Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there is no promise of no bans.

some will say to use sxos emunand to help, but again, i cant see anything on tx website where they guarantee a no ban situation.

1 way to not be banned is to turn off wifi and never turn it back on, but that defeats the idea of playing it online still.

as i say to everyone who asks this question, good luck playing russian roulette with nintendo.

Reactions: whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no promise of no bans.

some will say to use sxos emunand to help, but again, i cant see anything on tx website where they guarantee a no ban situation.

1 way to not be banned is to turn off wifi and never turn it back on, but that defeats the idea of playing it online still.

as i say to everyone who asks this question, good luck playing russian roulette with nintendo.
thank you for the answer. i will think about my situation and make a decision.

j00manji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of us are in the "banned, had to buy a second switch" boat. Its not terrible, and you can get the tablet by itself on amazon.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Personally I've been using sxos since the beginning and am not banned as far as I know (I'm online from time to time). But the best thing to do is not to do anything obviously stupid (like playing pirated games online, install nsps etc). As the other people said, there is no guarantee.
I think that you can use "normal" homebrew (atmosphere or sxos) without a high risk of getting banned.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is impossible to play online with your legitimately purchased games with a 0% ban risk while also being able to use homebrew and NSP-installed games. The former has a small chance of getting you banned, and the latter has a big chance of getting you banned.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't respond to a few questions and I can't assume your responses to some of them so if you could please answer them, that would be great.
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y/N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y/N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y/N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y/N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Y/N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? Y/N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y/N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me compile it in complete form, sorry.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N (because im on lower FW)
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? Somewhere in January 2019 when i still used OFW.
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
SX OS used? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Y
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"?
Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) EU
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Atmosphere Jig
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y(?) But only done 4-5x N (AutoRCM was then enabled via hekate)
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 6.2.0

Last edited by DieHardjagged,

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
XCI's wont ever get you banned unless you try to play online with them via cert check.
so installing .xci and going online (just turning wifi on) will be the safest way to not get a ban? even if i'm not using emunand and my .xci are installed in my sysnand?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so installing .xci and going online (just turning wifi on) will be the safest way to not get a ban? even if i'm not using emunand and my .xci are installed in my sysnand?
Aslong you aren't playing playing the said xci online then yes its safe. Since you have the sxos just enable stealth mode to block Nintendo services but keeping wifi on. You can update xci games via OFW but you have to be on the latest firmware ofc.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just received an error code: 2124-4607 which seems to be a game-specific ban for Splatoon 2.
My console is indeed hacked but all I ever did was boot into CFW, nothing else. Never tampered with saves. I even restored my NAND before going back online. Any ideas?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just received an error code: 2124-4607 which seems to be a game-specific ban for Splatoon 2.
My console is indeed hacked but all I ever did was boot into CFW, nothing else. Never tampered with saves. I even restored my NAND before going back online. Any ideas?
Would have preferred you posted here first than making a thread but...

First things first is to fill out a ban report form so we can identify the risk factors which can be found in the OP. I also looked up the error code and if these people aren't lying, one person reported to have triggered this error code without hacking as seen here. I've also never seen this error code before so it may not be a traditional ban. Lastly, have you ever Splatbagged before?

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have preferred you posted here first than making a thread but...

First things first is to fill out a ban report form so we can identify the risk factors which can be found in the OP. I also looked up the error code and if these people aren't lying, one person reported to have triggered this error code without hacking as seen here. I've also never seen this error code before so it may not be a traditional ban. Lastly, have you ever Splatbagged before?
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y All I did was boot into CFW and Switch app store
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) North America
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Windows PC and USB C
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y

Additional Comments

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much you can do about Game bans your only option is to buy another Switch to have its online play open for you again. Something must had gotten sent to the cloud service while going online since it does automatically store your game saves there.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much you can do about Game bans your only option is to buy another Switch to have its online play open for you again. Something must had gotten sent to the cloud service while going online since it does automatically store your game saves there.
Is the game ban just on the console or on my account?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the game ban just on the console or on my account?
its only a console ban towards that game. I have the same ban error for smash using someone else's Save file.
So Im gonna need to buy another Switch to play online with my Eshop version, which is fine I should have bought a 2nd Switch for legit play months ago.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its only a console ban towards that game. I have the same ban error for smash using someone else's Save file.
So Im gonna need to buy another Switch to play online with my Eshop version, which is fine I should have bought a 2nd Switch for legit play months ago.
Well I'm thinking about buying a legit play only switch anyway. Is there a way to take out my account from the console before my account gets banned?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm thinking about buying a legit play only switch anyway. Is there a way to take out my account from the console before my account gets banned?
Your account should be fine. They only ban accounts for extreme offenses prior to hacking a account. log in your main account on the New Switch. If you want to be extra safe make a dummy account for your hacked Switch.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y

Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y All I did was boot into CFW and Switch app store
2 things:
  1. You said you didn't use LayeredFS in the first question but in the second question, you said you used it online. Did you or did you not use LayeredFS and if you did, was your console connected to the Internet?
  2. When you used the Homebrew App Store, was it with custom DNS settings such as 90DNS or were your Internet settings completely unmodified?

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things:
  1. You said you didn't use LayeredFS in the first question but in the second question, you said you used it online. Did you or did you not use LayeredFS and if you did, was your console connected to the Internet?
  2. When you used the Homebrew App Store, was it with custom DNS settings such as 90DNS or were your Internet settings completely unmodified?
2 things:
1. My bad, must have read it wrong. I DID NOT use LayeredFS at all.
2. It was a modded DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-