Nintendo Switch firmware update 12.1.0 available to download

assddsa.png

There's a new firmware update in town, and it's not just stability. Nintendo has pushed out official firmware version 12.1.0 for the Switch, which adds the traditional amount of general stability improvements, but also allows users to delete old system data to make room for new game updates, if you're ever in a situation where your internal or microSD storage is running low. Atmosphere CFW users will need to hold on and wait for compatibility, for now, so don't update just yet.

• If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.
    • When deleting the old data, you won't be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.

:arrow: Source

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saw this updated last night. so like always I updated. also been playing FE three houses for almost 8 hours...

Reactions: HideoKojima

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what we used to do when Android devices had little storage. I feel sad for Nintendo if this is what they have to do...

Reactions: phonemonkey

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
This is what we used to do when Android devices had little storage. I feel sad for Nintendo if this is what they have to do...

bro the switch is technology from 2015 which was made for android devices. the work Nintendo _software_ developers do is beyond magic.

:switch:

Last edited by Flame,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...Wait...I specifically checked the "News" column before posting my profile post...did I prompt this, or was it coincidence?

Anyway, I wish Nintendo would change the default option in that "Ready to start system update" popup from "Update" to "Start Software" - what if you don't want to update immediately, huh? Or that they would add something in Settings to make said popup only appear once, for example upon system boot/wake-up instead of every. single time. the user goes to the damn Home screen...at least then I'd give them some credit for having a modicum of intelligence.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am being thankful to stay with 11.0.0. No games interested me at all. I am being eyeful to Skyward Sword HD, thought. I will have to wait and see. I am staying with 11.0.0 for now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand what this update does. does that mean the game update installed on the system will now be deleted instead of waiting for the new download to finish first before the new game update is installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over