Nintendo switch after market fan

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by IPLbug, Sep 8, 2019.

1. IPLbug
    OP

IPLbug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    Under Your bed stealing your data
    I’m curious if anyone knows the actual rpm max fan speed for the switch cooling fan or if anyone can point me to a after market fan that’s way faster/efficient for the switch I know people will say bla bla the switch barely over heats only in dock if left there for long periods and you can do the dock mod but I’ve modded my dock with a shell of eBay to make my dock super compact and just wanna give my switch a little more air quality pulling into it to overclock to higher clocks speed or maintain max clock speed possible with minimum heat issues

2. Agilato

Agilato Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    United States
    Problem is that Nintendo Uses proprietary Fan, it's close to impossible find a fan that will not make ur system looks like Frankenstein....

The first step would be to remove copper foil between CPU and heatsink, and use good termal paste(Like Arctic 7) both between CPU and heatsink and Between heatsink and a cover plate, it helps big time.

Last edited by Agilato, Sep 9, 2019
  3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The stock fan has a max speed of around 10,000-11,000rpm, which is more than adequate and will almost never be reached