought the main point with these games was Nintendo saying "You won't need a Wii U and a Xbox 720 to get all the major games, you'll just need a Nintendo this gen."

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Thats unexpected o.o.
Was it NINTENDO showing it, or the 3rd party developers just presenting other consoles footage?
The latter I think, remember, the only stuff they showed on the Wii U was NSMB, their demo games, and that garden thing. The only ones showing any kind of other gameplay was EA.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Donald Serrot said:
Tanveer said:
Thats unexpected o.o.
Was it NINTENDO showing it, or the 3rd party developers just presenting other consoles footage?
The latter I think, remember, the only stuff they showed on the Wii U was NSMB, their demo games, and that garden thing. The only ones showing any kind of other gameplay was EA.
Yeah, thats what I thought.
But now I am having doubts on the capabilities of the WiiU :/

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol they didn't use anything, because the games they are working on are no where near finished.

"All that really matters is that Zelda tech demo which was probably better than anything that the 360/PS3 ever put out."

lol seiously, and from the sound of it the demo wasn't even in 720.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
lol they didn't use anything, because the games they are working on are no where near finished.
Nintendo had Mario footage, so I am sure developers had some work done.
I mean, less than a year till its released and your telling me nothing is done :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock