Hardware Nintendo Switch has paid online services similar to Xbox Live and Playstation

Do you like the idea of a paid Nintendo online service?

• Total voters

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
People are talking "Oh well Microsoft and Sony did it so why are you guys going crazy.". It's because one of the reasons Nintendo stands out, they don't make you pay every month. And it's not like Nintendo was like "Yeah you can do simple multiplayer.", in fact Sony was the one that did that with the PS3. (not sure about PS4.) Microsoft is the only company that doesn't allow multiplayer unless you pay for gold. (not sure about Xbone.) So why doesn't Nintendo do what Sony did for the PS3? You're basically saying "Well Microsoft didn't allow basic multiplayer for 360 so why are people complaining?". Another thing is that it adds up to the cost, let's say I wanna play Splatoon 2. Well normally it would just be buy the console and game, but now you have to pay money a month! Not even a one time purchase. Now I understand Nintendo needs support, but if they at least let people have basic multiplayer, even if you could only do basic multiplayer for one or two hours a day then people wouldn't really be going crazy.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
People don't understand why the 3ds was a success or became one, the console was affordable(not at launch just like the switch)+games were cheap(some of the best games on a handheld imo)+multiplayer was free, nintendo can still do a 180 on this or expect huge losses like the 3ds's first year on the market thats why paid multiplayer is a huge risk for a company like nintendo, they aren't a conglomerate type company like Sony or microsoft that can let losses slip by, they could've just sold the console as a handheld standalone or home console bundle to make the prices more drawn out.

Last edited by Treeko,
D

Deleted User

Unrelated to the topic, but what's that from? I keep seeing that character, but no idea what it's from.
I don't know. I found the image a long time ago. I see that character everywhere also. I'll try looking for it

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"Once they provide world class online services that can rival MS and Sony"

Well maybe that's the reason it's free until summer 2018... so that people can evaluate it properly before jumping into a subscription.

I just hope that this only affects online multiplayer, and not all other online stuff (like accessing the store, downloading DLC and the like). I can live without multiplayer just fine :3

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know. I found the image a long time ago. I see that character everywhere also. I'll try looking for it

It's bkub's pop team epic according to Google.

Well maybe that's the reason it's free until summer 2018... so that people can evaluate it properly before jumping into a subscription.

I just hope that this only affects online multiplayer, and not all other online stuff (like accessing the store, downloading DLC and the like). I can live without multiplayer just fine :3

Isn't it until fall 2017? At least that's what's on their site about it being for free. So if you buy the system after that period you'd have less/no trial at all? I hope they'll give more info soon. I don't feel like buying at launch at all with this current mess.I decided to wait & see how things go with the prices & games before I buy the system it's another reason I'm worried about all this.I hope indeed they're not going to lockout basic online functionality.

Last edited by Angely,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, in your case, you literally have no reason to get a switch because you'd be 10 times safer betting on the upgraded one or 4 for the games you seemingly want. (or better yet, a pc).
going by your arguments, unless nintendo literally paid you to get a switch, anything else would be a better deal.

there wont be a main pokemon game on the switch and its not exactly gamefreaks decision where they release their games, since nintendo is a mayor shareholder and there's probably contracts forbidding a pokemon game to ever be on a sony or microsoft console.
Gamefreak is free to do what they like with their IPs. The developed, for example, Tembo The Badass Elephant, which was on non-Nintendo consoles. Pokemon, however, is a joint property between Nintendo and Gamefreak (and in fact, they created a joint company to handle it: The Pokemon Company). So Gamefreak itself is not under Nintendo's thumb, but Pokemon is.

Reactions: Angely

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
61e25161f6892f6bb686e26f095daf30d48a5b05f301a3300a69904a3b4f7046.png

D

Deleted User

They canceled scalebound

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, the so called "master" pc race is so obnoxious.
Nope, the team couldn't meet guildlines and were asking for too much money

And that's not an argument against PC gaming itself. "muh meme community" isn't an argument.

D

Deleted User

Lol, you have a point at the scale bound, but the last part is just childish
Nah, I was asking for a argument against PC Gaming itself. Not the community. If somebody asks what a argument against the Xbox would be, it wouldn't be "the community sucks", it would be something like "the hardware sucks" or something.

needhelp3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I was asking for a argument against PC Gaming itself. Not the community. If somebody asks what a argument against the Xbox would be, it wouldn't be "the community sucks", it would be something like "the hardware sucks" or something.
oh, the xbone is meh, but i dislike what microsoft has been doing

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gamefreak is free to do what they like with their IPs. The developed, for example, Tembo The Badass Elephant, which was on non-Nintendo consoles. Pokemon, however, is a joint property between Nintendo and Gamefreak (and in fact, they created a joint company to handle it: The Pokemon Company). So Gamefreak itself is not under Nintendo's thumb, but Pokemon is.
considering that their most important ip is under nintendos thumb, one COULD believe that, if nintendo had cared about Tembo enough, they could tell them where it could go and where not.
like, if gamefreak ever ends up coming up with what nintendo considers to be the next pokemon, you can bet your ass they're putting on the pressure.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people bitching about the one handheld you can take out and play multiplayer without a second unit having non essential online service?
I think at least the price will be lower.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just called Customer support and we might actually get to keep those games with the subscription active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: what i didn't do anything!