Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I believe if you're banned, checking the eShop on any firmware gives you the ban error code. Otherwise if your firmware is too low, it tells you to update.

radicalwookie likes this.
  2. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    Oh..can anyone confirm that?

3. JCreazy

JCreazy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2010
    United States
    I recently restored my mostly clean NAND (It was made with ReinX) and updated to the newest OFW because I'm going legit. I connected to the internet in CFW but only through 90DNS. It's been 5 days and no ban yet but we will see.

Last edited by JCreazy, Feb 19, 2019
    hallo23 likes this.
  4. jadelaroche

jadelaroche Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Russia
    I thought clearing error logs should be avoided based on faq here?

5. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    Yeah, but it's been working fine so far, at least this is what ive been doing for months (started modding back in may 2018) and im not banned yet

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Maybe they flagged you and ban you in the next ban wave?

7. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    Next ban wave... so i'm in their list since may 2018? My Switch is modded since Fusee came out back then. I mean, there have been a lot of ban waves in these months.

8. ss3matt

ss3matt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    I've had this Switch on ReiNX for a while, installed NSP's and used XCI's. I went online a few times using legitimately owned games and to update the console itself.

I've factory restored the Switch, and removed everything from the SD that shouldn't be there. On my end, the Switch is 100% normal.

As it is, I am not banned, and I have linked my account ok, used the eshop etc. Are chances high that I will get banned even with all that in mind?

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You got to restore a clean NAND backup if you did make a backup if not you will get a ban.

10. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2008
    Denmark
    I just booted into 7.0.0 CFW with Atmosphere 0.8.4 and I've been in flight mode. I doubt I'm in danger of a ban but I'll keep you posted in the coming weeks if it happens. For the record I'll never disable flight mode while in CFW.

11. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    airplane mode kills all the wireless connectivity of your switch, of course you're not going to get banned

12. Disharmony16

Disharmony16 ~DooM-BringeR~

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    Troll Islands
    22/02/19
    No changes, this is the third month not banned since what i did, also bought Nintendo Online subscription, no problems on tetris 99, Nes online service, let's hope i can reach the 4 month, cya in 20/03/19

Draxzelex likes this.
  13. darkfortedx

darkfortedx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    United States
    Brooklyn, New York
    Are you using sx boooader for sysnand or u using regular OFW?

14. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    I usually boot right into ofw but not gone online yet.

15. iRawriLaugh

iRawriLaugh That gay guy.

Mar 3, 2011
    United States
    Altamonte Springs, Florida
    I've used CFW before, installed NSPs, gone online, stopped, went back to OFW, purchased games/online, play online and have yet to be banned. I'm sure it'll come sooner or later, but till then I'm just taking in the advantages of it.

16. fantasticlain

fantasticlain Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    Hi, I just wanted to know is it dangerous right now to use layeredfs offline(internet settings deleted and airplane mode on) for backup loading?
    I actually have created a user profile on my switch only for layeredfs backups with no Nintendo account linked to it.
    And for my other user profile which is linked to a Nintendo account I ve enabled GDPR protections.
    Thanks in advance!

17. MalleMann

MalleMann Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    Netherlands
    Is there any way to go online while saving my fuses up until 4.1.0? Asking because I'd like to be able to make use of the private exploit if/when it becomes public.
    Not sure how to go about it though in regards of the method of updating to 7.0.1, using autoRCM and still having a low risk of being banned.
    All help is welcome!

18. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You could update to latest firmware with ChoiDujourNX and don’t burn fuses. Then you could always go back to 4.1.0. But if you go online with your console you will be probably banned.

19. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no reason to use LayeredFS for backup loading anymore since we have native backup launching support via both .NSP and .XCI files. The entire reason LayeredFS has a bad reputation is because it led to the first banwave due to everyone using it to play backups.

20. fantasticlain

fantasticlain Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    And how did Nintendo detect?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted