Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

JCreazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently restored my mostly clean NAND (It was made with ReinX) and updated to the newest OFW because I'm going legit. I connected to the internet in CFW but only through 90DNS. It's been 5 days and no ban yet but we will see.

Last edited by JCreazy,
Reactions: hallo23

jadelaroche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've been using hacks, emulators, i've even made an emuNAND a while ago (now removed because i didn't really like it) and played tons of .XCI games with SX-OS, and still no ban at all.
All i do is keep my console offline while i'm hacking and when i want to go online i just use nx-dreport to clean error logs, at least, this has been working for at least 6 months now.

I thought clearing error logs should be avoided based on faq here?

ss3matt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this Switch on ReiNX for a while, installed NSP's and used XCI's. I went online a few times using legitimately owned games and to update the console itself.

I've factory restored the Switch, and removed everything from the SD that shouldn't be there. On my end, the Switch is 100% normal.

As it is, I am not banned, and I have linked my account ok, used the eshop etc. Are chances high that I will get banned even with all that in mind?

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I just booted into 7.0.0 CFW with Atmosphere 0.8.4 and I've been in flight mode. I doubt I'm in danger of a ban but I'll keep you posted in the coming weeks if it happens. For the record I'll never disable flight mode while in CFW.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just booted into 7.0.0 CFW with Atmosphere 0.8.4 and I've been in flight mode. I doubt I'm in danger of a ban but I'll keep you posted in the coming weeks if it happens. For the record I'll never disable flight mode while in CFW.

airplane mode kills all the wireless connectivity of your switch, of course you're not going to get banned

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
22/02/19
No changes, this is the third month not banned since what i did, also bought Nintendo Online subscription, no problems on tetris 99, Nes online service, let's hope i can reach the 4 month, cya in 20/03/19

Just to update since this post:
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y/N: Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?: I can access

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y/N: After the last time that i formatted my switch and all that shit, i created a nand since it and hack again, now i'm using SXOS i restored that nand and no ban yet.

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y/N: N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y/N: N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y/N: Y
SX OS used? Y/N: Since 3 days ago
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y/N: How i said, i dunno if it is clean but Yes.
Trimmed .XCI? Y/N: N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y/N: N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y/N: N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? X.X/: 2.5.2, always offline
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N: None
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y/N: N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Y/N: N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? Y/N: N
Used DevMenu? Y/N: N
Installed any .NSP? Y/N: Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y/N: N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? Y/N: N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y/N: N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? CFW/OFW/Both/N: N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y/N: Y
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes): I like to use a lot of homebrew to test and yes i got crashes but since the "clean" Nand restored none of them are on my NAND, also i don't remember the code
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y/N: Y but 90DNS
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y/N: N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/N: Not now, but used to before sxos
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y/N: Downgraded with ChoiDujour.
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y/N: N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y/N: Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y/N: N, i don't know if this is used on SXOS
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N: On Atmosphere and reinx i used to.
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N: i never used a tool like Dreport or how it was called, but perform a lot of system formats before online on 6.2.0 and 6.1.0
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y/N: N
Console/Account Region(s): USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with?: Rekado, TegraRCMsmashGUI, SX Tools.
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y/N: N
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

Well i will explain my history again, the first time i hacked my switch i didn't know that i can perform a nand backup with low space on my sd card, it was 16GB, but nearly the 6.2.0 update for switch was coming, i didn't recist to the idea of being Banned so, i formated the system from settings, system recovery and settings again, but before this i updated my switch for the exFat support when i already installed an nsp but delete wifi settings and that faster no bug code was done at that time. I used rajnx then reinx and last atmosphere, got errors on Rajnx and atmosphere, i don't know if at that time my rajnx cfw was using creport but on atmosphere yes, i used reinx to know how it works but leave it. From this, i thought i was banned 3 days after the formats and that, but was problems with my internet and my switch fixed it and wasn't banned, updated from 6.1.0 to 6.2.0 play online on free games normally, downloaded them from eshop and that, a week later i wanted to hack again but no support for 6.2 was made, so with my 16GB this time knowing i can backup my nand, i did it on my 3 time formated nand, and downgrade to 6.1.0, when finally atmosphere was out for 6.2 this time with a 128GB sd card i restored the backup that i did and hack, to end this quick, at the beginning of this year i got some money to bought a license for SXOS, so i restored again my Nand, look that i wasn't banned, and play some games, till now i'm not banned, 3 days ago i finally bought my License, created an emuNand, played .xci, installed nsp, all of them on Emunand and when i restart to ofw everything is fine, still no ban.

What i think too for this case is that i'm flagged for the next 3 months or maybe a year for a ban, nintendo is waiting for a good amount of hackers to just simple do a ban wave and RIP, why i said it? because my friend is doing cfw with nsp and updating them on eshop and updating his console on the legal way and he has been doing this since 3 months, nothing has happend to him too.

Now you can laught at me because "haha he bought sxos because he think he won't be banned and that", but i don't care, if that is going to happend then is ok, but i like the idea of the impleted cheats and external usb support, they might be coming to free cfw too, so good for it, but i can enjoy them now. :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used CFW before, installed NSPs, gone online, stopped, went back to OFW, purchased games/online, play online and have yet to be banned. I'm sure it'll come sooner or later, but till then I'm just taking in the advantages of it.

fantasticlain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just wanted to know is it dangerous right now to use layeredfs offline(internet settings deleted and airplane mode on) for backup loading?
I actually have created a user profile on my switch only for layeredfs backups with no Nintendo account linked to it.
And for my other user profile which is linked to a Nintendo account I ve enabled GDPR protections.
Thanks in advance!

MalleMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any way to go online while saving my fuses up until 4.1.0? Asking because I'd like to be able to make use of the private exploit if/when it becomes public.
Not sure how to go about it though in regards of the method of updating to 7.0.1, using autoRCM and still having a low risk of being banned.
All help is welcome!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there any way to go online while saving my fuses up until 4.1.0? Asking because I'd like to be able to make use of the private exploit if/when it becomes public.
Not sure how to go about it though in regards of the method of updating to 7.0.1, using autoRCM and still having a low risk of being banned.
All help is welcome!
You could update to latest firmware with ChoiDujourNX and don’t burn fuses. Then you could always go back to 4.1.0. But if you go online with your console you will be probably banned.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just wanted to know is it dangerous right now to use layeredfs offline(internet settings deleted and airplane mode on) for backup loading?
I actually have created a user profile on my switch only for layeredfs backups with no Nintendo account linked to it.
And for my other user profile which is linked to a Nintendo account I ve enabled GDPR protections.
Thanks in advance!
There is no reason to use LayeredFS for backup loading anymore since we have native backup launching support via both .NSP and .XCI files. The entire reason LayeredFS has a bad reputation is because it led to the first banwave due to everyone using it to play backups.

fantasticlain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to use LayeredFS for backup loading anymore since we have native backup launching support via both .NSP and .XCI files. The entire reason LayeredFS has a bad reputation is because it led to the first banwave due to everyone using it to play backups.
And how did Nintendo detect?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?