Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that essentially the same as updating .XCI dumps not made of your own carts?
No, the only reason you would inject foreign certificates into a backup is to enable it to play online. This is what we did during the 3DS era and Nintendo had no way of catching people doing this outside of 2 or more people going online using the same certificate. Game updates are handled a lot differently and don't require a certificate or even owning the game at all which makes updating them in OFW pretty safe.

Reactions: sorabora

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the only reason you would inject foreign certificates into a backup is to enable it to play online. This is what we did during the 3DS era and Nintendo had no way of catching people doing this outside of 2 or more people going online using the same certificate. Game updates are handled a lot differently and don't require a certificate or even owning the game at all which makes updating them in OFW pretty safe.

Thanks. I haven't filled out the form yet (sorry), but man I've been getting more and more reckless/lazy over the last couple weeks that every day I'm like...still not yet? lol

Simple but avoidable mistakes like relying on airplane mode to stay offline when I really should just remove my WiFi settings; being all fuck it and turning on WiFi for FTP use; updating in SX OS as opposed to OFW; and a few other things here and there. I'm guessing it's just a matter of getting caught up in the the next wave :grog:

Reactions: Draxzelex

Crazy_Seb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
get banned this morning with SX OS only, never installed something else. Get banned in normal mode with a Fortnite online update

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So as of right the only 100% safe method to use SX is to keep the unit in airplane mode at all time?

So get a second unit if you want to play MK/Splatoon2?

pro-pumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ban? Yes :(
SX used? No
SX used while online? No
Played SX Backups online? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? No

Non-TX Layered FS Used? Yes
Non-TX Layered FS Used while online? Yes, just with ftp no to play or update games
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? No

Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
CDN Downloading? No
Backups updated? No
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? No
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/CFW? Yes, hombrew ftp
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? No

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Yes: 5.1.0
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted? No
Airplane mode? Yes, just turn off when i use ftp homebrew
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? No
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? No
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Yes

Console/Account Region(s): Nort America
Trimmed .XCI? No
Additional Comments: I never used wifi to play or update any game (original or with donor), just for transfer my files from pc to Switch :(

pro-pumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@pro-pumper Did LayeredFS ever crash on you at any point?

yes, on several occasions while playing Hyrule Warriors, then go into edit weapons and exit, it is immediately locked and I have to force the console to turn off (obviously, the layeredFS was also removed) This happened from version 2.1 even now with version 3.2

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, on several occasions while playing Hyrule Warriors, then go into edit weapons and exit, it is immediately locked and I have to force the console to turn off (obviously, the layeredFS was also removed) This happened from version 2.1 even now with version 3.2
this is why.
but hey ! at least you will never worry to get banned again !
i wish i get banned soon...

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just been banned from the eShop, however I was NOT banned from playing online. I'll submit a report later, but I've never used LayeredFS at all. I have used home brew emulators and they have crashed, and I have cleared my logs with nxdreport. At ban time, I did have a normal looking error list (network and internet errors) and of course had error reporting off. I blame YOU LaiNES! So many crashes! :hrth: I'll play online a bunch this week and see if I don't get banned from everything.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just been banned from the eShop, however I was NOT banned from playing online. I'll submit a report later, but I've never used LayeredFS at all. I have used home brew emulators and they have crashed, and I have cleared my logs with nxdreport. At ban time, I did have a normal looking error list (network and internet errors) and of course had error reporting off. I blame YOU LaiNES! So many crashes! :hrth: I'll play online a bunch this week and see if I don't get banned from everything.

This has happened before, the full ban seems to follow a few hours later.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this confirms my theory on how you were banned. Problem is I don't know if it was initially due to the custom error logs LayeredFS created when it crashed or because firmware 5.X detected inconsistencies in the recorded logs after it was cleared, but its surmounting evidence that people banned with LayeredFS had it crash at one point if they were banned despite remaining completely offline.
I do believe you, however I'm not sure if I would feel it is appropriate in asking you to see how long you can continue playing online. This definitely hints at there being subtypes to the bans Nintendo implements. At the very least, it will be very interesting when you test the eShop from your computer with your Nintendo Account.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

pro-pumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, this confirms my theory on how you were banned. Problem is I don't know if it was initially due to the custom error logs LayeredFS created when it crashed or because firmware 5.X detected inconsistencies in the recorded logs after it was cleared, but its surmounting evidence that people banned with LayeredFS had it crash at one point if they were banned despite remaining completely offline.

it could be, whenever I started layeredFS I cleaned the log and never had a problem, until I updated to "hekate - CTCaer mod v3.2" and "v5.2 - Major Tom"

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
In my discord group quite a few SX users got banned today for installing NSP with devmenu. People always want to take risks SMH.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used any CDN Downloader: Yes (CDNSP with a different already banned cert"
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: No
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online with nx-dreport: No
(i dont have sx os so these lines are no)
Layered FS Used offline: Yes
Layered FS Used online: Yes (to launch dev menu)
Played with Layered FS Injects online: No
Homebrew Offline: Yes
Connect internet with homebrew: Yes
Connect to eShop during CFW: Yes
Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert.: Yes
Does the Eshop work: No
Backups updated: Yes (SX OS)
WiFi settings deleted: No
Airplane mode: Yes & No
AutoRCM: Yes (TX)
Auto Game Update/Downloads deactivated: Yes

(also used exhop to download mario tennis aces for free) No

I was banned because I accidentally connected to the the Nintendo Network with Paladins I installed as a .nsp :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...