Nintendo to introduce hardware copy protection

PartyMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, if you actually have a job, 50 bucks a month (Thats the rate good games tend to come out), isn't too difficult. If you really want to go out on a limb, you can trade in old games you really dont play/want. Making new games even cheaper. That being said, most anti pirating systems don't work, they just don't. Sony is probably the only company I've seen actually manage to protect their investments without royally screwing over legit customers.

Most hackers/crackers actually detest piracy, they do what they do because its a challenge, not because they want to rip people off. That being said, if the game is great enough it will surpass piracy on its own, its all those lazy devs that dont actually want to produce a finished product that are getting pissed. Why buy a crappy game when you can pirate it.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, some of us can't afford it since some are still schooling, and the economy now is not what it was before. And there tends to be a trend where many good games come out in a specific month (like this month! :yayds)

Ninty could have used rampant piracy as good publicity for the games too.... Oh well, companies just love money can't do anything about that.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
oh yeah, games here in sydney are like $130 for pokemon diamond.
i cant imagine how much it is for platinum

if people cant afford those games, does that mean we cant have a bit of entertainment from pirated roms?

nicman000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
oh yeah, games here in sydney are like $130 for pokemon diamond.
i cant imagine how much it is for platinum

if people cant afford those games, does that mean we cant have a bit of entertainment from pirated roms?

Wait, I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're insanely retarded.
With a bit of ingenuity, you can get Platinum from JB Hi-Fi for less than $15 Aus.
Games never usually get above $80, and even that is extremely steep.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Games usually never get above $80? I hope you're referring to DS and not Wii. They want freaking $100 for Wii Sports Resort when it launches here! (But we do get it a day earlier)
tongue.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
meh i can't wait for that legendary piracy protection banhammer (the almighty hammer which kills the protection)
i know that someday somebody will invent a way to kill protection with just 1 button
smile.gif

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, are they going to implement the copy-protection in the DSi? Or will they implement it in its successor?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alucard77 said:
What a waste of time on Nintendo's part. The cycle will begin again. Let me look into the future for a second. Here are posts in the next two years:

1- Ohh shit, my DS won't play copied games, could it be the HW detection!?!
2- HW Detection confirmed, Big N blocking games
3- Possible hack discovered
4- Possible hacked deemed to be a fake
5- 5000 posts on, is the hack a fake?
6- 1 sticky, hack is a fake
7- 5000 posts on, when will the new DS be hacked
8- New hack surfaces with video
9- 5000 posts saying video is fake
10- Company coming out with Chip to trick HW, release date to be determined
11- 5000 posts saying chip is fake
12- Company gives date on chip
13- 5000 people pre order chip
14- Chip is delayed 2 months
15- 5000 people bitching about delay, and saying company stole money from them
16- Company provides refunds to 1000 people who ask for them
17- Chip comes out and Works!
18- 1000 posts of people pissed that chip is sold out and they have to wait for back order
19- Second company comes out with chip to statisify need
20- 5000 posts debating which chip is better
21- More chips released
22- SW mod eventually released
23- 3 years go by, and Nintendo/Sony/MS announce new protection.
24- Go back to step 1.

I think youre right nintendo blocks we try to pass the block nintendo makes an block for that pass we have created ect.
thats the simple version of it...I was always like this I see it like an cat and mouse game
wacko.gif

I still think ninty is asking to much money for tha games!

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do people feel that they have a right to pirate? Don't get angry at a business for (attempting to) protect its assets.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the company that makes the dingoo announced that the a600 (next version) will emulate psp. it stands to reason that if nintendo blocks, someone will just make a chinese handheld that emulates the ds/dsi. even if its a step behind, emulating older systems, it will do the trick.

i'm curious what they plan to do. the dsi common key was already found, proof that the dsi security idea sucks right out the box. i hope they don't try to block all users. many of us do 98% homebrew and pirate the occasional odd game. i have those weird classic board games on my ds (sorry, connect-4, etc)... the other 7gb is homebrew, emulation, applications, etc.

-another world

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:
Thanks for the information, Nintendo's definitely doing a lot about piracy now in comparison to when the DS was first released. As they admitted they were a bit slow to amend these issues, but with every protection that is made there will always be people trying to break it.

Nintendo is not losing shit if anything they are making too much money, and everybody says this why? so they can have a excuse to rip people off. Example: look at companies like konami that complain that it's too risky to make new games opposed to the same old shit, and yet they have no problem bring out multiple castlevaina games( the fake 3d ones) in even though they fail to sell every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto